PDA

View Full Version : SP Tac-One.....NOT!

Anjin3515
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Looks sort of like a Tac-One to me.....

SIGH...... (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=010-112-0127#)

EDIT for bad grammar.

neppo1345
10-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Looks like sort of like a Tac-One to me.....

SIGH...... (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=010-112-0127#)

Yeah, just like any other gun with tac rails on it will.

behemoth
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Swampy
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
But that looks ugly

trevorjk
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
so its a single trigger ion with a crappy board and new body?

B-Pow
10-23-2007, 03:18 PM
...kill it...

This part made me laugh
"Operating Pressure: 180psi "
"Anti-Chop System: Low force bolt "

I wonder what they mean by low force bolt...because the specs look like (a crappier) ion...and those bolts will chop paint really well.

trevorjk
10-23-2007, 03:19 PM
apparently Smart Parts is coming out with 4 new ions at world cup haha... sad

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2410437

pics of 4 new iions

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/SPnew.jpg

p8ntball72
10-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Looks like they took pages from the AGD design team that came up with the Tac-1. :tard:

This is claimed to be a X-7 killer?? Don't think So,
The Vast majority of Scenario players don't want Markers to hang 3 thousand dollar Night vision off of.. they want "MILITARY LOOKING" markers.
when will manufacturers ever learn not to listen to these "so-called" Scenario experts, and actually spend some time with the real people that will be PAYING for a new gun.

I predict lackluster sales at best.
On the plus side Smart Parts Sponsored Scenario teams will be practically be giving these away at events.... Just like the AGD teams did with the Tac-One.... {wonder if they are related?} :ninja:

trevorjk
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
well the base model Tac version of the ION is only going to be $150 retail....

Zone Drifter
10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
"Tournament performance" this and "True tournament performance" that...

Blah blah blah... So, this leads me to belive that these guns are not meant for people who want something OTHER than "Tournament performance at an affordable price". If you want a good tourney gun, I would take a spyder over a SP gun anyday. And with the pneumatic frames coming for spyders... oh yeah, you'll see them out there rocking those Ions.

cerrik
10-23-2007, 04:10 PM
What in the world? Why come up with 4 "new" versions of the Ion? When it already does so well as it is... and costs almost as much as the low end already? The SP-1 looks like crap and has a slower board. I'm sure a player can pick up an Ion and a tac body from the secondary market for the $199 that Ion's were last going for. And it's two-finger and faster board... how sad...

Mechanic79
10-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, that is what they SHOULD call it.

Systematically and effectivly diseasing the paintball industry, one gun (patent) at a time.

Catalysts: patent office and/or judicial system.

Skiddz
10-23-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah but what you don't see is the parents getting their kids into the sport and seeing that a electronic scenario woods marker costs less than a tippmann 98.

I can see this selling pretty well but nothing like the ion did for them. Besides i wouldn't buy any sp gun besides an ion if i had to so.....

mclaggan123
10-23-2007, 06:56 PM
smart corp used these at the sppl finals. they were shooting twice as far as my mag or my dm6 and the rest of my teams guns. they had guys get tagged for hot guns during the game and they said it was because they were new and they werent used to them. but i dont think the factory team was using the same $150 dollar model that the public would get. those guns ripped at sppl and they were very accurate. im sorry but its just more sp junk.

Anjin3515
10-23-2007, 07:09 PM

Yes your right...all markers with weaver rails look alike.I am busted.
All whales are mammals but not all mammals are whales

Don Carnage
10-23-2007, 07:30 PM
*sigh*
I suppose they're about to patent paintball guns with rails now.

d4m4don3
10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Since it is an ion type gun you know stores will try to push it because of the high rate of fire that they can demonstrate at the store. If you go to any paintball store, customers, especially new customers are impressed by the rate of fire this marker can theoretically do albeit in ramping mode. They'll also push it because many know that the customer will come back and get the performance upgrades that normal e-markers have like a new board, qev's and hoppers that cost almost as much as the marker or more and of course you have to buy a compressed air tank for this marker since co2 is generally a no no unless you jump trough some hoops in the upgrade cycle to prevent the liquid from reaching the gun. If this marker attracts the woodsballer and the milsim addicts then it will have acheived its goal. The sp8 didn't do a good job of that. It's obvious since now they have a new model out.

