PDA

View Full Version : AO South: Just the Facts

kruger
10-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Unless things change drastically, this is the Hard info on the AO South game.

The date that has been chosen is 3 NOV. Thats a Saturday. My field is, and always has been a BYOP field, not gonna change it for this game. Normal field fees are $10, and all day air is $10. Same prices for this event. So, for 20 bucks you can play till you throw up.

My web address is: www.scenariopaintballgamesga.com

The pics are old, and the map is out of date, but I dont keep up the website, that is another guys dept. But, you will get the gist of the field. More has been added since the map was put up. There is a little facility called "the house of pain" that is not on the map.

My field is located at 709 Livingston Rd, Rome, GA. 30161

And, for those that have not done a google map yet, here it is:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=709+Livingston+Rd+SW,+Rome,+GA+30161,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Its about an hour north of Atlanta.

The purpose of this event is to allow the AO'rs to meet and shoot each other. Both with paint and with the bull, show off your mags and to impress each other with your stalking skills. This event is going to be an open day of play for walk-ons also so there will be locals there to test your skills.

My field is a woodsball/scenario field. We do have a hyperball field, and incorporate it into the woodsball games so that those with the tendency towards the speedball side of the game can just paint the world up blue and yellow.

This event will not be structured, there will be no format to the play. I will dictate what the first game will be, just to get the juices flowing. Then, it will be up to the crowd as to what we play. I will, of course, suggest a coupla games, but it will be strictly up to the crowd as to which way we play. The only thing that I will get anal about is the safety of the players. Safety rules will be enforced. Cheating will get you talked about on the forums. Other than that, it will be a completely fluid day.

I will open up at 8 AM and game play will start at 10 AM and go until 6 PM. I will also open the field back up at 10 AM on Sunday (normal time is 1PM) so that you can get a really good dose before you have to travel back home. Sunday is a normal walk-on day, so there is no telling who, or how many, or what time people will show up

There will be food and drinks there, probably Hamburgers, Hotdogs, and maybe BBQ. Plates will be reasonably priced. There is no running water at the field so if you want to bring water or drinks, then please feel free to do so.

NO ADULT BEVERAGES AT THE FIELD
Violate this rule and I will ask you to leave. Sorry, this is family event and there will be younger people there. We have had bad experiences in the past and we just dont want to put up the the hassles if/when things get out of hand.

Rome area Hotel/Motel

http://www.ihsadvantage.com/h/hotel...410597&nights=2

I dont know if I really believe the rates that are posted on those listings, but, call around, you never know.

We will be meeting here at Buffalo's Wings in Rome, GA.
Google map for you:

It will be at pin "A". Ignore all the other pins, I aint got a clue as to why they are on there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...tate1=saveplace

Will meet at 8 PM or so. This will give folks time to get settled in.

The Poll is to give me an idea as to how many will be at Buffalo's on Friday night. The manager needs a round figure so they will an idea as to how much space to save for us.

Also, from the AO South thread, it appears that there were about 40 or so that posted that they were going. I do know that there are others that are supposed to be coming that dont post up here.

kruger
10-24-2007, 09:00 AM
bumping this so that everybody can see it.

SN toter
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey Kruger, I'm actually flying down to ATL Friday for a NASCAR driving experience at the ALT motor speedway Saturday. It's going to go till noon or so on Saturday but if Rome is only an hour away I may try to make it for a couple hours. I'll also try to make it to the dinner, thats going to depend on when my flight gets there and how long it takes me to get settled into a hotel, etc... I'll PM you Friday with an answer after I book my flight. I did NOT sign up for the AO south day, this is all kinda happening on a whim and its funny that the AO day falls on the same weekend at the same place(sort of).

ProblemKinder
10-24-2007, 03:40 PM
that is so not fair. i moved back home to iowa, and i'll be in diego november 8th through the 14th. can't you bump it back a week? =D

kruger
10-24-2007, 04:08 PM
SN Toter, Rome is really easy to find, and its not that big of a town, should be pretty easy to find Buffalo's, and I dont think that you will be disappointed. Look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

Problemkinder: I really wish that I could bup this up two weeks, just to give me a little extra time to get things ready the way that I want. But, its a go for the 3rd. Sorry.

MANN
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Ill be there friday night. If I have guest Ill let you know.

