PDA

View Full Version : got 2 used mags

my automag
10-13-2007, 01:38 PM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd41/myautomag/myautomags15.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd41/myautomag/myautomags14.jpg got new mags need lots of advice or even help and tips what ever people are willing to give in
well im new here so i dont even know how to post pics or where and how to use this place proper
but all help very appreciated
i got some pics on my pc to show but need help sewnding them here or wherever
thank you and please

reflective
10-13-2007, 01:47 PM
To post pics, you need to host them at a hosting site such as imageshack.us or jayloo.com (ect.) and use the insert image function when typing your post.

As far as tips, what would you like to know? Just ask any question you can think of, and someone here will be able to answer it. If you are looking for tech tips (of course always feel free to post a thread), check youtube for the automag tech video(s) and don't forget about the forum search function...... you can find anything you need to know, and the stickies!

What kind of mag(s) do you have? What would you like to know? and get some pics up - we always love pics!

And welcome to AO! :headbang:

my automag
10-13-2007, 01:53 PM
what u mean by host them?
and how?
thank you

my automag
10-13-2007, 02:44 PM
ok so i got a 68 automag classic crome body hopper on the left side with a warp feed neck i think palmers expansion chamber dye gripframe and sticky grip and drop crome sight rail nice and mint level7 bolt i think
also got an 68automag hopper on the right tube straight into gun body level 2 i think bolt

my automag
10-13-2007, 09:25 PM
hi, I was wondering about which one of them is more compatable with other mags and mag mods?
i would eventually like to make one penumatic, whichever one possible or easier.
what parts are recomended to make them....well you know, more than stock almost all the way crazy upped?
would it also be possible to turn one into an emag or of the same idea mod?
whats the best stup i can install for these babys to i guess have the best you can?
and i need big help on how to upload pictures of my computoer onto these posts, like stepby step almost type of thing.
can anybody help?

reflective
10-14-2007, 06:58 AM
just go to www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com and upload the picture to those websites. Once uploaded you just copy the url for the pic and use the insert image function when typing you message.

Example:
url for your pic goes here

as far as upgrading your mags, all mags (except the RT Classic) are interchangable, so both your mags can be upgraded in virtually anyway you want to up grade them.

my automag
10-14-2007, 10:27 AM
ok so for those two mags, can i put an electronic trigger from a spyder amg lcd?
and if, is it alot to tweak with to make it fit with not to much extra fitting or cutting involved anywhere?
i also got a brand new silver bullet only tested with electronic led trigger frame, if i dont have to alter too much is that any usefull in these conversions?

my automag
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
any body with any guesses or advice?
getting used to this slowly, heres more pics
thank you
ps: i hope it works

ok first time didnt work here goes
sorry
http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd41/myautomag/

Raven001
10-16-2007, 01:38 PM
where in Ontario are you?

my automag
10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
where in Ontario are you?

now thats good advice....... he he
whats up ?????????
who is this?

Spider-TW
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
The one mag I see there looks like it has all the makings of a pneumag. Search for pneumag and Juliano191. His had a modded palmers on it, which would be a better use for it than feeding the mag regulator (which helps with CO2 like an expensive expansion chamber). If the on/off valve is the classic on/off (round and stainless steel), you would do well to start with changing it to an RT on/off (brass with a square bottom). That would lighten the trigger up by about half the pull weight.

Are you using CO2 or HPA?

If you haven't played with mags much, you should get them working well as they are first and see where they fall short for you. At least you started with two so you can set them up differently. Of course, you will probably need more... :D

Coralis
10-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Instructions for a electronic grip conversion Lukes customs (http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0024.htm) also try using the search functions for spydermag

my automag
10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
The one mag I see there looks like it has all the makings of a pneumag. Search for pneumag and Juliano191. His had a modded palmers on it, which would be a better use for it than feeding the mag regulator (which helps with CO2 like an expensive expansion chamber). If the on/off valve is the classic on/off (round and stainless steel), you would do well to start with changing it to an RT on/off (brass with a square bottom). That would lighten the trigger up by about half the pull weight.

Are you using CO2 or HPA?

If you haven't played with mags much, you should get them working well as they are first and see where they fall short for you. At least you started with two so you can set them up differently. Of course, you will probably need more... :D

for the on\of i got some pics, but it looks like what you were talking about old one i think

i used co2 to test it and to set it up, and my air tanks expired so i only got co2 now.
the guy i got it from gave me a air tank but its expired also, and i dont know where to get it hydro tested in Canada.
i got some extra pics if you guys want to look to judge for help
both guns i fully and, i mean FULLY took apart, cleaned every single piece, and re lubed and greased a bit of the back valve. but wow it was a differance between the first shot on arrival, and a week later after everything was spankin new and re loobed.
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr rrrrr rrrrrrr just didnt want to stop shooting works amazing
i am very good with tools and tinkering
u give me a shop and tools i will build u anything even what ive seen all you guys constantly talkin about
well any ways enough blah blah blah and

thank you very much for the greate reply, good stuff, wow
thank you thank you

Spider-TW
10-18-2007, 03:51 PM
That is a classic on/off. Many people replace them wilth RT on/offs, but no one throws them away. :rolleyes: We're still trying to figure out what we can do with them. SOME people have baggies full of them.

