PDA

View Full Version : So Bill Gardner from SP signed onto PBN, and I asked...

OneUp
10-16-2007, 10:40 PM
How was that Smart Parts Magic Box ever supposed to work? (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=40788887#post40788887)

I dunno if this is thread worthy. I just thought someone would find it funny.

OneUp
10-16-2007, 10:46 PM
He responds!!! GOGOgogogogo!!!!

OneUp
10-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Obviously, you do not know how a regulator works. Automags that went liquid shot hot with or without a magic box, and the added area of the magic box did not add to the problem in fact the lower operating pressure reduced the problem. You know the two major factors affecting the CO2 state change Pressure and Temperature.

regarding the magic box letting you shoot hot.

warbeak2099
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Omg this is such a blast. He's on right now.

Zone Drifter
10-16-2007, 11:00 PM
No comment, I'm just sitting back and watching the fireworks. :rolleyes:

mr doo doo
10-16-2007, 11:10 PM
oh.. its a fight!

warbeak2099
10-16-2007, 11:11 PM
If you don't have a pbn account this is reason to get one. Join in on the fun?

Glickman
10-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Heres my post :rolleyes:

You know, even i had never heard of any of the poor business dealings you had done with SP, i would still say you don't seem to be a ethical, tasteful business man.

Your posts are either extremely smug/condescending to your consumers (why does that not seem smart) on the largest online community of paintballers. And when given real, solid questions, you refuse to answer, or twist the answer without really answering it (the black box for example).

Nearly EVERY reply of yours has consisted of either "Obviously you don't understand" or Some kind of VERY sarcastic remark.

How would you NOT expect a consumer to be completely put off from buying your products when you are trying to put them down?

I am not berating you, I'm just expressing how one of your established consumers (going on 9 years) has no desire to invest in your products seeing that this is how you do business...

seriously, he needs to take a few lessons for Kaye on how to deal with customers...

RogueFactor
10-16-2007, 11:53 PM
seriously, he needs to take a few lessons for Kaye on how to deal with customers...

Interesting. Youre an established and supporting Smart Parts consumer, for 9 years. Theyve always been this way. Considering where Smart Parts is, and where AGD is...you think Smart Parts should take lessons from Kaye?

OneUp
10-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Interesting. Youre an established and supporting Smart Parts consumer, for 9 years. Theyve always been this way. Considering where Smart Parts is, and where AGD is...you think Smart Parts should take lessons from Kaye?

he certainly does not sound like a likable person if you ask me.

Glickman
10-17-2007, 12:09 AM
.you think Smart Parts should take lessons from Kaye?

please re-read my caption.

lessons on how to deal with customers

quite specific. but yes i do think he needs to learn a thing or two.

and yes, i still purchased SP products after they went on their copyrighting "rage." i support the American business competition. What i do NOT support is leaders of companies disrespecting their customers.

heres a PERFECT example, he just posted.

The magic box was support by our warranty, and we had agreements with Tom Kay. Just because you have been around for a long time does not mean you know anything. If we beat up on you in some tournament, I am sorry.

i swear, this better be some 15 year old kid that hacked his account.

warbeak2099
10-17-2007, 12:24 AM
i swear, this better be some 15 year old kid that hacked his account.

It's honestly not.

splat15k
10-17-2007, 12:33 AM
I'd love to hear what Tom has to say about all of this... :ninja:

hmudd13
10-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I am lurking over there watching this. I am repulsed, yet, strangely, I still can't turn away! LOL

Maybe Gardner is right. maybe they DID invent everything. :rofl:

RogueFactor
10-17-2007, 12:35 AM
please re-read my caption.

lessons on how to deal with customers

I didnt miss the caption the first time I read it. I guess what I mean is...this treatment isnt new. I guess just the first time youve experienced it. Regardless, considering their position in the industry, Im surprised you suggest they take pointers from a person or company who is currently less successful than they are.

and yes, i still purchased SP products after they went on their copyrighting "rage." i support the American business competition. What i do NOT support is leaders of companies disrespecting their customers..

Interesting. I too support the American business competition. SP's methods of business, IMO, go against the very fundamentals of American business competition. Thats why its always surprised me that anyone would support them.

OneUp
10-17-2007, 12:39 AM
I need TK with his dual sydearms in-game pic QUICK!

sneakyrob828
10-17-2007, 12:41 AM
I have it some where it was in an APG about DDAY.

we need to get Tom over in that thread. Tom + Doc = autowin. This thread has made my day.

sneakyrob828
10-17-2007, 12:42 AM
http://www.tomkaye.com/images/DDAY2003_lrg.jpg

go go go

Anjin3515
10-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by BGardner View Post
"Tom Kay was wrong. As much as I liked him, he is not making paintball equipment anymore. He never loved to play the game. It was more of a business than a passion. He has found his passion now, and I bet he is alot happier."

