PDA

View Full Version : Old AA raptor regulator question

phatty123
10-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I have heard they are adjustable to 800 psi and 1000 psi and 1200 psi. Witch is thrue? AA website seems to be gone, I guess they are out of business. The manual says the raptor and raptor rex are adjustable to 1k. I'm guessing this is right, I mean its in the manual. Just a seller is selling 10 of them on ebay saying they only go up to 800. I need 1k out for my oldschool rt project. If anyone one here can say for certain that would be great. I trust you guys. I have the 3000psi raptor reg.

Thanks,
Barry

personman
10-08-2007, 11:46 PM
They're about 1000 I believe. I used to have an oldskool one. It could definitely adjust high enough to blow out a macroline hose and fitting, because that happened to me. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH WAY TO TURN THE SCREW! It's like a mag valve... the more clockwise you turn it, the higher the pressure.

I did not know that :p

olinar
10-09-2007, 02:15 AM
be careful not to turn it too high. like a mag it accepts a velocity lock used for a classic valve. invest in one and youll have that reg for a while. i cant tell ya how many times i bent the reg pin before i got a velocity lock.

lew
10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
They go to a 1000psi, atleast the one I had did.

Shane-O-Mac
10-09-2007, 12:37 PM
1000 is normal, maybe to carefully squeek out 1100. May bend the reg pin though. 2 things, do not use mag parts for replacements (piston o-ring is ok to use AGD parts, but NOT the seat and pin), and do not turn off the air by adjusting it down to 0. If you need to do that, turn it a turn, shoot gun 5 times, turn another turn, shoot 5 times, and repeat until its down to 0. Otherwise you will nick the o-ring and it will leak. And you will have to use an output gauge on the gun, there isn't an output hole for a gauge on the reg.

Shane-O