PDA

View Full Version : emag problems

Pudgey51
10-13-2007, 11:51 AM
ok so i have an emag that i bought in the spring and havent used it since, when i got it it had a a little charge on the battery and i remember there being some problems before but i figured it was the battery. Then in a discussion with some members on here they convince me to test it in mechanical first to make sure it isnt the valve, so i did and here it goes.

It have level 10 and its leaking downt he barrel so obviously its something to do with the carriers or the shimes so as soon as i pick up a kit ill fix that.

the other problem is it doesnt seem to be resetting the sear/on-off assembly idk....heres what its doing: it will let me shoot a bit (3-4 shots) and then it wont shoot at all...at first it was only getttin 600psi so i turned it up to 800psi and still not shooting...need some help. thanx in advance

reflective
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Bolt stick maybe?!
Search over at youtube for the automag tech video(s), they explain how to fix it.
Of course it may not be bolt stick - upon which someone with more knowledge will assist.
Hope I helped in some way.

Pudgey51
10-13-2007, 05:17 PM
i dont think its bolt stick but i dunno....ill have to check into it more, its def pissin me off...im about to switch my xvalve but i really dont wanna id like to have it work with the valve in it....anyone else have any ideas?

Russ
10-13-2007, 05:59 PM
charge the battery, fix the leak, then go from there

JRingold
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Do you have a good spring? Is the carrier too tight? Can you manually reset the bolt using a straight shot squeegie?

athomas
10-16-2007, 11:06 AM
The valve not resetting is probably bolt stick caused by a carrier that is too tight. The leaking is probably too many shims in the powertube or your sear is worn. Remove all shims and use the largest carrier that does not leak.

Pudgey51
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
i gotta order a new level 10 the gun came used and did not have any extra level 10 parts so as soon as it comes in ill def try that

one_quick_ta
10-30-2007, 10:25 PM
i think you can just order the carriers you dont have to by the whole kit check the agd site (not sure of the new url) they have a section for level 10 parts i believe.

phizz
10-30-2007, 11:04 PM
depends what size carrier you need to go down too, I have lots of extras. pm me. Also check your asa. I had a problem with one of my tanks where I could screw the tank in/asa too far and it would starve the valve. trun untwisting it a 1/4 turn