Interesting......

OneUp
10-17-2007, 12:49 AM
http://www.tomkaye.com/images/DDAY2003_lrg.jpg

go go go

Done

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=40792223&#post40792223

Also saved because of general badassery :shooting:

sneakyrob828
10-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Are you sure TK was an engineer? Many qualified engineers make mistakes with empirical testing and draw the wrong conclusion because they rely on the wrong set of variables. It happens all the time.

that SOB

MedicDVG
10-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Unbelieveable... I bet his lawyers have a stroke tomorrow when they hear about this...

warbeak2099
10-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Well, Bill ducked out. I'm going to bed since I have to meet with my LT tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to check out the thread tomorrow.

MedicDVG
10-17-2007, 01:00 AM
He completely ducked Doc's post disproving his assertions...

dang facts getting in the way of marketing..

I still have this inkling in the back of my mind that this is a huge hoax.... I can't see what he hoped to gain over this catharsis of his...

warbeak2099
10-17-2007, 01:06 AM
He completely ducked Doc's post disproving his assertions...

dang facts getting in the way of marketing..

I still have this inkling in the back of my mind that this is a huge hoax.... I can't see what he hoped to gain over this catharsis of his...

A Pbn mod pmed me stating that they had tracked his IP. It was really him. No joke at all.

behemoth
10-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah, so like i said on PBN.

Billy didnt answer a single question clearly
He then claimed dyslexia

And for the head of one of paintball's largest companies to be posting like that til 2am, i'm gonna call shens on Dyslexia, and go with the "Vodka"

- It was truly epic. He really got ripped apart. I can see him printing it all off, and taking it to his engineers tomorrow -- "Hey, they're not right, are they??"

MedicDVG
10-17-2007, 01:12 AM
wow...

he had nothing to gain by doing this...

See kids, that is why you shouldn't drink and post!

sneakyrob828
10-17-2007, 01:16 AM
best thread on the nation hands down. glad i could see it develop and watch as everyone took their shot at him. i only wish Tom coulda got in a few swings. But Doc got him pretty good.

MedicDVG
10-17-2007, 01:25 AM
best thread on the nation hands down. glad i could see it develop and watch as everyone took their shot at him. i only wish Tom coulda got in a few swings. But Doc got him pretty good.
I agree... fascinating debate...

Lomarandil
10-17-2007, 02:06 AM
This is being archived, right?
I'd hate to see a thread of this magnitude simply "disappear"...

Lo

[NA]WARLORD
10-17-2007, 02:18 AM
The magic box was support by our warranty, and we had agreements with Tom Kay. Just because you have been around for a long time does not mean you know anything. If we beat up on you in some tournament, I am sorry.

Yeah, that was directed at me when I questioned him on this, about the Magic Box:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9513/spboxdtl2ah7.jpg

Since the terms of service on the airgun.com website said that the 8 hole mod voided the AGD warranty.

The second part should have had this response:

Just because you havent sued anyone with your new patent, doesnt mean you wont either.

Lastly, we never got beat by them as we never played them as we were in the Amature division and they were in the Pro division, but that was his come back to me and a few others watching Adam wipe at the D.C.Cup in 93.

Whee McGee
10-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Tom posted. Please tell me people are seeing this.

This is the greatest thread I have ever seen.

PumpMag
10-17-2007, 02:42 AM
Gosh. It's been like forever since I looked at that forum. Thanks for the great read!

BigEvil
10-17-2007, 04:13 AM
Omg !

secretweaponevan
10-17-2007, 06:58 AM
I suspect we are about to see some big changes regarding paintball patents in the near future.

doc_Zox (MCB and Tinker's guild(not Doc Nickel)) has gotten in contact with Mr. John Ricci, the patent agent in charge of paintball patents and is compiling data/evidence as to how the Gardner's are "conducting business". Mr. Ricci appears to be concerned at these "abuses".

This is going to be big.

I just hope that SP's patent insurance carrier drops them so that innovation and invention can come back to paintball in a big way.

Either way, Gardner only fueled the fire with his posts and SP is, I suspect, about to incur some hefty legal bills in preparation for a defense.

Dark Side
10-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I've gone about 5 pages and damn am I impressed. It only took a 2 year mech school to come up with all of SP's uselesss crap.