PDA

View Full Version : Well, USPS did it again..........

Freebird
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I didn't know where else to put this so here it is.

I shipped my recently sold Orracle E cocker out on october 10th, the recipiant still hasent recieved it. I shipped priority mail which should be 3-5 days not 12. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this. Im going to have to give the guy his 130$ back. But id like to find out if i can get either the gun back or somthin. There is a return adress on it but i didnt do delivery conf, or insuance.

any help will be greatly apreciated.

Andrewliu6294
10-22-2007, 03:29 PM
im sorry to say this, but without delivery conf. or insurance, there isnt really anything you can do but wait,

I also purchase delivery confirmation for any shipment worth over $20, .65 is a price i'd be willing to pay to ensure that the product arrives.

SN toter
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
You may be S.O.L. man. ALWAYS get deilvery confirmation, well worth the $0.45 or whatever it costs. I'd go into a USPS branch and see what they suggest.

Freebird
10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
yea i know i should have gotten delivery conf, but i ship USPS every day for wok W/O it and have never had a problem. Just so happens that its the package that was mine that got lost or whatever. im goin to the local PO tomoro and see what they say, i still have the receipt and everything so ill see what they say.

Spider-TW
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
I always see images of Jim Carey in the opening scene of Ace Ventura when I have a package missing. :(

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
dang..... always get confermation no matter how trusted the person is... it saves you in tmes like these.... sorry to here that.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tN94ePhsd4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tN94ePhsd4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Freebird
10-22-2007, 04:07 PM
haha well that video makes me feel alot better, atlease the person got the package hahaha

Spider-TW
10-22-2007, 04:08 PM
That's my package...

robnix
10-22-2007, 04:10 PM

I shipped my recently sold Orracle E cocker out on october 10th, the recipiant still hasent recieved it. I shipped priority mail which should be 3-5 days not 12. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this. Im going to have to give the guy his 130$ back. But id like to find out if i can get either the gun back or somthin. There is a return adress on it but i didnt do delivery conf, or insuance.

FWIW, next time buy your USPS Priority label online, the cost is the same and delivery Confirmation is free if you do it that way.

Ruler_Mark
10-22-2007, 04:27 PM

You got scammed son,, the kid saw no delievery confirmation and claims he never got it, you have no proof so your SOL

RogueFactor
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
yea i know i should have gotten delivery conf, but i ship USPS every day for wok W/O it and have never had a problem.

There is a first for everything. At least now you know, and it only might cost $130. Lets hope that it just shows up later. Either way, you wont be able to use this reason again not to get DC or insurance.

Just so happens that its the package that was mine that got lost or whatever. im goin to the local PO tomoro and see what they say, i still have the receipt and everything so ill see what they say.

I learned the hard way myself. Sent a package, it showed up late, and damaged inside a baggy that said "We are really sorry, blah blah blah". I spoke to the carrier, the desk clerk at the office, even the Manager. They all told me the same thing...without insurance you are SOL.

The only way I dont send it with DC or Insurance is if I intend to cover the item out of my own pocket if it gets lost/stolen/damaged. Or, if the customer is absolutely insistent on not paying for DC/Insurance. If they dont want to pay for DC/Insurance, I only take Money Order. That way there is no recourse for their decision. Had they paint by PayPal, they could file a claim with PayPal even though they denied the DC/Insurance.

It sucks you had to learn this one the hard way.

wetwrks
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
UPS gives you the first $100.00 in insurance automatically.

Don't send anything without insurance that you arn't willing to cover with your own cash.

reflective
10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I would suggest going with UPS or FedEx when possible. Though I find personally FedEx is a bit more reliable. Same was will UPS the first $100 coverage is free and ground generally doesn't take any longer than 5 days from east to west coast.
If it can't be sent with a single stamp from my mailbox..... I don't trust the USPS to get anything anywhere safely or on time.
Sorry to hear about your trouble..... Hope you can get it resolved. The best thing you can do is start by contacting the postmaster at the location you shipped it from and hope things go well from there.

