PDA

View Full Version : Cockers r00l!!1!

DeTrevni
10-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys actually continue the old 'cocker/'mag rivalry? Just thinking, and figured I'd ask.

Me personally, rivalry no, but I do prefer 'cockers. Of course, I don't have too much experience with 'mags, though I did own an E-Mag for a while. I kinda want another one...

Hexis
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I have an Emag, Retro Minimag and a few other mags. I also have an Orracle. I love them all for different reasons. I would like to build an E framed turtled cocker of some sort next.

I say own and love them all.

siloseven
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I do with my friends out of fun, most have the newer cockers like e/blades, black magics trilogy's ect. and I have a very old minimag. so i give the "Ha, you just got shot by a gun thats older then you are!" speech from time to time.

but guys i don't know I don't. just me and my friends on the field that gives us something to laugh at.

turbo chicken
10-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't continue the rivalry ... infact i recently purchased a cocker. It put pump kit on it last week but ... i don't see the rivalry as much anymore. Probably because there are many more markers out there than there used to be. And mags and cockers have kinds faded into the shadows... lurking... still there but not like they used to be.

Warwitch
10-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Eh, I gave up on 'Cockers a couple of years ago. Tired of continually tweaking pneu's and replacing microline.

Though I do really miss my back-block mojo! *p'chk*p'chk*p'chk* :shooting:

Edit: Iguess its not fair to say I gave up on them either. I still have an '05 Racegun Halfblock :ninja:

psychowarden
10-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I am currently shooting an 05 Prostock as my main Semi. However, for me, a cocker could never compete with a good mag, it's just a matter of money to me.

behemoth
10-08-2007, 02:18 PM
The only good cocker is one with a pump kit....

JOESPUD27
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
The only good cocker is one with a pump kit....
Yep. :D

Jay

Dend78
10-08-2007, 03:05 PM
^^^ agreed, put anymore on it and you gotta time it again, i remember my first cocker, got it stock, put a delrin bolt on it and new ram, took it out to shoot it, and i could have sworn i was shooting the blender. regardless got it fixed and traded it for an A5, later on owned an E2 mini oracle, very nice gun just wasnt a mag, then got another with an E1, and found out that the delay on that board sux bad. next cocker im owning is gonna have a pump kit on it.

as far a rivalry, you can take your cocker and shove it my mag will own it, i dont know what you are talking about :confused:

flyingpootang
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
This debate has been over for years now.....Mags won :ninja:

Dend78
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM

oh snap!!! :rofl:

DeTrevni
10-08-2007, 03:54 PM

/me shuffles over to Custom Cockers forum to see what they have to say

Heh. If you're gonna get aggressive, you Mag owners are lazy bums! Tuning a 'cocker is half the fun! Of course, y'all want it all ready to go for ya, dontcha? :p

Srsly though, I didn't come here to spam. You made me do it!

mr doo doo
10-08-2007, 04:18 PM
i sometimes do with my friend who loves autocockers as much as i love mags, but at the end, i win, or, mags win...flyingpootang, you get the idea :D

Ruler_Mark
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Take it from me, I wasprolly one of the biggest cocker junkies.
http://www.rscheata.net/pb/sales/rdl/rdl86-4.JPG

that gun is fast. only cycling mass is the bolt sled pump arm, mylpr is sooo low that it wont chop, too bad it will still fire unlike lvl X(1 for mags).

Consitency at higher ROF blows in a cocker, after i get above 15bps its not worth the shot, 15bps for consistent fireing is a breeze for mags (1 for mags)

Cockers only advantage is the exterior coolness of the moving backblock(1 for cockers).

Mag's stock from AGD are the best you dont need aftermarket parts to make it a better gun(1 for your wallet).

Both gun's have thier loyal's but when a cocker's resale can go in half in a month and mag's stay the same that says something.

I got tired of mycocker's consistency at very high ROF(It;s fine at legal torney rates but I like to have a beast and always wanted a single tube gun) A person called Thotograph after seeing my cocker work and rants on cockers converted me to mag's. I actually prefered a mag with intelli and xvalve with lvl X over that cocker in a game. Especially after i googled a guy int hier endzone from my 10, first shot. Sure i've had somegood shots with my cocker and its alot better than msot of the guns out there but i want the best.

