PDA

View Full Version : Help on the initial break in

Skiddz
10-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Alright guys, i've been told to shoot a few tanks of air through a new mag. I have a tac-one with all the perks and i shot through a tank.

Durring this i had noticed every once in a while (20 shots or so) the tank wouldn't fully shoot but do a little hiss type sputter. I was wondering if this can be because of low output tank pressure or velocity troubles?

I'm not near a chrono right now, i can be later because my teamate has one but now i'm out of air.

Its only a 72 3000 psi tank too so that may be the problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and i appolgize if this is a common question but i searched for some info on here and came up short.

Help a new mag user!!!! :cry: :cry:

Skiddz
10-05-2007, 02:37 PM
also is it normal for a gun to shoot when you air it up? I don't think so but someone help me out.

angrysasquatch
10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
By low output pressure tank, do you actually mean its low pressure output (~350 psi) or do you mean its on the lower side of high pressure output? As long as its around 700 psi (or more) then that's not causing your problem. The hiss sputter thig is probably the level 10 keeping you from chopping a ball. Does the frequency at which it happens have anything to do with your ROF? If so, that's probably it. If you want that to go away, get a faster hopper :shooting:

The shooting on gas up could be your sear rod. I suggest you dont touch it. just put a sock on it and point it at the ground.

stevewar
10-05-2007, 02:48 PM
By low output pressure tank, do you actually mean its low pressure output (~350 psi) or do you mean its on the lower side of high pressure output? As long as its around 700 psi (or more) then that's not causing your problem. The hiss sputter thig is probably the level 10 keeping you from chopping a ball. Does the frequency at which it happens have anything to do with your ROF? If so, that's probably it. If you want that to go away, get a faster hopper :shooting:

I agree with angry, the hiss is mostly likely your level 10 doing its job.

As far as break in, my personal opinion is that shoot a loader full of paint through it to get all of the seals set and you should be good to go. I always put a few drops of synthetic oil into my asa, remove the barrel, and dry fire about 30 - 40 shots before removing my tank and putting the gun away. That's really all you should have to do.

stevewar
10-05-2007, 03:03 PM
also is it normal for a gun to shoot when you air it up? I don't think so but someone help me out.

it is not normal for your gun to shoot when you air up. It sounds like something in the on / off isn't seating correctly, but I'm not really sure about that one.

Also, go to youtube.com and search for tom kaye. look for Automag video with Tom Kaye pt7/9, and 8/9. These will show you how to debug almost anything not related to your level 10.

Skiddz
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
alright thanks guys, it couuld be my rate of fire but.... i did shoot slower and minimally it happened so that could be true. I have an evo III so i shouldn't have any problems. It mostly happened dry fireing so that could be true.

I'm just wanting to fix the whole shooting when the tank is added on now. There is an empire on off on it so maybe its a bad asa?

angrysasquatch
10-05-2007, 03:48 PM
If you can shoot fast without the balls going less and less distance then your asa's fine. IMO, evo's in general are horrible. One of my friends used an Evo 2 with z-board (same thing as an evo 3) and id dont think a single ball made it through that gun whole. The problem with evos is they aren't force feed. And also, the speed they advertise isn't true at all (isnt it 23?). They feed from 13-15 from what I've seen.