PDA

View Full Version : ULT problems

stevewar
10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
The title of my other post didn't get much response so trying to make this more clear

So I recently upgrade my classic mag to an xvalve with a ULT kit. I currently have 5 shims installed in the ULT but the trigger pull is still has very little bounce, and it's fairly easy to short stroke. I have a couple of questions.

1. I noticed there are a couple of different types of sears out there now. Should I have upgraded my sear?

2. Is there anything about the stock classic rail / old (non-powerfeed) body that could be causing the issue

3. is it possible that my PE tank (I don't have an output pressure guage) doesn't put out enough pressure? If not, which tank would you recommend I use for maximum output pressure?

Spider-TW
10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
There is nothing good you can do to a sear for reactivity.

Body and feed don't matter much, but a fast loader is necessary for strings of more than about three shots reactive.

You need pressure AND flow. 850 psi can make it if your bottle reg can keep that pressure when it starts flowing. They all have to respond to the pressure drop, so that time lag has to be shorter than the time it takes for the mag reg to fill the valve body. Rather, the valve body has to be filled before the RT effect has dissipated. The issue is avoided by boosting the bottle reg output pressure so that it sags down to 800 or 850 psi from 900 or 1000 psi.

Crossfire HP tanks are noted to have good flow. There is a thread on here somewhere about shimming a reg for 900 psi; I think it was a PE.

Mechanic79
10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Get an adjustable tank. Nitro duck has a screw in adjustable.

PM Chem, she just set her RT ULE with ULT/Level X/X-valve, stock AGD dual hump trigger.
It's walkable, no chops. 800 psi I believe.

stevewar
10-16-2007, 02:30 AM
I just bought an adjustable output tank. will try it at 1000 psi and see if works better. :dance:

BigEvil
10-16-2007, 05:01 AM
You can put 6 shims into the ult IIRC.

Does the trigger you are using have trigger stops in it? Could be causing your short stroking issue.

You can make the trigger rod a little longer, it may help the short stroking.

Heavily oil the ult. If its been sitting around the orings may be binding a bit.

Anjin3515
10-16-2007, 07:13 AM
You can put 6 shims into the ult IIRC.

Does the trigger you are using have trigger stops in it? Could be causing your short stroking issue.

You can make the trigger rod a little longer, it may help the short stroking.

Heavily oil the ult. If its been sitting around the orings may be binding a bit.

not too sound too stupid....but to oil the ULT...you have tooo.....?????

Mechanic79
10-16-2007, 07:40 AM
not too sound too stupid....but to oil the ULT...you have tooo.....?????

Use some KC Trouble Free Synthetic oil.
8-10 drop in your X-valve with the gun degassed. Then gas it up and dry fire it with no barrel on until the "vapor" disappears.
OR
you could disassemble the X-valve and drop oil directly into the on/off and level X, but first cleaning the old oil off with a lintless cloth.

stevewar
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Use some KC Trouble Free Synthetic oil.
8-10 drop in your X-valve with the gun degassed. Then gas it up and dry fire it with no barrel on until the "vapor" disappears.
OR
you could disassemble the X-valve and drop oil directly into the on/off and level X, but first cleaning the old oil off with a lintless cloth.

I'll give this a try when my new tank shows up. Thanks for the advice guys.

I did check the stops on my trigger, and completely took them out until I get the ULT working nicely.

As far as extending the sear pin, I noticed it is threaded, but doesn't seem to turn easilly. Will it turn without breaking the pin?

Coralis
10-16-2007, 05:36 PM
its usually locktighted in with the red stuff .... its best not to mess with it unless you know what you are doing.

hmmm post number 666 :mad: muh ha ha