I spent over a grand on that cocker, I spent 300$ on a mag and already pleased. I then decided to make the mag into a ep sleeper with everything hidden still working on it but im sooo pleased with her.

:hail: AGD. It shows when a gun made in 2002 stock is still worth near it's msrp where as all the other guns are only worth at the most 50% even if they have ups and were top of the line(Excluding very rareguns).

dstud2000
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I was pro cocker/blazer/typhoon (closed bolt, pneumatically operated semi autos) and anti mag for a long time. Now that I have my RT ULE you couldn't put another gun in my hand except another mag or a pump. :D

ThePixelGuru
10-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I like both - I used to have an e-cocker but I sold it to buy another 'mag. I like mechs more anyway, though. There was a kid at the field I used to run who could get a good 10bps easy out of his mech 'cocker, and more if he really tried. That was pretty amazing. I was reffing the first game of the day and I couldn't figure out who had the electro because I didn't see anyone walk on with one.

Still, I prefer the feel of the 'mag trigger over the 'cocker one. That and the sleeker single-tube design are why I'm a 'mag guy. All preference, though.

nate2k191
10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
its a good rivalry, even though i've never owned a cocker i want one, but now i have too many mags and can't justify buying another marker

too bad, i really want a karni, so quiet

senghing27
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I own a phantom

/end thread :headbang:

nate2k191
10-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I own a phantom

/end thread :headbang:

me too, forgot to mention that. (another reason i can't get a cocker)

/end thead x2

zipity_Bop
10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
we got firms like in green street hooligans.....

we fight at every major event

bryceeden
10-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Cockers are good markers and are reliable if people set and forget instead of constantly tuning and tinkering. But resale value on them sucks bad. Mags on the other hand are always reliable and have awsome resale. Mags are capable of higher rates of fire, but hey cockers shoot further right :ninja:

lew
10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I like to keep the debate (not really a debate, since Cockers due indeed rule) going.

Truth be told, I like 'em both, but I'm much more comfortable with a Cocker in my hands.

DeTrevni
10-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Losing consistency on high rates of fire seems like shootdown. Was your LPR set too low? Or the HPR? I haven't had that problem before. Maybe the ram needed to be QEV'd.

As for the price, it appears you spent all your money on neat, but unnecessary gizmo's (though it does look GREAT). You can ZeroB an E1, put it on a stock body you midded or halfed yourself, upgrade the pneus, respring the gun and have it perform its peak for about as much as an X-Valved Mag. ESPECIALLY with cockers' resale value nowadays, so that would be a bonus. If you wanted to, a new MQ valve is out, and they are only $125. Plus, I think resale isn't a valid point in this argument, as if you're so loyal to your marker, you'd only sell it to get another one! :P

Also, the mag market is still dying, where the cocker market, while also dying, is way more plentiful. Not to mention, WGP/K2 is coming out with yet another line. Outside of here and MCB, it's rather hard to find Mag parts.

On mags' defense, I really do love the way an E-Mag looks, and the single tube layout is cool. Plus, being modular is always a good thing.

While I stand by my cocker, I will admit I do want to build a mag again.

Ruler_Mark
10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Losing consistency on high rates of fire seems like shootdown. Was your LPR set too low? Or the HPR? I haven't had that problem before. Maybe the ram needed to be QEV'd.

As for the price, it appears you spent all your money on neat, but unnecessary gizmo's (though it does look GREAT). You can ZeroB an E1, put it on a stock body you midded or halfed yourself, upgrade the pneus, respring the gun and have it perform its peak for about as much as an X-Valved Mag. ESPECIALLY with cockers' resale value nowadays, so that would be a bonus. If you wanted to, a new MQ valve is out, and they are only $125. Plus, I think resale isn't a valid point in this argument, as if you're so loyal to your marker, you'd only sell it to get another one! :P

Also, the mag market is still dying, where the cocker market, while also dying, is way more plentiful. Not to mention, WGP/K2 is coming out with yet another line. Outside of here and MCB, it's rather hard to find Mag parts.

On mags' defense, I really do love the way an E-Mag looks, and the single tube layout is cool. Plus, being modular is always a good thing.

While I stand by my cocker, I will admit I do want to build a mag again.

