PDA

View Full Version : smartparts max flo

DvS21
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I have a Smartparts max flo reg, the old style that is square and is adjustable to 1200 psi. The problem I have is that the thing won't really turn off, the only way to turn off the pressure is to turn the adjuster knob all the way out to get it to 0 psi....

The little lever on the bottom of the tank doesn't shut it off, it only really lessens the pressure...

Please help me out or recommend where I can send this thing out for a rebuild, It kinda gets annoying to unscrew the knob all the way every time.

Thanks guys!

Piranti
10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Smart parts themselves should be able to service it, or you can order a Rebuild Kit for it from Smart parts and rebuild it yourself if your confident in your mechanical abilities. If I recall correctly the SP Maxflo was NOT a bleed style on/off built into the on/off. Unlike the Dynaflow from Centerflag which does bleed the air with the pushbutton on/off =)

Spider-TW
10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately, that is common in the max-flo's. I have an inline that I have replaced or turned over the on/off oring three times now. I'm going to try to use a small teflon oring instead of the urethane that it comes with. Maybe that's why you see so many that look like they are in good condition for sale.

That or I may soak that oring in oil (and dry it) to try to harden up the urethane that keeps getting cut.

blake20
10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I have the same problem. The only o-rings that will work to fix your problem are the white ones that come from smart parts. It is an easy fix just take the on-off out and inside the reg on the tank side is an oring (should be white) take it out with a dental pick. Sleek everything up put in the new oring and carefully put the on-off back in. Easy fix. I have done quite a few. If you get the black o-rings forget even trying, they don't last. Call smart parts and get the correct orings. good luck.