OneUp
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
You got scammed son,, the kid saw no delievery confirmation and claims he never got it, you have no proof so your SOL
I would have to agree. USPS never failed me.

but I always use confirmation.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
10-22-2007, 05:55 PM

if it was on the kiddie-naton then thats what happen more than likley..

Freebird
10-22-2007, 08:24 PM
i know,
either way im screwd. either the thing is lost running REALLY late, damaged or on its way back to me. or the kid scammed me. The guy has great feedback on here and PBnation. Yea he coulda screwd me. If he did, thats really low. I sold him that thing at a STEAL. Yea he could done that to me and its really dirty and yea its 100% my stupidity. I really hope he didnt though.

im screwed either way so i guess it dosent matter

ill be having a parts sale to make up for this cash :cry:

but, this wont stop me from online trading :headbang:

if anyone has any other advice itd greatly be apreciated

PS spider TW thats not really your package is it, i sold it on pbn to a guy with a different name, if its you PM me.

mr doo doo
10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
so sorry to hear about that Freebird. i hope you can get it resolved soon.

Ruler_Mark
10-22-2007, 11:08 PM
i know,
either way im screwd. either the thing is lost running REALLY late, damaged or on its way back to me. or the kid scammed me. The guy has great feedback on here and PBnation. Yea he coulda screwd me. If he did, thats really low. I sold him that thing at a STEAL. Yea he could done that to me and its really dirty and yea its 100% my stupidity. I really hope he didnt though.

im screwed either way so i guess it dosent matter

ill be having a parts sale to make up for this cash :cry:

but, this wont stop me from online trading :headbang:

if anyone has any other advice itd greatly be apreciated

PS spider TW thats not really your package is it, i sold it on pbn to a guy with a different name, if its you PM me.

Well got pics of said gun? what state did you ship it for so we can keep a look out for this kid and your gun.

PumpMag
10-23-2007, 01:34 AM
That Jim Carrey video was hilarious but echoes reality. I've seen expensive items look like the box was used as a football.

FEDEX will get it there really fast on time, but usually damaged. They are all about speed and don't care about what is inside no matter how many fragile stickers you label it with!

UPS can be cheaper to send by Ground which might be slower but includes free insurance up to $100.

USPS is the most affordable way, and usually safe if you use insurance and DC.

For whatever option you use, make sure you pack the paintball equipment well with plenty of cushioning and secure the outside with quality packing tape.

magmonkey
10-23-2007, 05:54 AM
just a little side note, I am on a terror watch list for shipping markers through the usps.
apperently US postal code supercedes state laws, and they say a paintball gun is a firearm
I got that straight fro the mouth of a federal postal inspector.I had a costomers marker tied up at my home town post office for three weeks after its box "fell" open and they discovered the "firearm"

Spider-TW
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
No, jk about the Ace Ventura vid. I'm glad Bread put it up for us. It cut out running the box down the fence railing and the cartwheel, but it's still good.

Sorry about your package. Most of my losses have been from UPS leaving deliveries on my front porch. People follow the UPS truck around sometimes and pickup the deliveries left outside. :argh:

Freebird
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
just a little side note, I am on a terror watch list for shipping markers through the usps.
apperently US postal code supercedes state laws, and they say a paintball gun is a firearm
I got that straight fro the mouth of a federal postal inspector.I had a costomers marker tied up at my home town post office for three weeks after its box "fell" open and they discovered the "firearm"
Well this could then be the case.
Im going to the post office today and see whats up.

Ive shipped paintball markers in the past, maybe this time they found it.

BigTrucker
10-23-2007, 07:49 PM
UPS gives you the first $100.00 in insurance automatically.

Don't send anything without insurance that you arn't willing to cover with your own cash.
Next time just ship UPS or FedEx and this way you can track it every step of the way. Yea, it will coast you $15 but it worth it.

Freebird
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
well, im making progress
ive filed a claim with USPS
"threatning to call the attorney general gets you a supervisor REAL quick"
They gave me a confirmation number and a claims number and said that because i shipped it priority mail that they may be able to find it. They are going to call me back tomorrow between the hours of 8am and 12pm to let me know what they've came up with.

im going to quote tom, the supervisor i spoke with

"if it comes down to it ill call his local postmaster himself im sure he'll remember"

I will keep you guys updated on how things go.

