PDA

View Full Version : how to get R/T or bounce effect for a

FOG
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Classic mag , all stock with a single trigger , is it just putting in a x valve and putting 900 plus psi into the valve, or is there more to it ? Thanks

Mongoose
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
any rt valve will do...
x-valve is just lighter

FOG
10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
and is that all ? no trigger change or anything? and THANK YOU for the reply.

snoopay700
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
It can be done with a single trigger, it's just harder. If you get in intelliframe it should be easier.

phizz
10-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I thought the X valve was a bit harder to get the counce off of for some reason... Not sure why I think this.

Don't get the ULT

snoopay700
10-18-2007, 12:32 AM
I thought the X valve was a bit harder to get the counce off of for some reason... Not sure why I think this.

Don't get the ULT
An x-valve is the same as my classic rt valve in function (the x-valve is lighter and the on/off is milled differently so it can accept the ult). Now from what i've heard the ULT makes it harder to bounce, unless you pack it full of shims.

FOG
10-18-2007, 12:17 PM
OK , X valve and a crossfire tank w/ a good adj. reg goes on my xmas list, and then on my mag,

Thanks evryone, and any other advise you have is welcome and appreciated!

warbeak2099
10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
OK , X valve and a crossfire tank w/ a good adj. reg goes on my xmas list, and then on my mag,

Thanks evryone, and any other advise you have is welcome and appreciated!

Any variant of the RT valve will work:

RT Pro
Retro
Emag
X
Micro RT
Micro E 2000
Emag Xtreme
etc.

Also, a double trigger will allow more leverage and easier sweet-spotting.

FOG
10-18-2007, 02:04 PM
WARBREAK,that was a concern w/ my single trigger, (the sweet spot that is)
hmmm maybe i,ll wait on the double trigger an see how hard it is to swwet spot w/ the single

magmonkey
10-18-2007, 02:22 PM
it is harder to get an x valve to bounce. I belive agd changed the on/off pin length specificly to get rid of the potential for bouncing

FOG
10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
HMMMMMM opinions on MAGS post please.
( x valves are harder to get to bounce ? )

mostpeople
10-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Dont think so...

X-valve broken in with ULT and a garaunteed 850 psi input and there is no trouble for either me or nu_metal

(you saw us riding our ULT's at OCP right?)

FOG
10-18-2007, 04:53 PM
MOST ,yep i sure did

I keep hearing that a ult isnt as good for Bounce as a none ult.
I did find that i have a ans venturi bolt. Doing a lil research on it peeps either like or hate it

Opinions ???

Danterwhoo
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
MOST ,yep i sure did

I did find that i have a ans venturi bolt. Doing a lil research on it peeps either like or hate it

Opinions ???

Well I can't get my normal ON/OFF to bounce at all with the X valve, I just can't get it to go. But the ULT bounces like crazy!! But everyone says that the regular ON/OFF bounces better but I can't bounce it once (and thats with a 1025 psi tank).

maniacmechanic
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Opinion's ; everybody has one & thier just about all different
From what I learned when I met you at OCP this will work for you & be easier on the pocket ; R/T Pro valve , level X , & a intelliframe . Shop around Christmas is a long way off , mabey wait till after when folk's have to pay them Christmas bills and are sellin off stuff they been hoarding
As others have said the valves are nearly the same , most of the R/T effect comes from tuning & pressure , a 2 finger trigger is easier to rt than a single (IMHO)
I've got a R/T Pro valve with a r/t on/off that rips , I've got 2 X's that rip with ULT's in them but a diff # of shims , both my E-Mag valves go good on the mech side with the battery off

PBChappy
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
logic vert frame, x valve with stock on/off. key to getting nasty rt effect - ADG 4500 flatline with 1150-1200psi to the valve, i can out shoot my vlocity with this setup

snoopay700
10-19-2007, 08:09 PM
MOST ,yep i sure did

Opinions ???
I had one, it broke balls pretty frequently, the level 10 is so much better, haven't broken paint with it once as i recall. The ans is just a bunch of hype.

FOG
10-20-2007, 08:17 AM
PBCAPPY, thanks bud thats ABOUT the BEST advise ive had.

Snoopay thnks thats the ONLY response i got on that question

Im going to go w/x so im good ta go then

phatty123
10-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Retro valve, RT pro Valve, emag valve, x valve, all will bounce with high imput pressure coming from the HPA tanks regulator. 900-1100 or so. The more pressure the more bounce. I ult with to many shims with runaway rapid fire, not really bounce.

-out

BigEvil
10-20-2007, 08:33 AM
PBCAPPY, thanks bud thats ABOUT the BEST advise ive had.

Snoopay thnks thats the ONLY response i got on that question

Im going to go w/x so im good ta go then

Like I was trying to explain at MCB - You can also get a really good RT effect with less than 1000 psi if you use shorter on/off pins.

The problem with running insanely high input pressure into the gun, is that once the tank drops below that input number, you loose the RT. Plus, if you are running 1200 psi in, then you are loosing almost 1/3 of the useful capacity of the tank.

punkncat
10-20-2007, 08:46 AM
I am getting a good RT effect from my ULT. I have found problems when using too many shims with the sear not resetting. It goes WAAAY fast and then stops shooting. I backed off just a touch and get a great effect around 9-1100 PSI. I am using a Centerflag 301 68/3000 that I picked up cheap and only had to hydro the tank. Too bad that it runs through air every round and cannot be usefully used outside a speedball environment. I have to turn it down to use for woodsball or I spend all my time walking for air.

By the way I use a double trigger and think its a required part of the equation.

FOG
10-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks evryone !

Anyone else have input on this ?????????

Skiddz
10-20-2007, 10:37 AM
well i get very minimal bounce if i find the sweet spot on my tac-one and thats running at 850 pressure output. I think most of the bounce comes from the output tank pressure your using.