PDA

View Full Version : cocking problem

pepple84
10-08-2007, 01:20 PM
while playing yesterday, my mag repeatedly failed to cocking correctly, it usually happened in a higher ROF and the on/off seemed to not reset or something. i would de-gas the marker and re-gas it and it seemed to fix itself. what should i start with, replacing o-rings? or is it maybe something with the sear? could it be the on/off pin itself?

retro valve, Y-grip, nitroduck tank running at >800 psi

stevewar
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
while playing yesterday, my mag repeatedly failed to cocking correctly, it usually happened in a higher ROF and the on/off seemed to not reset or something. i would de-gas the marker and re-gas it and it seemed to fix itself. what should i start with, replacing o-rings? or is it maybe something with the sear? could it be the on/off pin itself?

retro valve, Y-grip, nitroduck tank running at >800 psi

when you say recock, do you mean the bolt is sticking?

if so, then you need to install next size longer power tube spacer. If bolt still sticks, repeat until bolt does not stick.

pepple84
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
i pull the trigger and the sear doesn't reset or something, the sear pin does not return to push the trigger forward. could you help me out with this "bolt sticking" description

Spider-TW
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Or your bolt spring could be worn. Try a new one if you have it handy.

What kind of bolt?

pepple84
10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
forgot to post that, level X

pepple84
10-08-2007, 03:16 PM
after degassing the marker, i found that the on/off pin is sticking downward, not letting the valve slide out on disassembly. i've run out of air in my tank so i'll trouble shoot more tomorrow

Andrewliu6294
10-08-2007, 03:57 PM
thats normal, after gassing up and degassing, you gotta pull the trigger to push the pin in. THEN you can slide out the valve.

pepple84
10-08-2007, 04:41 PM
i think it may have to do with the bolt stick problem mentioned. since i didn't have a barrel on like when i was playing, i pushed the bolt back and it clicked, then shot fine again until the problem occurred again. a valve spacer was mentioned?

nevtangle
10-08-2007, 05:04 PM
i think it may have to do with the bolt stick problem mentioned. since i didn't have a barrel on like when i was playing, i pushed the bolt back and it clicked, then shot fine again until the problem occurred again. a valve spacer was mentioned?
Since you have the lvl 10 it's probably your carrier size. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. The one you are using may be too small or tight. Use the same oring when changing carriers. As mentioned above, if your spring has been used a lot try replacing it.