PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinions?

tech-chan
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm having trouble deciding.... So I'm gonna let the crew at AO gimme some help. I love small fast markers, so let that factor in your thoughts.I am an automagger (I'm up to 4 mags!!!) and am now looking for a new electric marker to replace my BKO. My prcie range is around 300-450.

Chuff, chuff,
Jeremiah

Spider-TW
10-22-2007, 04:17 PM
I saw a mini with a six inch Apex barrel, a Velocity junior loader and a 45 cu in HPA tank. It was definitely small.

Ruler_Mark
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
i heard quests are very very cheap at the moment

Engus
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
the original quests are cheap yes, but I looove my mini. Its even smaller then you think

tech-chan
10-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I just held a mini for the first time today and I'm definetly liking it.

wetwrks
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
I just picked up my first emag and love it. A close second would be the mini.

Chaos_Theory!
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM
You will be very hard pressed to find an emag for that price unless you go for an older one with SS body and older emag valve.

I suggest a cyborg, you can find some for REALLY good prices here and on PBN.

tech-chan
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
I was also looking at just the lowers, I have the rest besides a xmag valve. I don't like the way the cyborg looks.

EDIT: I don't mean to bash on AKA, I just really don't like the look of the milling they have. I think they are a great company, but I have never seen any marker of they'rs that I have liked the milling on.

Warwitch
10-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Only markers I will still shoot are AGD and AKA. Both are good for life ;)

tech-chan
10-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Right now, I'm definetly thinking either a mini or some lowers and an xmag valve. Used lowers and an x-vlave will cost me what? A used mini will cost me under 300 and a new one under 400.

I like the mini's prices... :dance:

punkncat
10-22-2007, 06:17 PM
If you decide to go with a used Mini, be sure and watch the board version. There was a problem with version 1 and some users never sent it in for the free upgrade.

I really enjoy my Mini. For the price I don't think there is anything better. NDZ has some nice stuff for them to add some "bling"...lol.

d4m4don3
10-22-2007, 06:31 PM
If you decide to go with a used Mini, be sure and watch the board version. There was a problem with version 1 and some users never sent it in for the free upgrade.

I really enjoy my Mini. For the price I don't think there is anything better. NDZ has some nice stuff for them to add some "bling"...lol.
Actually there was verison 1.1 and 1.1 revision, can't tell the diff from either so try to get rev 1.2 or if it has an aftermarket board. Other than that the mini's a pretty kick *** platform once it is broken in.

olinar
10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
i love my emag and my mech mag but ive always wanted to try the mini's. theres just something about them that interested me since day one.

Chaos_Theory!
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
I was also looking at just the lowers, I have the rest besides a xmag valve. I don't like the way the cyborg looks.

EDIT: I don't mean to bash on AKA, I just really don't like the look of the milling they have. I think they are a great company, but I have never seen any marker of they'rs that I have liked the milling on.

And thats why youll always be shooting second rate markers, you base things on looks. Theres nothing even remotly wrong with how borgs look. Vikings, well yeah anythign in your price range wont look that pretty. If ya wanna spend 700-1000 you can get a pretty gun.

Anyway, onto your prices. A used mini will cost under 300 unless someones trying to scam you (thats my opinion). You can buy BNIB minis for 300 if ya look around (ill direct you where to go if youd like). Emag lowers usually run around 300 and xvalves around 200.

Lastly, although minis are very nice guns for the price the feel is a love hate thing. They are insanly small which a lot of poeple dont like (including myself since i have large hands).

LK-13
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Classic Mag with X Valve an G-Force Pneumatic Frame

mr doo doo
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
i'd go with a mini since it seems like a pretty well made marker. i would have chosen the PMR, but necessary upgrades before you play are a metal backcap, new trigger, and such.

TnDeathInc
10-23-2007, 07:07 AM
My brother hasnt picked up a mag or his beloved timmy since he picked up a mini.

If you have man sized hands like me, not the minime midget hands, you may find it very awkward. It shoots great no kick but there is no room for my hands, like 0 room. :ninja:

AirAssault
10-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Seeing as buying a marker is a personal issue not a group one, buy what you want. Remember re-sale value. A mini you spend $300 on today will be worth what in six months, a year? The lowers you buy can be sold for purchase price most likely in 5 years.

Buy what feels good to YOU, not what we tell you to.

