PDA

View Full Version : Finally Home! Tuna-fied SFL E-Mag!!

PsychoBaller
10-12-2007, 08:55 PM
First laid my eyes and hands on her in 03', and she's been my Primary Marker ever since. As such, all those yrs of abuse took their toll, and 07' had her penciled in for major work... ;) Finally back from da Tuna, she's all sweetness again :cool:

My Red SFL E-Mag

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/811/Ballers_SFL_E-Mag.jpg
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/811/Ballers_SFL_E-Mag_b.jpg
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/811/Ballers_SFL_E-Mag_c.jpg
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/811/Ballers_SFL_E-Mag_d.jpg
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/811/Ballers_SFL_E-Mag_e.jpg
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/811/Ballers_SFL_E-Mag_f.jpg

Entirely stripped, polished, and cleaned up. Anno completely redone in her original gloss-blood-Red color. Internals were all tuned up. She is the awesome once again!

:cheers:

-baller

PsychoBaller
10-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Aww dang,... can't believe I forgot to give out some kudos!

HUGE THANKS to da TUNAMAN! He's been my AGD Tech since 03' (back when we were both on the same all-Mag-shooting Tournament Team), to the present 07' Season.

Also, THANKS to ROGUEFACTOR, who also assisted in making my SFL all sweetness again.

:cheers:

-baller

BigEvil
10-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Jesus Baller, this is like going to a strip joint...... post some pics already.

RogueFactor
10-12-2007, 09:00 PM
She was entirely stripped and polished.

She wasnt just stripped and polished. There was quite a bit of time involved in taking out all the dents, scrapes, knicks, gouges, and blemishes. I just couldnt imagine that thing getting a facelift without all the blemishes being removed. I gotta say, the body looks amazing. Very glossy compared to its original finish.

Papa_Smurf
10-12-2007, 09:01 PM
anitcipation is killing me!

Rudz
10-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Congrats, I know you missed having her, aint nothing like a man and his SFL

Another proud SFL owner
Rudz

Rudz
10-12-2007, 11:03 PM
i got the same tank cover, a lil bit of white out, and some black marker, and my cover says "rudz" lol

mr doo doo
10-12-2007, 11:07 PM
^^ hahah. wow, that is nice Pyschoballer! treat her nicely :D

what is connecting the macroline to the valve?

shorty24
10-12-2007, 11:08 PM
very nice

/however, the Xmag breech doesn't quite...match... :rolleyes:
//oh well, i'll take it anyway :ninja:

Papa_Smurf
10-12-2007, 11:16 PM
No SFL breech? Oh my. :eek:

PsychoBaller
10-12-2007, 11:31 PM
what is connecting the macroline to the valve?
It's an OLD model, Stabuli Pro-Connect. I'll take some better pics for ya, but basically, there is a male end, and female end. The button on the female end depresses, releasing the male end. It's a quick quick quick disconnect. After disconnecting, all air is bled out of the marker, but air is held in the line.

very nice
Yah, knew it would be like that before the Re-Anno. SFL Bodies are a different grade Alum. than the later produced X-Mag Breeches. It's very slight, but it's better than the raw nickel breech I was playing with for the last 3yrs :rolleyes:

No SFL breech? Oh my. :eek:
Unfortunately, the tolerance specs on my original SFL Vert Breech were milled out sloppily by Shochtech, and was damaged beyond repair / use.

-baller

RogueFactor
10-12-2007, 11:38 PM

Nothing that could be done about that. As 'Baller said, the aluminum is a different alloy and will never be a perfect match. All those parts were done in the same batch.

Even the feedneck came out a slightly darker shade than the breech, and they were anod assembled.

mr doo doo
10-12-2007, 11:49 PM
It's an OLD model, Stabuli Pro-Connect. I'll take some better pics for ya, but basically, there is a male end, and female end. The button on the female end depresses, releasing the male end. It's a quick quick quick disconnect. After disconnecting, all air is bled out of the marker, but air is held in the line.

ah, i see. wow, that is pretty cool! just thought since you didnt have a plain 90* fitting, you did some ghetto setup for the pictures.

DeTrevni
10-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm actually really impressed you use it as a main. I'd do the same thing, personally. I just can't "do" that collector thing. Guns are meant to be used.

Thanna
10-13-2007, 01:37 AM
All I can say is WOW :D

PsychoBaller
10-13-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm actually really impressed you use it as a main. I'd do the same thing, personally. I just can't "do" that collector thing. Guns are meant to be used.

I should really burn all the pictures I have of her from the last couple yrs... sooo much abuse, sooo much! Rogue and Tuna will tell ya, :rofl:

st6212
10-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Post up some before and after shots. I'd like to see how mangled it was before the facelift.

How many shots are you getting from the 45/45?

BigEvil
10-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Post up some before and after shots. I'd like to see how mangled it was before the facelift.

How many shots are you getting from the 45/45?

Oh ... it was MANGLED.

Looking good Baller :cheers:

A-Tach-One
10-13-2007, 09:54 AM
God I love SFL's! Glad you haver back in your hands Psycoballer, looks great.

Andrewliu6294
10-13-2007, 09:58 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
that has got to be the sweetest Emag i've seen! beautiful, I must say rogue and tuna do some great work! the blood red ano looks killer. :ninja:

you should enter it in the MOTM. :p

Pudgey51
10-13-2007, 10:27 AM
:wow: she is beautifull :hail:

maybe one day ill own one that beautiful

Mechanic79
10-13-2007, 10:45 AM
You have an awesome "finished" gun. Great attention to detail, style and function!
Excellent work and imagination!

Mayzons
10-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Looks great, who did the anno? I picked up a blue to purple fade X-mag that needs some TLC

Grey Goose
10-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Very, very nice.

S.S Bandit1
10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
always loved the SFL's...that thing is immaculate

BigEvil
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey Baller.. you got Xmod on that thing?

Papa_Smurf
10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Does it have ACE?

Ken Majors
10-14-2007, 05:08 PM
That is a nice XMag.

I'm not diggin the ENorMOus hopper so much....but that is just personal preference. ;)

TheTexan
10-14-2007, 06:28 PM
That is a nice XMag.

I'm not diggin the ENorMOus hopper so much....but that is just personal preference. ;)

not an xmag
it is a SFL E-mag

vikking_1
10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
sweet marker man, wow.
the thing conecting the macro is just another kind of QD. i have the same kind on a remote line for another marker setup i have.

Ken Majors
10-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm an idiot, I just typoed.

'nuff said.

You can still buy Staubli Pro-connects. Just keep an eye out on the MCB forums, or DocsMachine forums, or in the buy/sell/trade forum here.
Airsoldier used to have them but...they don't appear to any longer.

PsychoBaller
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
BigEvil: She doesn't have X-Mod, still thinking bout it. 3.2 is aighty.

PapaSmurf: AGD installed the ACE in her back in 03'. Never really use it though, since the advent of the LVL 10.

Just this weekend I removed the ProConnect setup. Realized I don't need another bleed in the line, since the tank is on the quick bleed CP On/Off ASA. Also, more of the gun body is showing, without that big piece on her side. They are still neat air fittings though :) .