PDA

View Full Version : highest output pressure tank?

stevewar
10-15-2007, 02:31 PM
So I recently upgrade my classic mag to an xvalve with a ULT kit. I currently have 5 shims installed in the ULT but the trigger pull is still has very little bounce, and it's fairly easy to short stroke. I have a couple of questions.

1. I noticed there are a couple of different types of sears out there now. Should I have upgraded my sear?

2. Is there anything about the stock classic rail / old (non-powerfeed) body that could be causing the issue

3. is it possible that my PE tank (I don't have an output pressure guage) doesn't put out enough pressure? If not, which tank would you recommend I use for maximum output pressure?

smilestyler
10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
If you want bounce, get rid of the ULT and get a flatline tank and crank er up. :argh:

MechMags
10-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Do you know what your tank output is? I have had some presets sold as 850psi but truth be told only put out 7 and difficult one that only put out 650.

It's something to consider... other threads suggest to really acheive the bounce to pump the input pressure to 900psi or more.

just a thought.

Badger1099
10-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I think Smile is right. Take out that ULT.

However, while Flatlines are great, I bought an iReg and added a shim to get an output of about 1100psi. It is up to you.

stevewar
10-17-2007, 01:00 PM
I just bought a centerfalg adjustable regulator (adjustable up to 1500 psi).

So why would I want to pull out the ULT when I updgrade the pressure? I thought the ULT was supposed to increase the trigger reactivity; please explain.

I'll try it at 1000 psi with and without the ult and see hwo it goes.

Thanks!

smilestyler
10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
The ULT will lighten the trigger pull, it will not increase reactivity of the trigger which is what it sounds like you want. IMO mags are way more fun without the ULT. Ask Tuna for an on/off pin that will give you lots of bounce.