PDA

View Full Version : Good compressors and resources?

SummaryJudgement
10-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm looking into maybe getting a compressor just so I can test stuff around the apartment. Does anybody have any recommendations?

-I don't need to fill up to 4500psi
-I'd be happy if I could fill up to 2000psi
-The quieter the better
-The smaller the better
-Gas vs. Electric (is this even an option for 2000/3000psi fills?)

This would only be for testing/tinkering.

Suggestions? Websites?

Thanks!

bryceeden
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I would look up airtex if I were you.thier website is www.airetex.com. very high quality compresors.

MANN
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
I would suggest scuba tanks.

kruger
10-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I second the scuba tank thing. You are talking a lot of money just to piddle around and most fields want you to use their air when you play. You can get a used scuba tank for little of nothing and then buy the adapter to fill your tanks with. Way cheaper way to go.

Bartman
10-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Here is a google search for you , I have been looking as well there is a ton of good info out there.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=5000+psi+air+compressors

these guys seem to have desent packages, and they are paintball guys( so price is a little higher then putting everything together your self)

http://www.emoneypaintball.net/index.php?cPath=3

Hope this helps,

and have a good day.

Bartman

craltal
10-09-2007, 09:09 PM
finding a compressor that outputs high enough pressure for our uses is expensive no matter how you look at it.

olinar
10-09-2007, 10:34 PM
where would someone find a scuba tank then? any online resources?

kruger
10-09-2007, 10:58 PM
try here:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=scuba+tank&category0=

pyrodragon
10-10-2007, 12:51 AM
finding a compressor that outputs high enough pressure for our uses is expensive no matter how you look at it.

Your in FL. how hard would it be to find a couple of scuba tanks? for $200 u should be able to buy two tanks and a fill station. u can usually get the tanks refill at the local fire dept. and just give the guy a couple bucks. a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a compressor.

craltal
10-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Your in FL. how hard would it be to find a couple of scuba tanks? for $200 u should be able to buy two tanks and a fill station. u can usually get the tanks refill at the local fire dept. and just give the guy a couple bucks. a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a compressor.

I know I live in Florida. I pass three scuba shops on my way to work everyday and own a fill station myself. My point was that that buying a personal air compressor capable of the output needed to fill a PB tank is going to be very expensive. I didn't say anything about scuba tanks as it was already mentioned as an option a couple of times before me.

randel
10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
I agree with what alot of the other people have said go with a scuba tank. it will be alot cheaper
than spending a few thousand on a compressor.

SummaryJudgement
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
It certainly is looking that way (scuba), although that airtex.com site has some nice looking options. Especially the electric ones, but yes they are expensive...................

Thanks guys!

:dance: