PDA

View Full Version : angel lcd battery question

devildog
10-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone, i pulled my 02 lcd out of the closet. needs a charge, but i dont have a charger. i picked up an adjustable voltage ac adapter that had the plug that fits. when i plug it into the board, a message says "tab in" on the screen. it does it with the on/off switch in both positions. if i switch the polarity of the charger, nothing comes on the screen and the vibrator spins in pulses.

please help with what the problem might be. the lcd battery is 6v, i think 1000mah. do i need a 1000mah charger?

viper-mayhem
10-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Go to angel-owners.com under the Paintball chat and read my thread about building your own rechargeable battery. Also, use an Angel charger because the board is what regulates the charge going into the battery and if the charger is not the correct one, you could fry your board.

devildog
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
thx ill check out your thread. the charger doesnt make a difference as long as the voltage, current, and polarity are the same as the angel charger.

viper-mayhem
10-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Yes, as long as those coincide, your set. Check out the reply and use one of the recharable batteries instead. That way you don't have to build it other than soldering the wires in. It is also a lot less inexpensive than buying one.