PDA

View Full Version : FEP Quest curiosity....

MichaelMcKen
10-11-2007, 11:29 PM
In the October issue of PGI they review the FEP Quest as if it were just out on the market, but then we have sellers saying they've had them for nearly a year. Then the FEP site says $895 retail, but they are selling on the 'bay for under $300 in some cases...

What's up with that?
:confused:

Ruler_Mark
10-12-2007, 12:22 AM
In the October issue of PGI they review the FEP Quest as if it were just out on the market, but then we have sellers saying they've had them for nearly a year. Then the FEP site says $895 retail, but they are selling on the 'bay for under $300 in some cases...

What's up with that?
:confused:

its called magazine;s being slow or taking a bribe to review an overpriced gun to generate sales.

Josh2Xtremes
10-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi there, I'm Josh Silverman, the Associate Editor of PGi. You ask a good question but I think you've overlooked a few key points.

I personally reviewed the original, gen 1 Quest in PGi about a year ago and gave it a great review. That's the gun selling for 300 or so on various web stores. Older gun. Distributors are clearing inventory to make room for the newer versions.

The most recent Quest review, if you look, is of an entirely new gun, a 2007 version of the Quest with different electronics, improved internals and a hot new look. It's an even better version of what I consider to be a very sharp gun that's worth a look.

Hope this helps clear things up. Old gun, reviewed last year, selling for 300 bucks. New gun, reviewed this month, selling for a higher price. As for the older gun selling on FEP's site for a higher price, well, it's likely they haven't updated.

Thanks for reading PGi!
Josh

PS: I don't take bribes. PGi writes honest reviews of paintguns and other gear. No corporation or paintball gun manufacturer owns us.

CKY_Alliance
10-12-2007, 02:10 AM
If you can get a quest (prolly a gen3) for 300 bucks (I know you can get them for 400 on most sights) then that is a great deal. Imagine a shocker that has less kick and is more reliable. They are fast,light, and efficient enough.

WillyB
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
They are very good guns and like has been said before, think of Shocker with better efficiency. Also, unlike a Shocker, theres very little you have to do to them out of the box. Add a barrel and maybe the Goldmember bolt if you need more efficiency and you're set.

/Josh, it was great meeting you last weekend at Homecoming. Thanks for making the CFOA the best series in the United States and we'll see you next year.

MichaelMcKen
10-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Guys. Just being back in the game a couple months I hadn't realized there had been two previous generations of this marker.

Still, $300 or less seems like a pretty good deal for a new in box marker that was double or more the price a year ago.

Thanks again!

Josh2Xtremes
10-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Willy
Hey man, that means A LOT! It was great seeing you at Homecoming and hopefull we'll see you again very soon.

The difference between the CFOA and other leagues is that Larry, Rob and I are players. Always were, always will be. We've played tournaments where we've gotten a good value for the dollar and liked how that felt and we've played tournaments where we've gotten the shaft and we really didn't like how THAT felt. So, instead of calling you a player, you're a CUSTOMER at the CFOA. That means you have the right to be treated with respect and be given an high value for your dollar during your CFOA experience. It boils down to the fact that we really DO care.

Take care!
Josh

Ruler_Mark
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Willy
Hey man, that means A LOT! It was great seeing you at Homecoming and hopefull we'll see you again very soon.

The difference between the CFOA and other leagues is that Larry, Rob and I are players. Always were, always will be. We've played tournaments where we've gotten a good value for the dollar and liked how that felt and we've played tournaments where we've gotten the shaft and we really didn't like how THAT felt. So, instead of calling you a player, you're a CUSTOMER at the CFOA. That means you have the right to be treated with respect and be given an high value for your dollar during your CFOA experience. It boils down to the fact that we really DO care.

Take care!
Josh

sorry for my previous message, but in my deffense there are alot of magazines that do that

warbeak2099
10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
PS: I don't take bribes. PGi writes honest reviews of paintguns and other gear. No corporation or paintball gun manufacturer owns us.

Lol then why have I never seen a negative review in your mag or any other?

onedude36
10-12-2007, 03:33 PM

They choose not to print the negative reviews? Maybe they are afraid of making enemies. Small wonder why in this viscious market. :(

/maybe SP patented poor reviews? :confused:
//better not take that chance.
///ok im done with the slashes.

WillyB
10-12-2007, 05:05 PM

Paintball gun reviews are so subjective and they have to take that into effect. For instance, I hate the way Egos feel, but I would still review it as a decent gun because its reliable, fast, and efficient. Also, they don't keep the guns for very long. You usually only see them use the gun for a day or two of play. In that span of time you really won't be able to find out the problems that guns have because most guns are not broken in in a couple of days play. The thing is, how often do you see right out negative reviews of anything in magazines?

senghing27
10-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I have a Quest, and I love it...

/end thread