PDA

View Full Version : barrel kits

Pudgey51
10-09-2007, 01:14 PM
okay so im tryin to find a good barrel kit. Im liking both the hammerhead kit and the stiffi kit. i have reviewed the hammerhead website and talked with someone whos teammate has one and said its awesome. However i love the very little weight that comes with the stiffis. basically looking for anyone who has info good or bad on them. or on a kit that u think is better than both of them.

edit: if u vote "other" please post which kit u like/use...thanx

dyeforever
10-09-2007, 01:18 PM
have u took a look at the fibur from deadlywind? light as a stiffi but able to swap freak inserts in it. if only out of those two i would go with the stiffi kit.

Pudgey51
10-09-2007, 01:54 PM
have u took a look at the fibur from deadlywind? light as a stiffi but able to swap freak inserts in it. if only out of those two i would go with the stiffi kit.

i actually took a quick peek but never really looked into it that much...ill have to take a peek again...thanx for reminding me bout them

Ruler_Mark
10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
DW fibur with SS freak inserts

Warwitch
10-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah, thats a pretty short list. And neither of your choices are at the top.

These are my top 3 (in no particular order):
DW Fibur kit
Sanchez Machine (either Orbium or SM1 kits)
Powerlyte Scepter kit

Hexis
10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Titanium Longbow

are they even still around?

Pudgey51
10-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah, thats a pretty short list. And neither of your choices are at the top.

These are my top 3 (in no particular order):
DW Fibur kit
Sanchez Machine (either Orbium or SM1 kits)
Powerlyte Scepter kit

yeah i was thinkin bout puttin other options in like the freak or the SM1, but i really like the the stiffis and hammerheads, however now the Deadlywind fiber kit is gettin my interest...if i can find a ss freak insert kit for cheap i might go that route

Warwitch
10-09-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah i was thinkin bout puttin other options in like the freak or the SM1, but i really like the the stiffis and hammerheads, however now the Deadlywind fiber kit is gettin my interest...if i can find a ss freak insert kit for cheap i might go that route

Fibur > Stiffi any day of the week. Ive had both and they arent even close IMO. But I also like my Sanchez stuff alot too.

dstud2000
10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Freak with stainless steel inserts and a stiffi tip. That is the combo I run and I love it.

Philey-O-Fish
10-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I think all barrel kits are the same but for price and availability I say Freak.

jaywmustang
10-09-2007, 05:44 PM
i like the j and j edge kit

MANN
10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Titanium Longbow

are they even still around?

By far the best barrel I have ever used. Its actually the only barrel I will use now.

Reason: I have tried/used probally 95% of the barrels on the market, and this one out preforms all of them.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018

:cheers:

lew
10-09-2007, 06:53 PM
i like the j and j edge kit

+1

I love 'em. I like the pre-ceramic ones better, simply because they are available in a gloss finish.

Pudgey51
10-09-2007, 10:41 PM
By far the best barrel I have ever used. Its actually the only barrel I will use now.

Reason: I have tried/used probally 95% of the barrels on the market, and this one out preforms all of them.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2218018

:cheers:

well put together barrel test Mann, it was very informative

ThePixelGuru
10-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Another vote here for the DW Wisper. (Same as the Fibur, I guess). CF, one piece, takes freak inserts. What else could you want?

Josh2Xtremes
10-10-2007, 01:44 AM
I vote for the St!ffi given the limited choices. If you don't believe me, read the review of the barrel kit on ScenarioSource.com I just did for them. That oughtta give you more info.

TnDeathInc
10-10-2007, 07:20 AM
I think hammerhead is all hype, i wasnt impressed when i had one briefly, i didnt see any real big advantage in grouping patterns vs a freak vs dye ultralite. However I am like the heck out of my sm1 Sanchez kit for my mag. So much so i may purchase one for the mag i built to be shipped to gruntbull for annodizing.

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I vote for the St!ffi given the limited choices. If you don't believe me, read the review of the barrel kit on ScenarioSource.com I just did for them. That oughtta give you more info.

another well put together review of a barrel, i was lookin at the switch kit the only thing that bothered me is it only has 4-5 bore sizes like alot of other kits, the freak has 8 which seems like it offers a little more accurate sizing, but i dunno. keep the info comin guys

StygShore
10-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I think hammerhead is all hype, i wasnt impressed when i had one briefly, i didn't see any real big advantage in grouping patterns vs a freak vs dye ultralite. However I am like the heck out of my sm1 Sanchez kit for my mag. So much so i may purchase one for the mag i built to be shipped to gruntbull for annodizing.

You have NOOOO idea how hard it was to let that kit go :) Luckily I picked up a RACE kit. Basically the same thing minus the hub section. Keep an eye out on Ebay, the sizers show up on there every once in a while

I got hooked on the SM-1 barrels a few years ago, and the only complaint I have ever had about them is they don't clean out too well after a break because of the small porting holes - solution to that was lvl 10, then I never broke a ball!

Styg

TnDeathInc
10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Styg, i been around in paintball a long time. That barrel and testing it against all the other barrels i have and friends this last month, has made me want to convert a few more of my guns to SM1

Warwitch
10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
You have NOOOO idea how hard it was to let that kit go :) Luckily I picked up a RACE kit. Basically the same thing minus the hub section. Keep an eye out on Ebay, the sizers show up on there every once in a while

I got hooked on the SM-1 barrels a few years ago, and the only complaint I have ever had about them is they don't clean out too well after a break because of the small porting holes - solution to that was lvl 10, then I never broke a ball!

Styg

Yep, I have an SM1 for each marker I own. And the Orbium is really at the top of the Sanchez food chain, just takes a little getting used to that "basket porting" at the tip. REALLY quiet for an aluminum barrel though.

StygShore
10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Didnt they change the insert thread pattern for the Orbium? When I talked to Luis last time, he said they changed the threads so they were no longer reversed - Thats one of the features I actually always liked about the sanchez kits

made them a lot easier to take off my autocockers and pumps too

I am STILL on the lookout fo rone of the flame tipped barrels they made several years ago

sorry bout hi-jackign this thread :) - to keep it legit - I voted OTHER and choose the Sanchez Machine kits

Styg

OH NOES!!! - Just noticed the Sanchez Machine website is no longer up - think they are calling it quits?

Yep, I have an SM1 for each marker I own. And the Orbium is really at the top of the Sanchez food chain, just takes a little getting used to that "basket porting" at the tip. REALLY quiet for an aluminum barrel though.

zipity_Bop
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
i have a ripper cocker and have some trouble with the ends of the kits hitting the front of the body and they will not go in.... will the dw fibur fit that correctly? i've seen three threads this week alone so it must be good