PDA

View Full Version : removing the regulater

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-11-2002, 09:27 PM
does the reg at the back of the mag realy have to be there i mean if you took the guts out and it was a open space
would it still work(if you still put 375-450 psi in there??)
ok i dont want all you little performance freaks doing this but i just want to know will it work??
if you dont want to post answeres here email me please
[email protected]

Army
01-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Yes you can, but why? All you are doing is substituting one reg for another. The A.I.R. valve is a premium reg too, so you will have to match it's performance with another of equal quality.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-11-2002, 09:45 PM
no, it would just leak out of the back.

army-he's not talking about switching the valves. he's just talking about taking everything out of the reg body and such.

BlackVCG
01-11-2002, 10:08 PM
It's been done before by AGD back around the early 90's.

Conclusion: Leave the stock parts there.

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-11-2002, 10:16 PM
are there any functioning parts in the reg ...like the pin that comes out...

[NA]WARLORD
01-12-2002, 01:21 PM
how would you adjust the velocity without it?

personman
01-12-2002, 01:45 PM
You would just adjust it by the external regulator..

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-12-2002, 01:47 PM
guys, read the post, he's not talking about a different regulator. he's just talking about taking out the internals of the reg body and hooking it up.

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-12-2002, 03:53 PM
ok i just want to know if you take thr spring pack ect and feed the reg(now guttered) with 375-450 psi from say a gladiator reg would it still work???i mean running air not co2...as i see it there probably be no difference in performance but i just have always wondered if i could mount a reg that flows like a preverbial bitc..h if i could get any gain(lower pressure)..before you tell me the mag is already a low pressure(on the ball)gun i have read the posts, i mean just to have some thing different maybe it would be worth butchering another mag valve...any safty consernes??cmon i need help here you guys hold the answeres
BEEFY.

Army
01-12-2002, 05:59 PM
Now I gotcha.

You would not get any better flow into the gun. The passage into the on/off is already optimum for how the gun works, you will not get any faster flow, nor more than the gun already uses.

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-12-2002, 06:52 PM
ok #bows head#i realise my mistake.....
as i said the answer lies in your heads and i now have a answer..i think this post could go in the clasics forum so anyone that thinks of doing this will have a answer..
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL..
BEEFY.

HyperSnyper
01-13-2002, 04:38 AM
I have a gutted reg. I am still proud and happy with it, and will still keep my setup the way it is even if people on the forum flame me.

As for removing the back reg entirely, I was thinking of doing this. It is very possible, but then you would have to drill and tap a fitting into the on/off entry way. It didnt look like there was alot of meat there, so I declined the attempt.

Also, by leaving the back reg in (I originally wanted to revove it for weight savings =)), it will act as an extra volumizer to help prevent drop off. It may be a bit of overkill (since I run bottomline reg, the whole line leading to the valve and the entire gutted reg cavity will act as a volumizer for me) Simple rule about volumizer, more volume of regulated air space, the less pressure drop off will happen after a shot is made.

Something to think about and try (I see +/- 3 fps on my gun most of the time at the field, saw a dude with a Mag double reggin (non gutted AIR) getting +/- 1 once with a Maxflo).

-Hyper

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-13-2002, 04:41 PM
i knew it would work..but when u say doubble reggin what other reg was he running with his max flow???(or was he running his air as the second reg?)
BEEFY.