As of right now I am staying at the Best Western Executive Inn. It is ~ 80 bucks for the night for anyone else who wants to stay there.

Anyone between Knoxville, TN and Rome is more than welcome to catch a ride if needed.

See you guys there :cheers:

ProblemKinder
10-25-2007, 10:25 AM
SN Toter, Rome is really easy to find, and its not that big of a town, should be pretty easy to find Buffalo's, and I dont think that you will be disappointed. Look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.

Problemkinder: I really wish that I could bup this up two weeks, just to give me a little extra time to get things ready the way that I want. But, its a go for the 3rd. Sorry.

what you mean you're not willing to change plans affecting several dozen people just for a guy you've never met? :rofl:

anywho rome georgia huh? ever had chick-fil-a? =D

that was a bit off topic....ummm go socal!! :headbang:

punkncat
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Hey Kruger, I'm actually flying down to ATL Friday for a NASCAR driving experience at the ALT motor speedway Saturday. It's going to go till noon or so on Saturday but if Rome is only an hour away I may try to make it for a couple hours. I'll also try to make it to the dinner, thats going to depend on when my flight gets there and how long it takes me to get settled into a hotel, etc... I'll PM you Friday with an answer after I book my flight. I did NOT sign up for the AO south day, this is all kinda happening on a whim and its funny that the AO day falls on the same weekend at the same place(sort of).

IF you come, I have some gear you can use. LMK and I will bring a mask for you. I am already bringing my mag so that I can hand it to someone to shoot. It is calling to me to be used....
I am coming to hang out a bit during the afternoon. Won't be there all day as I have a party to attend after dark back below Atl.

kruger
10-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Good for you Punkncat glad that you can make it.

and, Yup, Chick-fil-a is sorta an Icon around here. The one we have is really good, and for good reason :D

TnDeathInc
10-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Ill probably bring extra gear too.

punkncat
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Good for you Punkncat glad that you can make it.

I have to take the opportunity to meet all these AO'ers, right?

Not just that, with good spectator areas it will be the first game I have seen in quite a while.

TnDeathInc
10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
i have like 7-9 mags justt bring your need to kill :P

mag79
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM

I live off of the AMSpeedpay and I'm about 2 and a halft hours away fro Rome, Ga

Thotograph
10-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Well as much as I've been planning on AO south and looking forward to it and telling others about it, I now know that I will not be attending... well most likely I won't be attending, I'll put it that way for now. I've been offered to work the Rennsport Porsche meet at Daytona on the same weekend and have accepted the position (provided they are willing to pay me the rate I've requested).

It's trading one passion for another but rather than spending some money doing what I love I'll be making some decent money doing what I also love to do... that being motorsports photography, and this has always been my goal and dream to make a living shooting cars so this gig is for sure a step in the right direction, if I get it. I almost turned the offer down but then the lady mentioned exactly what we'd be doing, that being shooting cars all day. This was a really hard decision to make and I'm really bummed I won't be able to meet all of my AO bretheren in the South East. Plus I'm gonna miss that super sweet swap meet ya'll :shooting: I was also planning on bringing my camera up there and covering the event as well so double :(

So it is with great reluctancy that I inform you all of my recent change of plans. Have fun and hopefully I won't have conflicting schedules next time there's an AO day (I had to miss the Transformers event in Bithlo as well to do a job so this is really starting to bug me).

:cheers:
-Trevor

TnDeathInc
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
man we will miss ya brother, take care of you

kruger
10-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Thoto, we will miss you being there. But, ya gotta take care of bid'ness first. I feel real strongly that there will be an AO South 08 :headbang:

And, if you miss that one, then we will all know that you are just a wannabe :D

Thotograph
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Ahahaha nice'n, dangit now I gotta make it there in '08. Yea I was really and truely torn between my two greatest passions (well since watching the futbol doesn't really count pb and photo are them) and had to make a split second decision. Ohh well if they tell me I'm asking way to much for my time then I'll be on my way up there anyways, but I think I put in a reasonable bid. Especially considering I'm gonna have to miss out on something I'd been looking forward to for a long long time. I really hope that AO South will keep on truckin through 08 and beyond. Yall enjoy yourselves.