Anjin3515
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I am the lone PMR vote it seems. I went this direction for one main reason. I just gave one to my wife for our wedding anniversary (well she picked it out...mainly because it was blue LOL) She is loving it. I really don't know much about electro's... I run with a bunch of guys on a scenario team and 3 or 4 of them shoot various PMR's and they all love it. So I voted PMR.

That being said..I like the way the mini feels, but I am short with small hands and it seems that the mini's design is sort of a love it or hate it.

I echo those above who said ...it does come down to personal choice and what feels good to you...if you can test fire these that would be the best...at the least hold them.

tech-chan
10-23-2007, 09:16 AM
And thats why youll always be shooting second rate markers, you base things on looks. Theres nothing even remotly wrong with how borgs look. Vikings, well yeah anythign in your price range wont look that pretty. If ya wanna spend 700-1000 you can get a pretty gun.

Anyway, onto your prices. A used mini will cost under 300 unless someones trying to scam you (thats my opinion). You can buy BNIB minis for 300 if ya look around (ill direct you where to go if youd like). Emag lowers usually run around 300 and xvalves around 200.

Lastly, although minis are very nice guns for the price the feel is a love hate thing. They are insanly small which a lot of poeple dont like (including myself since i have large hands).

I'm not normally a petty gun person, I have 3 beatup mags(Woot), 1 uzi mag(to be unveiled later) and 1 bko(not fast enough) and am looking for something bright and shiny and fast for once. I love little small guns, I have about medium hands and pretty fast fingers, so I think I like the mini quite a bit. I have held everything that you guys have been talking about and I really like the Emags, but it seems that if I get a good light one, its not gonna be cheap. I would really appreciate it if you would direct me to where you can buy one for 300, please?

turbo chicken
10-23-2007, 09:18 AM
get lowers!!!

manwe33
10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
I would say a none milled viking. every one says they are big and bulky but once you put a hopper and a tank on there they are balanced so well you dont not notice at all. that is my vote.

manwe33
10-23-2007, 09:26 AM
I would say a none milled viking. every one says they are big and bulky but once you put a hopper and a tank on there they are balanced so well you dont not notice at all. that is my vote.
One more thing i hated my mini. It seems so cheap and tosmall like i was going to break it. to me it was not that smooth of gun. I gun i have been shootiing my vikings to much. :cheers:

JAM
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
I always loved Vikings....

But for the money and ease of cleaning/maintenence- get an Ego ETek... they are sweet, fast, efficient, reasonably priced and SUPER easy to clean.

I have never had great experiences with spool valve markers.

Empyreal Rogue
10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Normally I'd say E-Mag for obvious reasons. But with a price range of 300-450 you'll probably just be able to snag a good set of decked out lowers and not much else. So I chose the Mini.

wimag
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
freestyle.

tech-chan
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I have never really liked any of the grips on egos, they have always irked me for some reason.

warbeak2099
10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Mini or 08 Fusion.

nathanjones008
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I love my proto rail! I been using this gun since april and no problems, the only upgrades is a new trigger($20-30) and a metal back cap. You can get a new one 350~400 bones and used ones for even cheaper!

The mini is a great choice also, make sure you get the newer ones without the issues.

The emag i would discourage, cause it is tougher and tougher to find parts(not because performance and reliability). Most of the time an(used) emag will cost you more than a New mini or rail.

:clap:

tech-chan
10-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Invert Mini is the final desicion ladies and gentleman. I'm now looking actively for a mini. :dance:

nathanjones008
10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Good luck, it is a great gun! Enjoy :)

secretweaponevan
10-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Invert Mini is the final desicion ladies and gentleman. I'm now looking actively for a mini. :dance:

The mini's look like a great gun. The only beef I have with them is the non-modularity of the ASA which, if you are a smaller person, limits you to peanut tanks.

I'd have to throw the DP fusion in for consideration. The magnetic trigger kit has me wanting one over the mini.

Good luck with your purchase!

gus13
10-24-2007, 05:28 AM
I liked the weight and size of the mini, my only issue (or at least with the one I shot) was the trigger, I dunno I just couldn't really shoot it like either my Mag or my Ego, thats not to say that if I finangled with it I couldn't shoot I'm sure, but as a trial thing i didn't have the luxury! best of luck w/ your decision
gus