PDA

View Full Version : To Fireblade Customs and all others involved

punkncat
10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks to all involved in sending me an AO T-shirt. I REALLY appreciate the shirt and the sentiment.
I will do my best, and if all goes well will be on a prosthetic in around three months.

Thanks much :cry:

Warwitch
10-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Praying for the best bro. Judging by your custom user title you havent lost your sense of humor. Thats tough stuff man! :hail:

Smoothice
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks to all involved in sending me an AO T-shirt. I REALLY appreciate the shirt and the sentiment.
I will do my best, and if all goes well will be on a prosthetic in around three months.

Thanks much :cry:

I know I had read that you were in the hospital and when you got home your palmers stab was missing. I didn't hear anything else about what put you in the hospital. I'm sure I could find that thread. There are probably more details in there.

If you don't mind telling the story I would like to hear. And i'll understand if you don't. Best of luck in a speedy recovery :cheers:

punkncat
10-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I know I had read that you were in the hospital and when you got home your palmers stab was missing. I didn't hear anything else about what put you in the hospital. I'm sure I could find that thread. There are probably more details in there.

If you don't mind telling the story I would like to hear. And i'll understand if you don't. Best of luck in a speedy recovery :cheers:

I wrecked my CBR 900rr on the way home from a pub with friends. I had drank a bit, not legally drunk, but enough to impair my judgement. I was running down the road at a considerable rate of speed, lost control and went off into a ditch. I flew through the air and ended up around 100ish feet from where I ran off the road. Long story short, I lost my left foot below the knee, broke my left knee, left wrist was crushed, broken left elbow, right ankle, and much road rash.
I was life flighted to Grady Hospital in Atlanta, and stayed there recovering for five weeks. I am now home and rehab-ing. If all goes well I will be fitted for a prosthetic in about eight weeks.

Thanks for the (continued) support. :clap:

DaFin
10-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Best wishes for a quick and as complete as possible rehab.

rkjunior303
10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
I lost my left foot below the knee, broke my left knee, left wrist was crushed, broken left elbow, right ankle, and much road rash.

Meerly a flesh wound!! Glad to hear youre ok, though! My uncle was broadsided in his Ducati...

http://browndailysqueal.com/archives/Monty%20python%20black%20knight.jpg

nevtangle
10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I am really sorry to hear about your accident. You are very lucky! I had a friend that did the exact same thing but his story ended differently. Anyhow, my girlfriend works for a really good prosthetics company in California. They are on the research, developement and manufacturing side. I'm always amazed at the technolgy that is available today.

Good luck to you!

jaywmustang
10-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Get well soon. :cheers:

mr doo doo
10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
wow, im so sorry for what happened. i know things like this happen, and im glad you are still alive. good luck, and get better :cheers: (that is a nice bike, by the way)

FiXeL
10-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Sheesh... I've read about you being hospitalised because of an accident, but i never thought it would be that serious. Well for what its worth, you still are alive and i hope you will pick up your life as it was before.

AO Moderation Team
10-13-2007, 03:16 PM
:ninja: :argh:

Smoothice
10-13-2007, 03:30 PM
yikes!!!!

You are a lucky man to be alive. Best of wishes to you and your family for a speedy recovery.

mobsterboy
10-13-2007, 07:11 PM
dude........you should TOTALLY ULE your prosthetic! :tard:

Sorry about your accident man. Godspeed on your recovery and course back to paintball...

RRfireblade
10-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Good luck and Godspeed.

The sentiment was offered by the Modstaff in the interest of AO , it was my honor to put up the shirt.

Real riders are never totally down , they just come back lighter and faster. :D