PDA

View Full Version : Decyphering a problem with my Pneumag:

Empyreal Rogue
10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I'll start from the beginning.

A few weeks ago I took my Pneumag to the field and it shot fine despite having some loader troubles with my Q-Loader. There was the occasional chuff, but I later learned how to tune that. I needed to play with the carrier size on my LX. So I started to fiddle with it and after spending hours with it on Saturday, it ended up being worse than it was before. I started with the smallest carrier and worked my way up. I had 2 shims in it the whole time.

Out of frustration I just decided to try a different valve and LX all together; and it shot a lot better, but again with an occasional chuff. Other than the LX probably being tuned better, the only difference between the two valves was the on/off. On the first valve I used I had a ULT in it, the second valve is for my E-Mag so it had an E-Mag on/off. So I decided to offer a straight trade, my ULT for another E-Mag on/off. But would a stock RT on/off work better?

I've gone through two different valves and I've had similar problems with the chuffing. Where else could the problem be if not with the LX or on/off? When the pneumatics were first installed the gun fired just fine, and right now it has the same rail, sear, and pneumatics it originally had.

I may just bite the bullet on this one and see if any experienced pneumag techs would be willing to tune it for me. I'd rather do it on my own to learn how and to save myself some money, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

BigEvil
10-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Just out of curiosity, did you try to increase the output of the LPR?

Empyreal Rogue
10-08-2007, 06:56 AM
I have not adjusted anything with the pneumatics. I have an adjustable tank and have the input pressure set to 950.

BigEvil
10-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Im assuming you have either a Tickler or Micro Rock LPR... try increasing the output a little. It will make the ram hit the sear a little harder, and possibly help your problem.

Spider-TW
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Other than the LPR pressure, make sure the (MSV-MSV arm-trigger rod-trigger) linkage is all free to move. If any of it gets dirty or sticky, it can give you troubles. The MSV has to be free to return when you lift your finger, and it doesn't have a lot of push back in the first place.

Empyreal Rogue
10-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Im assuming you have either a Tickler or Micro Rock LPR... try increasing the output a little. It will make the ram hit the sear a little harder, and possibly help your problem.

It's a Tickler LPR. How do I adjust it?

sTaLa
10-08-2007, 10:20 AM
The tickler is made of two parts: a kind of long tube, and a small cylinder at the end of it with some relief on it. Screw in that last part to increase the pressure.

Empyreal Rogue
10-10-2007, 04:05 PM
I gotta hand it to you guys, that completely took away all problems my pneumatics were having.

No more chuffing, no more bolt sticking, hell the LX isn't even leaking anymore. Though that last part might be a coincidence... Regardless, it's perfect right now. INCREDIBLY reactive. Though it felt like it was shooting hot so I'll play with the LPR more next time I have time at the field.

Now I have to buy a new pack of foamies. Somehow I shot all mine out over the weekend...

Coralis
10-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I dont have a pnuemag but as I understand it the LPR shouldn't affect the velocity just the cycling of the bolt back and forth.

Empyreal Rogue
10-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I think I jumped the gun on that part. I put it back together (completely) and it shot normally. Guess I was so excited that it was shooting smoothly I got caught up in the moment. :D

I ran out of air while testing, but towards the end (Last couple hundred PSI) I was getting a little shoot down. I figured that was because I was low on air, but since I'm not completely familiar with the pneumatics yet I can't be 100% sure. This weekend is our MXS event so I won't get to play, but I'll be at the field all weekend to test and tune.