PDA

View Full Version : ACE wiring

RangerX
10-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok well when I got my X-mag I tore it all down to clean it up and get a general Idea of what I was working with and how it came apart.

Now I have 3 sets of electronic lowers. 2 with the provisions for ACE boards (x-mags?)and one without (E-mag I'm assuming)

the set that came with my X-mag contained the ACE board. Since I like the beta 1.8 software better I swapped the lowers.

Then I got down to looking at how the ACE board was attached and what I would need to do to remove it from the original frame and move it to the current one. So I looked through the x-mag manual and what information I could find and from the manual It looks like 2 wires should be in one of the white clips where the tourney lock would be.

As of writing this I cannot find that manual.

This is what mine looks like. The orange wire looks to be in the correct place but then the yellow wire is not in the connector, but is instead soldered directly into the board? This would make it rather difficult to swap easily. Is this a mod the previous owner(s) did?
http://members.shaw.ca/chris.hung/Mags/ACE.jpg

I've also been toying with the idea of quick connectors from the batter power to the ACE board so if a board does die there wont be any cutting of wires

Thanks
Chris

UThomas
10-18-2007, 10:15 PM
I have a thread I started a few months ago with lots of details on the ACE wiring - that should be helpful for you.

RangerX
10-18-2007, 10:25 PM
helped a little, doesn't really answer my question of whether the yellow wire is supposed to be soldered to the board or should it be with the orange wire in the bottom harness

VeeWee
10-19-2007, 02:51 AM
Where does the +5vdc to the ACE sensor and the signal from the ACE sensor go on the mainboard, is that your question? If so I have the same question.

UThomas
10-19-2007, 07:07 AM
My thread has that info from KayleAGD. The 5v is soldered to the main board in the 5th hole down. The signal (and ground on a euro wiring harness) go in the jumper as you have setup.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215691

RangerX
10-19-2007, 06:15 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/chris.hung/Mags/wiring.gif

No my question is why In this picture do the orange and yellow wire go to the 5-pin connector on the PCB and in my xmag the yellow wire is soldered directly to the board?

Maybe I'll Just poke around with my DMM till I find what I need

RangerX
10-19-2007, 07:24 PM
well I poked around my board a bit the yellow wire from the ace board 5v pin always has 5v on it, which would be correct. Measuring the signal voltage from the PCB to ground it goes from 3.2volts with nothing infront of the eye to 4.8 with a paintball infront of the eye. Now Im assuming that the eye is working from these readings

I also have 5v on the top pin of the 5pin connector. I'm gonna de-solder the 5v wire from my board and install into the 5 pin connector so its more easily removable

RangerX
10-20-2007, 01:47 PM
well I think the eye no workey I get voltage on the signal wire and it voltage goes up and down whether or not theres a PB infront of the eye.

I tried the digital photo of the eye thing and I see no IR light, and it still fires whether or not the ace is on and theres nothing in the breech