PDA

View Full Version : emag charger

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I did the search before but it didnt work for me and the last one i found that linked me to Radioshack the search didnt work there so im gonna try again. Im gonna run over to radioshack on my lunch break and need to know what to ask for for a battery charger. thanx in advance

Mechanic79
10-10-2007, 09:57 AM
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049691&cp=&parentPage=search

or search for "ac dc adapter"

This is similar to the one I use.

Make sure the "Plug" on the other end fits the emag charger base.

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 09:59 AM
isnt the emag battery like a 1000mA or something? will that one completely charge the battery? or should i go in and ask for certain specs?

Mechanic79
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
You need one that will do 12V. As for the Mah I believe the stock battery is 600~650 Mah?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but won't a charger say 800 Mah still charge say a 1000 MAH battery pack but it just takes longer? (I'm sure there is a minimum mah charger that is needed)

I've used my radio shack 12V wall charger for years on three emag batteries with no trouble.

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
sweet, ill see if they have it in shop and they might be able to help answer if it can charge to 100mah or not

athomas
10-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I did the search before but it didnt work for me and the last one i found that linked me to Radioshack the search didnt work there so im gonna try again. Im gonna run over to radioshack on my lunch break and need to know what to ask for for a battery charger. thanx in advanceAre you looking for a charger for your emag battery, or are you looking for an AC adapter for your emag charger? They are two completely different things.

The AC adapter provides a 12v source for your emag battery charger. This can be found at Radioshack.

An emag battery charger needs to be able to charge a 16.8v NiMh battery. This cannot be found at Radioshack.

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Are you looking for a charger for your emag battery, or are you looking for an AC adapter for your emag charger? They are two completely different things.

The AC adapter provides a 12v source for your emag battery charger. This can be found at Radioshack.

An emag battery charger needs to be able to charge a 16.8v NiMh battery. This cannot be found at Radioshack.

emag battery charger

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Are you looking for a charger for your emag battery, or are you looking for an AC adapter for your emag charger? They are two completely different things.

emag battery charger, will the best bet to go thru agd and buy their charger and then a wall adapter (AC adapter im assuming is the technical term)?

athomas
10-10-2007, 04:58 PM
If you need a charger, then the AGD one is what you need. Someone posted up an inexpensive alternative to the AGD emag charger, somewhere here on AO.

If you want to be able to charge in your house rather than in the car, then you need 12v ac adapter that plugs into the wall. There are a couple of types that will work. One supplies 12v to an automotive outlet that the emag charger cord plugs into. The other supplies 12 directly to a plug that fits into the emag charger.

Mechanic79
10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
http://kemicalreaction.com/WallChargerEmag.jpg

As you can see the maH is only 300 but it still charges it fully voltage wise.
I've been using a 1.5V ~ 12V charger as you see in this picture. Charging three Emag batteries for over 4 years worth of playing. All the batteries still work today.

This has been my personal experience, and mine alone.

If I'm doing something wrong with this charger please someone tell me.....
I don't like leaving $100 worth of equipment in my car to charge, wherever I am.

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
awesome guys thanx for the help...ill be placing my order soon, wanna get the emag out and running...i hope a charged battery is all it needs, wasnt sounding right last time i turned it on and tried screwing air in....but thats another post to come soon.

Mechanic79
10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
i hope a charged battery is all it needs, wasnt sounding right last time i turned it on and tried screwing air in....but thats another post to come soon.

Make sure it shoots well in "mechanical" first. Then use the electronics.
If it doesn't work in Mechanical it isn't going to work in E.

Pudgey51
10-31-2007, 10:06 AM
http://kemicalreaction.com/WallChargerEmag.jpg

As you can see the maH is only 300 but it still charges it fully voltage wise.
I've been using a 1.5V ~ 12V charger as you see in this picture. Charging three Emag batteries for over 4 years worth of playing. All the batteries still work today.

This has been my personal experience, and mine alone.

If I'm doing something wrong with this charger please someone tell me.....
I don't like leaving $100 worth of equipment in my car to charge, wherever I am.

mechanic i picked up the charger monday and its the exact same one...i now have it plugged in and evertyhing new question tho...its blinks green while hooked up does that mean its full or is it trickle chraging?

i got a level 10 kit gonna go thru and redo it and hopefully that will get rid of the leak/stick...will keep u posted but please let me know about the blinking green light

Russ
10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Pudgey,

Why don't you download the Emag manual off the AGD website?

Pudgey51
10-31-2007, 10:11 PM
lol did that today after i posted and read it..didnt have time to come back and edit the post sorry