PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma SPPL Finals

Skiddz
10-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Well i thought i would just like to let you guys all know that i was one of TWO!!!! guys running the mags at this years sppl finals.

Both of us ran tac-ones and my team (Great Lakes Rangers) held up agaisnt some tough competion

The games were cool to be part of.

Smart Corps beat Cruel in the finals to win and forest demons beat out GTF All Stars to take third.

My team placed around 11th but that was because we had gtf and cruel in our brackets so it was hard to get out of.

Just thought i would keep the spirit of the AGD fueled and let you all know i ran with my first mag in a real game test and she held up REAL well with those egos.

Lomarandil
10-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Woot! Go Skiddz! Glad to see AO repped at the finals.. and heard you guys from GLR had a great time out there (and I feel your pain about having Cruel in your bracket.. that was an hourlong nightmare for us at the qual)..

funny how people underrate sometimes (even in SPPL) when you aren't running an electro.. I actually played VSC.. but that didn't keep me from my fair share of flags and gog shots :D ...

Lo

Skiddz
10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I was actually on the lookout for you there. We had GTF and Cruel in our bracket so thats most of the reason why we didn't make it out and into the finals.

To top it off, Smart Corps was in our quallifier and they were the only team who beat us there too.

viper-mayhem
10-16-2007, 02:07 PM
I saw the vid last year of prize money awarded for the winners. Was it actually a $15,000 check?

Lomarandil
10-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I was actually on the lookout for you there. We had GTF and Cruel in our bracket so thats most of the reason why we didn't make it out and into the finals.

To top it off, Smart Corps was in our quallifier and they were the only team who beat us there too.

Yup, I wanted to make it down to ref.. but didn't work out in the end... dang transportation issues...

Oh well.. one of these years we'll actually qualify.. one of these years..

Lo

Skiddz
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I dunno, but all they did is have some prizes on the table for what they said they would get. The prizes to me seemed real skimmpy this year because last year at qualifier anyone who got 3rd and above won stuff. This year we got second and got 20 grenades, 250 dollar gift certificate for SO and 5 cases of fireball drink. Last year we got 15 tippmann hats, sweatshirts, shirts, 200 dollars to SO and 20 grenades and we took third....

Lomarandil
10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
LOL.. I was so depressed in Utah.. half the reason I do SPPL is for the fireball, and only winning teams got it? What's up with that? Schloob, I demand Fireball, even if we don't win! :D

Lo

mclaggan123
10-16-2007, 06:43 PM
skiddz im on gtf allstars and i think i talked to you about yout tac-1. the back of my jersey said POSTHO. it was fun. the prizes were skimmpy compaired to last year. i tore some ligaments in my ankle on the rocks there. we didnt do too bad for a team thats only been playing together for 5 months. you guys did great too considering how many teams there were in the sppl this year. we hope to see you guys there next year. there was another team that had 3 tacs on there team. i went around and counted 6 mags for this weekend. not bad since everyone else (including me and my team) all used electros. i wish i had the chance to have my emag tuned before this. well thanks for supporting AO and the rest of us.

Skiddz
10-16-2007, 10:27 PM
hey man thanks alot for your information. Yeah that was me talking to you about my mag. I like to hear that there is a lot of mags still running around. I think most of the reason would have to be because of special ops because they kinda do spin offs of many different guns.

And actually you might be jellous of me but..... i live an hour from the hell survivors field and i can just get fireball drink anytime i want. hahahahha!

Pudgey51
10-16-2007, 11:42 PM
r these fireball drinks all they r cracked up to be? kuz if they r ill play in the SPPL just for them :cheers: :tard: just kiddin y'all i am interested in playing in the SPPL tho, any teams in the Northeast reading here?