PDA

View Full Version : Anybody doing Pneumag conversions as a service?

psychowarden
10-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I am wanting to send my future RT ULE mag to someone to get it Pneumagged, because I don't quite trust myself to do it by myself. Is there anyone I could send it to and pay to have it done?

Andrewliu6294
10-22-2007, 03:51 PM
pneumagger does it, i'm not sure if he's doing it right now.

cyberave had pneumag kits, i dont know if he does conversions though.

if no-one else does it, i suppose i could, but i've only done one conversion, working on a second one right now though. both for myself... also expect a fairly long turnaround (2-3 weeks)

psychowarden
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I'd be ok with a 2 month turn around really. I'm done for the season right now, and don't really plan to play until February, so I've got plenty of time. So, in those 5 months, I've got to save up money to get myself a new Mag....and then Pneumag it.

If you were to do it, what would you charge?

Andrewliu6294
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
hm...not really sure...as i've never offered this as a service before, so i guess i'll say $67 if you provide the LPR. $40 for if you provide all the parts (msv-2, mpa-3, LP line, barbs, and the LPR)

or more if you need a LPR, i would have to hunt down a new one or used, and let you know about how much it would add.

check with pneumagger first, as he's much more experienced in this than i am.

psychowarden
10-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I think I'm gonna get a hold of the parts and try to do it myself. Now I just gotta find the threads for the step by step guide to it, and the link for Cyberave's thread on his kits.

Stayhuge
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
If you have trouble finding that video, I can try and send it to you. It basically is a step by step how to make a Pneumag. It's like 160MB, so I don't know how I would get it to you. LMK if you have any ideas.

psychowarden
10-22-2007, 07:11 PM
By some crazy and odd chance, I actually downloaded the vid on accident a few weeks back and held on to it, so I have it :D

Hgblues
10-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Can Cyberdaves kit be modified to put the lpr inside the grip frame? I'm using and intelli frame....I have a sidefed, ULE, ULT, X valve, Intelli frame setup I'm wanting to Pneumag.

afortuna
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Can Cyberdaves kit be modified to put the lpr inside the grip frame? I'm using and intelli frame....I have a sidefed, ULE, ULT, X valve, Intelli frame setup I'm wanting to Pneumag.

Cyber's kit is simply the parts, w/o the LPR, needed to add to the frame to convert it to the Pneumag. Whether you can fit the LPR in the frame is between your frame, your LPR, your dremel, and your hand.

Hgblues
10-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Gotcha. Looked like some cutting and remounting would need to be done. What is the smallest , most popular lpr's being used, either in the front or grip?

olinar
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
looks like ticklers are used the most, i used it myself. very small and works quite well.

Andrewliu6294
10-22-2007, 08:24 PM
ticklers are small. I've used one. I've also heard microrocks and some shocktechs arent too large either.

rawbutter
10-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I think I'm gonna get a hold of the parts and try to do it myself. Now I just gotta find the threads for the step by step guide to it, and the link for Cyberave's thread on his kits.

If you need any of the drills/taps, let me know. I just finished my own pneumag, and I don't need all the tools anymore. (Pics/prices are in my sale thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221784).)

babyface
10-22-2007, 09:12 PM
i just recently finished my pnumag, with allot of help from cyberave, and olinar. they gave me allot of info. i got it all together and it does work, i just have to do allot of fine tuning

wooky
10-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah I thought that someone was making something similar I remember reading about it and he was making the pieces and taking pics. I do know that he was only going to sell the parts.

Well that wasnt much help now was it :tard:

Spider-TW
10-24-2007, 08:25 AM
If you need any of the drills/taps, let me know. I just finished my own pneumag, and I don't need all the tools anymore. (Pics/prices are in my sale thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221784).)
Selling tools??? I thought that only happened in estate sales. I thought tools were like markers (and guns, money, ammo), you can't have too many. What a concept...

So, you don't think you will at least be doing another pneumag? The rule of tools says you will need a particular tool soon after you lose it. I don't know if there is a rule about selling them. ;)

rkjunior303
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
you might wanna look for a macdev lpr.. they are the smallest cocker lpr i believe.

psychowarden
10-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I've been looking for a Macdev reg for a while, and havn't found one yet. I'm probably gonna go with a Palmers Micro - Rock.

And I have a full set of taps ;) Gift from my grandfather.

Ruler_Mark
10-24-2007, 06:56 PM
theres one on pbn im too lazy to get the link.

psychowarden
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Has anyone done a Pneumag conversion on a Y-frame yet? I didn't figure it would be much different, as long as the insides are the same, just reversed.

Papa_Smurf
10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Has anyone done a Pneumag conversion on a Y-frame yet? I didn't figure it would be much different, as long as the insides are the same, just reversed.

I have. Then again, I have a mill.

psychowarden
10-24-2007, 09:39 PM
I have a dremel...

Could you post pics of the inside of it?

Papa_Smurf
10-24-2007, 09:42 PM
hahaha. Big step between.

All I did was remove the "bar" across the middle. I used a keyway cutter to take meat off the sides, but that wasn't needed to do the job, just to make it lighter.

Lomarandil
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh PapaSmurf :D... any chance you can give me a reason to smile?

Papa_Smurf
10-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh PapaSmurf :D... any chance you can give me a reason to smile?

everything is in but the ram. I broke a case hardened steel tap into two so I have to get another. After I drill and tap 4 holes it's headed your way.

Lomarandil
10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Dang skippy, was it that blasted anno again? Well, nearly done anyways!

On topic, if you change your mind about doing it yourself, I have to say that so far PapaSmurf has been great! I'll make sure and put up pictures once it's done too.

Papa_Smurf
10-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Dang skippy, was it that blasted anno again? Well, nearly done anyways!

On topic, if you change your mind about doing it yourself, I have to say that so far PapaSmurf has been great! I'll make sure and put up pictures once it's done too.

That was no joke. I had to get out the 3ton arbor press out for that one.

Thank you thank you. :hail:

psychowarden
10-25-2007, 01:18 AM
How much would you be charging for the install if I were to provide the frame and LPR?

Twistedpsyche
10-29-2007, 05:12 PM
By some crazy and odd chance, I actually downloaded the vid on accident a few weeks back and held on to it, so I have it :D

Anyone know where I can find said video??

BigTrucker
10-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Heck id would be in the market to buy a frame already done. If one of you guys are up to it PM me and ill give you the cash to build me one. :cheers:

babyface
10-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Heck id would be in the market to buy a frame already done. If one of you guys are up to it PM me and ill give you the cash to build me one. :cheers:

seen a couple of nice frames on the misc paintball thread. check there you willl definatly find a good deal.

Papa_Smurf
10-29-2007, 09:27 PM

Check out my latest FS thread in Misc PB items.

lt500
11-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I would be willing to pneumag a frame as long as you provide the parts, pay shipping both ways, and $25 for my services.