If my bid gets shot down I will def be posting as such. Lol I'm almost hoping they do refuse the bid, but hey if I get the job it won't be a bad thing, just a bummer. I was really looking forward to meeting many of my fellow AOer's and paintballing all day without having to explain even once to some little twirp that just because my gun's internals were designed in the 90's doesn't mean it isn't as good as anything his parents have bought for him in the current model year of 07. Punks...
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

EDIT: No such luck they bit on it... I'm on for that weekend, I'll see you all in '08, outro 5000

kruger
10-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Less than a week....... :wow:

TnDeathInc
10-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Ill be there friday night. If I have guest Ill let you know.

As of right now I am staying at the Best Western Executive Inn. It is ~ 80 bucks for the night for anyone else who wants to stay there.

Anyone between Knoxville, TN and Rome is more than welcome to catch a ride if needed.

See you guys there :cheers:

Mann, the wife and i heading from NAshville are looking for a place to stay and will arrive firday around 8-9pm, Do you have this info to this hotel and wher ei can call. Maybe swap numbers and we can drink or go out?

MANN
10-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Mann, the wife and i heading from NAshville are looking for a place to stay and will arrive firday around 8-9pm, Do you have this info to this hotel and wher ei can call. Maybe swap numbers and we can drink or go out?

Ill pm you info later tonight. I gotta run. :cheers:

kruger
10-29-2007, 09:32 PM
bump

MANN
10-31-2007, 07:23 PM
I know there better be more than 5 people showing up. :confused:

kruger
10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Yea, there should be. I know that there are more than five travlin' on Friday.

MANN
11-01-2007, 10:26 PM
do you have an address for the restraunt. It is not pulling up when selecting the link.

Siress
11-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Awesome! I'll be passing through Rome tomorrow evening anyway. 8pm at Buffalo's... Will there be a password? :rolleyes:

TnDeathInc: I'll probably meet you at the event before I get a reply, but what's your name? I know a few Death Inc guys from my stints at Bear Claw and Wildfire playing with Southern Comfort in the days of yore. I haven't been around since just after Lane upgraded to a fiberglass tank body. Honestly, the only names I remember are Lane and Chris, a cocker fanatic that could actually keep up with me in assaulting the opponents base :headbang:

See you all there!
-Seth

kruger
11-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Yea, that is screwy.

440 Shorter Ave NW, Rome, GA
(706) 234-2833

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=440+Shorter+Ave+NW,+Rome,+GA+30165,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

maybe this map will keep its address, at least for one day.

MANN
11-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks.

Looks like it is going to be perfect paintball weather. 71 is the high with 0% chance of rain. :clap:

Im packing up, and will be leaving soon. :headbang:

punkncat
11-02-2007, 08:23 AM
See y'all at the event on Sat.

:clap:

TnDeathInc
11-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Awesome! I'll be passing through Rome tomorrow evening anyway. 8pm at Buffalo's... Will there be a password? :rolleyes:

TnDeathInc: I'll probably meet you at the event before I get a reply, but what's your name? I know a few Death Inc guys from my stints at Bear Claw and Wildfire playing with Southern Comfort in the days of yore. I haven't been around since just after Lane upgraded to a fiberglass tank body. Honestly, the only names I remember are Lane and Chris, a cocker fanatic that could actually keep up with me in assaulting the opponents base :headbang:

See you all there!
-Seth

well about 3-4 years ago a group from TN hooked up with Lane. After Lane missed a bearclaw event, the next one, there were about 15 of us. Now there is only the 8 from TN. I believe we are going to go with a new name soon and have a tank we are building in the shop. Im Jacky. The others with me are Chris - Don, and Christina Reeves (you would remember her if you seen her trust me), Myself, and my wife shannon, her 3 brothers, matthew jaime and travis, my step dad Frenchie, and her dad Matt sharpe.

We will be easy to pick out at AO, will be the ones with the 5 month old baby, Just me (ugly dude) her(attractive athletic blonde) and her older brother travis(redman) are going to make the truck because i dont want to pull the trailer 4 hours b/c i have to turn around sunday and head to albany ga for work, sorry bad gammar but im uber busy at work.

Since Death Inc died about 2 years ago, the american side has been getting its A$$ handed to them at every event, since they stuck team nitro and sewerrats on the same side.

See yall there