RogueFactor
10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
well, im making progress
ive filed a claim with USPS
"threatning to call the attorney general gets you a supervisor REAL quick"
They gave me a confirmation number and a claims number and said that because i shipped it priority mail that they may be able to find it. They are going to call me back tomorrow between the hours of 8am and 12pm to let me know what they've came up with.

im going to quote tom, the supervisor i spoke with

"if it comes down to it ill call his local postmaster himself im sure he'll remember"

I will keep you guys updated on how things go.

Either you misunderstood, or they are blowing smoke up your butt.

To file a 'claim' you would have had to insure it. If by 'claim' you mean you have complained, that happens every day and does little good without the package being insured.

Calling the Attorney General wont do you much good either. They know that. Trust me, Ive been in my share of shouting matches. Its futile.

If you didnt purchase Delivery Confirmation, they couldnt have given you a 'Confirmation' number. Unless of course you are referring to phone number they gave you to call. Or just a number referencing your complaint.

Now, they could have started whats called a 'tracer'. This is where they attempt to track down the package between your PO and the destination PO. If they dont come up with the package, your SOL. Theyll tell you as much.

Regardless, its been a learning lesson. This is good. In the future, youll know better how the system works and how to avoid these issues.

Freebird
10-23-2007, 08:49 PM
well the confirmation number they gave me was

CZ12HH342****

they said that when they called tomorrow they were going to ask for that

and the claim number is

H1NY1705J***
so in the future if i needed to contact somone regarding this package i could use this number to retrieve all the information gatherd so far.

they could be pullin my chain but hopfully they can atleast track down the package.

Ruler_Mark
10-23-2007, 09:18 PM

CZ12HH342****

and the claim number is

H1NY1705J***
so in the future if i needed to contact somone regarding this package i could use this number to retrieve all the information gatherd so far.

they could be pullin my chain but hopfully they can atleast track down the package.

I'm going to laugh soooooo hard when they say why are you mad at us this was deleivered on time.

Freebird
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm going to laugh soooooo hard when they say why are you mad at us this was deleivered on time.
dude, i know i messed up but really its nothin' to make comments like that about.
Yea he could have scammed me but id like to make 100% sure that he did before i accuse him of it. Hes actually a member of many forums all have excellent feedback. innocent until proven guilty is kind of a thing around here with my father being a former DA. So usps calls me tomorrow and says sorry but your package has been delivered. All i have to do is get that in writing, and send it to paypal. Then who is paypal going to believe. At best they can tell me where it is. Could possibly be i wrote a number down wrong or misspelled his name and the package is on its way back to me. There are many things that could factor this, him scamming me COULD be a possibility but your gonna judge the guy on that? USPS f's up all the time. Ever not get a letter, or receive a damaged package. **it happens man watch forest gump.....

Ruler_Mark
10-23-2007, 10:16 PM
dude, i know i messed up but really its nothin' to make comments like that about.
Yea he could have scammed me but id like to make 100% sure that he did before i accuse him of it. Hes actually a member of many forums all have excellent feedback. innocent until proven guilty is kind of a thing around here with my father being a former DA. So usps calls me tomorrow and says sorry but your package has been delivered. All i have to do is get that in writing, and send it to paypal. Then who is paypal going to believe. At best they can tell me where it is. Could possibly be i wrote a number down wrong or misspelled his name and the package is on its way back to me. There are many things that could factor this, him scamming me COULD be a possibility but your gonna judge the guy on that? USPS f's up all the time. Ever not get a letter, or receive a damaged package. **it happens man watch forest gump.....

I know, my eagle scout application was shredded delayed me 2 months so I only ended up with 1 palm instead of 2 that i had the badges for.

RogueFactor
10-23-2007, 10:38 PM

CZ12HH342****

and the claim number is

H1NY1705J***

Lets just hope it all works out and they find the package. Id hate to see you lose $130.