PDA

View Full Version : expansion champer o-rings

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I have a eclipse splash mag I'm trying to get up and running but the expansion chamber does not have any o-rings in it. anyone know where I can get some?

TwilightG
10-13-2007, 07:53 AM
:bounce: bump

I have the same problem... bought an ACI 4-stage ex chamber (brand new) and it came w/o any o-rings inside :tard:

Standard tank o-rings are too small. I managed to stretch one onto on of the cones but didn't really do anything since it's still too loose inside the chamber.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Anyone?

ThePixelGuru
10-15-2007, 01:36 AM
I doubt you'll need 'em. You can use a dummy tank as an expansion chamber and it'll help keep the liquid CO2 out. Hell, a gas-through foregrip will help. They used coils of remote line to keep liquid out back in the day. I run my Minimag vert bottle and that keeps the liquid out.

If it doesn't leak, gas that sucker up and go for it. Just gut the thing if you think the internals might trap liquid (I doubt it, though). Who cares, your splash kit will still look pretty. ;)

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I can't use it without o-rings, it just spews air from both ends. Maybe I'll just do a stock and a vert 3.5 oz co2. Still I would like to find some that will make the expansion chamber work.

BigEvil
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
take it to the hardware store.. I used to be able to find orings for the inside of my old expansion chambers there.

Spider-TW
10-15-2007, 01:17 PM
take it to the hardware store.. I used to be able to find orings for the inside of my old expansion chambers there.
Look in the faucet repair area.

Auto parts stores have HNBR (green) orings for auto AC systems. There are some larger (than bottle) orings in those packs. HNBR is about the same price as urethane, but will work well in a static seal like the expansion chamber.

rawbutter
10-15-2007, 01:58 PM

Dito. I bought a used expansion chamber that had rotten o-rings inside. I took it to a hardware store, messed around until I found the right size, and bought replacements for really cheap (like... less than $3).

It should probably be stressed, though, that you need to go to a small, local hardware store. I've looked for o-rings at Lowes and Home Depot before, and they do have some, but not the same variety as smaller places.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-15-2007, 03:24 PM
cool thanks for the advice.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey guys, I need a pic of where the o-rings go in one of the eclipse chambers. I can get the o-rings I just don't know where they go.