PDA

View Full Version : first broken mag part

dstud2000
10-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Well after having my mag since august it has broken it's first part. The kila ball detent broke. Not a major problem except I was shooting 2 balls at once. Well the field I was playing at didn't have any angel threaded detents so I ended up finding the spring for my broken one, then rolling a piece of duct tape into a ball and smushing it into the detent. It worked the rest of the day like that. Not exactly the classiest thing to do I guess but hey atleast I was able to finish out the day :D

MANN
10-21-2007, 03:16 PM
killa detents are magnetic not spring

dstud2000
10-21-2007, 04:51 PM
this had a spring behind it, I can take it out and show a pic if need be. It is the stock detent that came with my RT ULE.

MANN
10-21-2007, 05:17 PM
this had a spring behind it, I can take it out and show a pic if need be. It is the stock detent that came with my RT ULE.

those are not killa. Good detents, but not killa ones.

dstud2000
10-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Maybe I miss read what is on the agd store website.

Product Options
Quantity :
Quantity Discounts Available, Click for Info
Select an X-Valve : Black
Select a Mainbody : ULE CF Black (+$10.00) ULE CF Green (+$20.00) ULE CF Nickel (+$20.00) ULE CF Purple (+$20.00) ULE CF Pewter (+$20.00) ULE WL Blue (+$20.00) ULE WL Ice (+$20.00) ULE WL Nickel (+$20.00) ULE WL Pewter (+$20.00) ULE WL Red (+$20.00) No-Rise CF MB (No Barrel Available) (+$25.00) ULE WR Blue (+$20.00) ULE WR Red (+$20.00) Polished Steel HL Polished Steel HR Polished Steel CF (No Barrel Available) Polished Steel WL Black Steel HL Black Steel HR Black Steel CF (No Barrel Available) Black Steel WL Minimag HL Blast Minimag HL Polished Minimag WR Black
Select a Gripframe : Intelliframe Blade Flat Black Intelliframe Blade Nickel Intelliframe Double Trigger Flat Black Intelliframe Double Trigger Nickel Y-Grip Flat Black (+$11.00) Y-Grip Bright Black (+$11.00) Y-Grip Nickel (+$11.00)
Trigger/Valve - On/Off Type : Select--> On/Off Assy -RT/Retro (.750 Pin) - Stock Assy ULE Trigger Pull Kit/Installed (+$12.00)
Select a Barrel : Select--> ULE Barrel (ULE MB) (+$29.00) Twist Lock Barrel (Steel MB) (+$53.00) No Barrel
Detent (Kila-ULE bodies ONLY) : Select--> Stock Detent (no charge)
Delivery Signature : Signature on Delivery (+$2.50) Waive Signature (at own risk)
Freight Insurance : Domestic Insurance (+$2.50) Canada (+$3.00) APO/FPO/Guam etc. (+$4.00)
Warp Feed : Select--> Clear (+$99.00) Smoke (+$105.00) Blue (+$105.00) Red (+$105.00) Green (+$105.00) Purple (+$105.00)

LinearGoose
10-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Well I can tell you there not Kila detents. Kilas are magnetic as stated above. I dont think you selected them. Think you kept the stock ones which are regular Angel detents and im not sure you can consider it as something that broke because detents always get blown out or worn down, its life. Also dont believe me there not Kila why not have a look at there description:

Kila Products Magnetic Ball Detents are available in red, black, blue, and silver. These detents feature the following:

Less ball breaks
Adjustable force by adding or subtracting magnets
Springless design - No springs to rust, bind, or corrode
Blow-out proof piston - can't be blown out of detent body like normal ball versions
Rebuildable - Removable cap for cleaning, replacing parts, and adjusting force
Quick force return - Piston builds up return speed as it is pushed back closer towards the
cap

Taken from LuisV Dealer thread
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188004

magmonkey
10-22-2007, 06:01 AM
those are factory AGDETENTS they work well, but I have had a couple do the same thing, the press is not heavy enough on the front of them or something

Foxworthy
10-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Maybe I miss read what is on the agd store website.

Detent (Kila-ULE bodies ONLY) : Select--> Stock Detent (no charge)

What that line is telling you is first to select a detent for your marker and that Kila detents are only for the ULE body. Then in what would be the select box to choose between the Kila detents or the regular detents your choice was the stock detents not the kila detents. Which seems like it was your only options cause I think they don't have anymore Kila detents.

dstud2000
10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I was trying to say I misread that.....obviously since it had the spring it is not a kila. I guess I misworded it. You are right detents do go.....it is a wear part and eventually it does. I am not mad it went, just thought it was a milestone since this is my first mag. I did order a Kila detent to replace this stock one with.

So much negative vibs in this thread :nono: Sorry if I stepped on anyone toes :cry: