PDA

View Full Version : How is this possible?

peteralexander78
10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
My friend who has a minimag bought it from someone else, so he got his minimag with a very soft trigger pull and also it is very quiet compaired to mine. He has nothing but the stock am/mm on/off and intelli trigger frame. Stock minimag valve with the addition of a lvl 10. His mag shoots so much softer than mine. Just want to know if this is possible to dupicate or it just his the way his is. Has anyone had one of these mags that shoots quieter than normal?

Also both are shooting compressed air.

tech-chan
10-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Does he have a different barrel?
Does he have the marker chronoed?
My minimag does shoot a little quiter than my classic, but not very much. At least not enough to make you say wow.
-Jeremiah

peteralexander78
10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Does he have a different barrel?
Does he have the marker chronoed?
My minimag does shoot a little quiter than my classic, but not very much. At least not enough to make you say wow.
-Jeremiah

The barrel is an old AA one piece and I am using a freak of the same length. They both are around 285 fps.

ThePixelGuru
10-15-2007, 03:08 PM
The barrel can change the sound of a marker more than anything. My stock Minimag barrel makes my marker one of the loudest on the field, my J&J Ceramic makes it one of the quietest. Not sure if the Lvl10 makes a difference in sound, but it's possible since it's more of a gradual release and less of a pop than a Lvl7.

You're not comparing a single trigger 'mag to the Intelliframed one, are you? Simple leverage dictates that at the bottom of the trigger the double trigger will take far less force to move than the single. If that's not it, are you sure it's not a different on/off? There are some really minute on/off differences that can drastically change the feel of your trigger.

peteralexander78
10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
It has nothing to do with the barrel. It is all in the vavle or at least that is what makes the most sense. The trigger pull is really light and the difference in sound when shot is enough to say wow.
But then again this might be just his and a fluke. Just wanted to see if there was some one out there that had the same thing.

DaFin
10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
The level 10 is probably the reason. The smaller diameter of the shaft in the center of the bolt would have less pressure pressing it forward against the sear. If you put his valve in your marker you should experience the same trigger pull.

p8ntbal4me
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
My friend who has a minimag bought it from someone else, so he got his minimag with a very soft trigger pull and also it is very quiet compaired to mine. He has nothing but the stock am/mm on/off and intelli trigger frame. Stock minimag valve with the addition of a lvl 10. His mag shoots so much softer than mine. Just want to know if this is possible to dupicate or it just his the way his is. Has anyone had one of these mags that shoots quieter than normal?

Also both are shooting compressed air.

If you want to REALLY stand out,... track down an "Armson Pro-Series".
Not the "Stealth".

Its like an amplifier to your barrel noise,.. but in the loud direction!!! I LOVE THESE BARRELS!!!