PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen PGI magazine this month?

Pudgey51
10-15-2007, 01:56 PM
On page 62-63 of Paintball Games International for October 07 they have a nice little write up about automags and how they helped shaped the way paintball is played today. kinda nice to see it in a magazine again.

thought u all might enjoy it a bit, check it out

ThePixelGuru
10-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Cool, but sad that it's a history bit. :(

Josh2Xtremes
10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Josh, I wrote the piece Pudgy found. :) I'm glad someone noticed it, I hope everyone likes it. It's not necessarily "sad" that mags are a part of paintball's history. How much a part of the future they are depends solely on us; the loyal followers. that they're an extremely influential piece of paintball's history is something that I felt should be explored, related to those in the paintball public that don't know the history of the guns and company we love, and respected because without TK and his contributions to the sport and industry, it would be a VERY different place. :)
Josh

BigEvil
10-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. I will make sure I track down a copy.

Ninjeff
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Josh, I wrote the piece Pudgy found. :) I'm glad someone noticed it, I hope everyone likes it. It's not necessarily "sad" that mags are a part of paintball's history. How much a part of the future they are depends solely on us; the loyal followers. that they're an extremely influential piece of paintball's history is something that I felt should be explored, related to those in the paintball public that don't know the history of the guns and company we love, and respected because without TK and his contributions to the sport and industry, it would be a VERY different place. :)
Josh
:clap:

Pudgey51
10-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Josh, i thought the article was a great piece. and ur right mags rnt only in the history of paintball they still have a shot at the future. What saddens(sp?) me is the fact that if u go to my store's field and said the word automag or AGD people would look at u like u have 6 heads. Only a hand fiew of people would know what im talking about, and they r all old schoolers, the new kids have no idea. The word definitely needs to get out that mags r still around and are still great markers. In other words, thank u josh :hail:

Warwitch
10-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Josh

Hey huge thanks for keeping Mags fresh is everyones mind :cheers: Power to the people!

Paint-Fool
10-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Josh, i thought the article was a great piece. and ur right mags rnt only in the history of paintball they still have a shot at the future. What saddens(sp?) me is the fact that if u go to my store's field and said the word automag or AGD people would look at u like u have 6 heads. Only a hand fiew of people would know what im talking about, and they r all old schoolers, the new kids have no idea. The word definitely needs to get out that mags r still around and are still great markers. In other words, thank u josh :hail:
I know what you mean about mentioning mags. My local store is the same way. It would be nice to walk in and be able to buy mag related parts such as rebuild kits or whatever. It's also nice in a way to go there and not see any mags well I mean not see anyone using them. Like I'm the only one there that knows the quality of the gun and the things that TK has done for the sport. If that makes any sense lol Also I played a 24hr scenario last month which is not associated with the local store...thank god lol I saw two mags on the field. I've been going there for about 5 years now and I'm slowly seeing more mags so maybe a few more people are starting to realize how good mags are. :cheers:

Pudgey51
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
once in a blue moon will someone come in and talk mags with me, its kinda good and bad like u described paint-fool. on one hand its nice to be unique and have a good quality of the gun but on the other i can never find parts other than online. that may just be my store tho. its also cool to educate players on the mags and their awesomeness.

im doin a little 8 hour scenario in december at another field in CT and im hoping i see some mags out there.