If that's a urethane oring on the bottom, it looks like it is about dead with age (it looks black, but the stock ring is urethane). I had a mag full of orings like that. It let me play about three days total before it sprouted a leak. You may want to keep a rebuild kit around, about $15-$20 from airgundesignsusa.com or themagsmith.com.

my automag
10-19-2007, 10:50 AM
That is a classic on/off. Many people replace them wilth RT on/offs, but no one throws them away. :rolleyes: We're still trying to figure out what we can do with them. SOME people have baggies full of them.

If that's a urethane oring on the bottom, it looks like it is about dead with age (it looks black, but the stock ring is urethane). I had a mag full of orings like that. It let me play about three days total before it sprouted a leak. You may want to keep a rebuild kit around, about $15-$20 from airgundesignsusa.com or themagsmith.com.

thank you thank you thank you
greate to have a reply full with suggestions, opinions and helpfull advice, exactly what im waiting fo,r while im reading up on things myself.
well i read everything and probbably more than once by now, so now im an expert at the moment, but the thing is i only remember so much and for so long, and by the time i get all of it and the parts together, its back to square one again.
so this is the best thing, like short form notes.
plus i almost gave up already cause some guy told me off in the classifieds.
i was trying to bye a ULT kit from him, when another guy started to ask about it also eventhought i wasnt finished or answered yet.
so i got a bit panicky and thought i was being noobed or something, so i made a comment, nothing bad, more cocky panicky or something maybe. so the guy told me to get off his tread or something. but now its gone, changed or edited. so that just makes it feel even wierder.
really sucks to get dumped like that when ur trying to work on your precious mag.

since im already here does any one know of any other places to look for mag stuff without being punked off? or make you feel like its not worth it anymore.

thank you for the good info helps get things goin.

Spider-TW
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
The b/s/t forums have a post and message protocol that I haven't really gotten into. Be sure and check the b/s/t forum rules before you try to do much with them. Some people seem to use them exclusively and don't care to help b/s/t noobs. You really have to fish the b/s/t's or post a wtb (want to buy). I don't see how wtb's can be very effective.

I like to watch ebay just to see what goes by and for how much. If you haven't been to these websites, they are pretty much the expanse of the parts retail market, besides the few parts you find on the large paintball store sites:

Lukes customs as Coralis pointed out above.
tunamart.com
themagsmith.com
logicpaintball.com
airgundesignsusa.com

I'm not saying I know all of them, but these guys cover most of the services and parts you would ever need.

If you watch AO, there are a few guys that do limited runs of frames and bodies on occasion. With an automag valve, you can make a very pretty, unique, and high performance marker when you get the urge. You'll pay for a limited run CNC part, but not for marketing or royalties. :cool:

Check the mag of the month threads (MOTM) and you'll see what everyone else has done.

The Workshop forum is where you will find more stuff about non-AGD technical issues and parts like all the different frame and trigger customizations. There is a whole lot of stuff on AO. That's why you'll see "use the search tool" if you ask for details on a particular conversion.

Raven001
10-19-2007, 01:25 PM
for the on\of i got some pics, but it looks like what you were talking about old one i think

i used co2 to test it and to set it up, and my air tanks expired so i only got co2 now.
the guy i got it from gave me a air tank but its expired also, and i dont know where to get it hydro tested in Canada.

There are a number of scuba shops that are be able to hydro test or send out for testing, in the Toronto area. Look in the yellow pages under diving :D

Coralis
10-19-2007, 07:24 PM
These guys do hydrotesting and have a quick turn around time ... i dont know if they will ship to canada http://www.hydrotester.com/

my automag
10-23-2007, 09:59 AM
hey, any other tips or info?
thank you

my automag
10-27-2007, 10:09 PM
you think i should get the x valve, the ult setup and all the parts?
and where is it for cheap? cheapest?
if its worth it i would like to get the whole kit with all the shims, spacers and whatever else necessery, or good to have around

my automag
10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp
thanks

Railgun
11-02-2007, 10:50 PM
you think i should get the x valve, the ult setup and all the parts?
and where is it for cheap? cheapest?
if its worth it i would like to get the whole kit with all the shims, spacers and whatever else necessery, or good to have around

By the time you get all that you'll have almost enough for another gun. I'd suggest that it's time to move on if your Classic doesn't cut the mustard for you.

I guess it's all in what you want out of the gun. I'm extremely happy doing woodsball with my stock Classic and mechanical trigger. But if I wanted to get a rope gun I'd sell it and get something else altogether.

If you're taken with the idea of an Emag or a highly responsive RT setup and a classy new alloy body I'd suggest you just sell the Classic and buy the one you want already to go. It'll be a lot less money and time and trouble in the end.