If you known me you know i wouldnt make simple mistakes,, It was fine but when you hit high rates of fire in any cocker like above 15 you run into problems.

DeTrevni
10-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I didn't mean any offense, just throwing things out there.

Zone Drifter
10-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I did own a 98 cocker for a while, and honestly i liked it alot, but it did need some work and I just didnt feel like spending more money on it. That, and i have way too many guns as it is, so i sold it. If i could get a really good deal on another mechanical one, i might go for it.

DeTrevni
10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Define a good deal. '04 Prostocks are going for $89 new on Action Village.

drg
10-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Started with a mag, moved to cockers, built my own personal ultimate cocker (mq turtle) and that's my primary semi. Recently got back into mags with a pneumag which is actually a touch faster than my cocker, but in the end I prefer my cocker and, especially, my sniper.

The resale value thing doesn't really prove anything other than market forces and supply vs demand.

As for the rivalry, I remember writing my thoughts on a Web page somewhere around 1999 ... I think then as it has continued up to now, I find the cocker tinkerability/tunability the reason i DO like cockers.

drg
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
when you hit high rates of fire in any cocker like above 15 you run into problems.

Speak for yourself ... many cockers have proven otherwise.

Ruler_Mark
10-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Speak for yourself ... many cockers have proven otherwise.

never said it was impossible. just stuff that the average user could not do one thier own. I've re-programmed my beast of a cocker That it'ssecond nature to-do it when i go chrono in when i play. Before i 1/2'd one of my previous cockers i cranked the lpr and everything spring kitetc, i wasable to hit 16 on semi without shootdown but it raped my tank. To have a cocker exceed 15 bps without shootdown and mantain good effiency is all about tuning. Something that takes lots of time and air and paint. All of which arent very cheap. A mag can shoot thoose bps without any hours - days of tuning or aftermarket enhancements. that was thepoint i was trying to drive. Not saying it is impossible or has not been attained before.

drg
10-09-2007, 05:36 PM
never said it was impossible. just stuff that the average user could not do one thier own. I've re-programmed my beast of a cocker That it'ssecond nature to-do it when i go chrono in when i play. Before i 1/2'd one of my previous cockers i cranked the lpr and everything spring kitetc, i wasable to hit 16 on semi without shootdown but it raped my tank. To have a cocker exceed 15 bps without shootdown and mantain good effiency is all about tuning. Something that takes lots of time and air and paint. All of which arent very cheap. A mag can shoot thoose bps without any hours - days of tuning or aftermarket enhancements. that was thepoint i was trying to drive. Not saying it is impossible or has not been attained before.

The mag *valve* can -- the mag itself? Not in any particular cost-effective form. Getting a mag to exceed 15bps semi is an expensive proposition no matter how you cut it, and is actually likely to be more expensive than the paint and air associated with extensive tuning. And quite possibly more expensive than professional tuning, to counter the time argument.

Ruler_Mark
10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
The mag *valve* can -- the mag itself? Not in any particular cost-effective form. Getting a mag to exceed 15bps semi is an expensive proposition no matter how you cut it, and is actually likely to be more expensive than the paint and air associated with extensive tuning. And quite possibly more expensive than professional tuning, to counter the time argument.

Then technically you also must say the same for some cockers,, lowest mag and cocker are both mech. To E-frame a cocker your looking at 200$ for a e2 or e1 with zeroB. then with a cocker you need a better ram,qevs,lpr,bolt, mabey a 1/2ing. That stuff adds up, the cocker and mag before air and paint and a professional tuning are about the same to buy. :mad: Then resale takes its rape and cockers areworth alot less potencially the amount of air and paint.

Lenny
10-09-2007, 06:43 PM
With Automags, you get a gun that's ready to rock right out of the box, is easily and cheaply modded, fast (or capable of being fast), and light. All you have to do is make sure it's oiled, slap on some air and throw in some paint.

With Autocockers, EVERY aspect of the gun can be controlled by the user. So, while some may not be great performers out of the box, they can be tweaked and tuned far more than 'Mags.

I like them both. 'Mags are my favorite, but I've been using my '05 Prostock a lot lately. They both have their perks.

/Snipers are the greatest pumps around. :ninja: