PDA

View Full Version : remove and install a new regulator

jbg00d
10-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Here's what I've got...I'm installing a new dynaflow reg a new tank that has a reg on it now. Now I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but I don't know if it's a straight forward deal or if its a good idea that I do this procedure my self. has anyone here done this before? Thanks.

Brian

AirAssault
10-18-2007, 05:56 AM
If there is no air, no chance of being killed or killing anyone. Make sure the tank is 100% empty and DIY. :headbang:

As far as it killing you or any one else after you have it on, you should PMCS your gear each time you take it out.

my automag
10-18-2007, 09:48 AM
EMPTY TANK EMPTY TANK EMPTY TANK EMPTY TANK EMPTY TANK EMPTY TANK
go for it with greate disgression, first make sure u dont clamp your gear to tight you might warp the internals of the reg or even egg the tank and crack it, rarely done if causios.

also letting you know it might be very hard if its an orriginal you r removing, i think they use some tread lock on them, why u can damage your stuff, when retightening the vice for extra grip.

clean the tank treads good with a needle or dental pick of some kinda tool, and make sure the stuff dont go into your tank, double check before reinstallation of new one.

ok so now u can either put it in as is, but u gotta make sure its ALL the way in, and very tight almost like taking off.
or u can put 1 or 2 drops of blue lock tite on the top of the treads equally opposite of each other, make sure u dont plug the emergancy safety vent hole, if it has one, ithink it should near the end, the top of the tread.
let it dry a bit and your good, as long as you keep a good eye on it.

AND IF U LEND IT OUT OR SELL IT INFORM THE PERSON OF THIS INSTALLATION, AND PERCAUSION.

SAFETY FIRST

i did two tanks of mine, only problem was i scratched the first one up a bit, still good.
and overall the worst that happened, is that now 4 years later of full use, they r expired and i cant use them until rehydoed.
GOOD LUCK u can do it (but probbably shouldin't since u r not quallified) but its possible

thank you

jbg00d
10-19-2007, 01:04 AM
thanks for the info guys. I think I'm just going to send it to centerflag and have it done.
That way I'll have a peace of mine in knowing its safe.

thanks again.
Brian

go for it with greate disgression, first make sure u dont clamp your gear to tight you might warp the internals of the reg or even egg the tank and crack it, rarely done if causios.

also letting you know it might be very hard if its an orriginal you r removing, i think they use some tread lock on them, why u can damage your stuff, when retightening the vice for extra grip.

clean the tank treads good with a needle or dental pick of some kinda tool, and make sure the stuff dont go into your tank, double check before reinstallation of new one.

ok so now u can either put it in as is, but u gotta make sure its ALL the way in, and very tight almost like taking off.
or u can put 1 or 2 drops of blue lock tite on the top of the treads equally opposite of each other, make sure u dont plug the emergancy safety vent hole, if it has one, ithink it should near the end, the top of the tread.
let it dry a bit and your good, as long as you keep a good eye on it.

AND IF U LEND IT OUT OR SELL IT INFORM THE PERSON OF THIS INSTALLATION, AND PERCAUSION.

SAFETY FIRST

i did two tanks of mine, only problem was i scratched the first one up a bit, still good.
and overall the worst that happened, is that now 4 years later of full use, they r expired and i cant use them until rehydoed.
GOOD LUCK u can do it (but probbably shouldin't since u r not quallified) but its possible

thank you

AirAssault
10-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Man, a lot of spazy people here. Do what you feel you need to do but if you can unscrew a screw in tank, you can change your reg. It is not rocket science and sending it off in no way makes it any more safe than if you do it. Emptry, unscrew, screw, done. ;)

jbg00d
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Have you done it? cause that's what i was thinking, but not sure. you know. whats interesting is the other guys were very addiment about emptying the tank before unscrewing it which I found kind of funny simply because who in their right mind would do such a thing as unscrewing a reg off a tank under pressure? that would take some serious brains, but i guess someones dune it...

Man, a lot of spazy people here. Do what you feel you need to do but if you can unscrew a screw in tank, you can change your reg. It is not rocket science and sending it off in no way makes it any more safe than if you do it. Emptry, unscrew, screw, done. ;)