But will this be a tippman killer? Highly unlikely, SP is trying to break into a market that Tippman has had a good stranglehold on. They'll take a bit out of it, but the cosmetic upgrade paths on the x7 and it's bretheren in the tippman line of products is staggering. The simplicity of their gun compared to this new marker is sure to keep customers from jumping.

Anjin3515
10-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Since it is an ion type gun you know stores will try to push it because of the high rate of fire that they can demonstrate at the store. If you go to any paintball store, customers, especially new customers are impressed by the rate of fire this marker can theoretically do albeit in ramping mode. They'll also push it because many know that the customer will come back and get the performance upgrades that normal e-markers have like a new board, qev's and hoppers that cost almost as much as the marker or more and of course you have to buy a compressed air tank for this marker since co2 is generally a no no unless you jump trough some hoops in the upgrade cycle to prevent the liquid from reaching the gun. If this marker attracts the woodsballer and the milsim addicts then it will have acheived its goal. The sp8 didn't do a good job of that. It's obvious since now they have a new model out.

But will this be a tippman killer? Highly unlikely, SP is trying to break into a market that Tippman has had a good stranglehold on. They'll take a bit out of it, but the cosmetic upgrade paths on the x7 and it's bretheren in the tippman line of products is staggering. The simplicity of their gun compared to this new marker is sure to keep customers from jumping.

agreed. I think if they dont have significant cosmetic upgrades...then it wont be killing off the A-5 or X-7 anytime soon. Tippmanns major concern has to be how cheap this thing is selling for.

mr doo doo
10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
more poop! yahooo! copycats :cuss:

p8ntball72
10-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Features:

Mil-spec accessory rails at every angle and integrated mount points for a stock, the SP-1 is ready for a limitless variety of accessories.
Equipped with an integrated tactical flashlight mount right below the barrel, which accepts inexpensive focused beam flashlights at a fraction of the cost of expensive tactical flashlights.
Low pressure electropneumatic operation replaces the outdated spring and hammer designs that power competing tactical markers, and allows the SP-1 to deliver a fast , accurate and quiet hailstorm of paint.
Weight (marker only): 2 lbs. 6 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 12.5 in.
Operating Pressure: 180psi
Gas Source: HPA or CO2
Anti-Chop System: Low force bolt
Trigger Pivot: Stainless steel pin
Ball Detent: Dual rubber style
Semi auto firing mode
Max Rate of fire: 11bps
Field legal mode lock
Runs on one 9 volt battery
Standard ASA included
One piece 10 inch barrel
Feedneck: Vertical clamping
Glass fiber reinforced nylon grip frame/body

custar
10-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Doesn't Brass Eagle already market a marker with looks similar to the Milsim version? If so, it's sad SP is copying Brass Eagle.

custar

dropzone
10-24-2007, 02:23 AM
More like Spyder don't you think? I mean look what they did with the ION. Did Spyder ever do anything different with their line of markers except change the colors from year to year and make a few cosmetic changes. With that simple process Kingman has sold millions of markers to entry level players until the ION came out. SP has taken a huge chunk of change out of Kingmans pockets no doubt using their selling techniques. Only SP has done it through the internet instead of wally world. Why cant you buy an ION at Wall Mart? Because SP doesnt like the middleman taking a cut of their pie. Talk to any of your local paintball pro shops and ask them what their # 1 selling marker is and I can almost guarantee that it is an ION. Then ask them what marker they make the least amount of profit off of and once again its probably the ION.

SP lowered the MSRP on the ION so low and never lowered the dealers cost that they have effectively removed any need for a middleman and if there is one the profit margin is so minimal that it really isnt even worth their while.

Not only are they screwing over larger companies in the paintball industries but they are also doing everything they can to put the squeeze on all the small business paintball shops in our local communities.

Anjin3515
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Anyone see Rogues post on the new entry lvl DYE?
That I think will eat into the ION sales.

dstud2000
10-24-2007, 07:19 AM
If you reallly look at it, it looks like the Tiberius Arms Tac 8 pistol and Tac 9's

Anjin3515
10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
If you reallly look at it, it looks like the Tiberius Arms Tac 8 pistol and Tac 9's

I agree...but its missing something...something about it just isnt as "sexy" as the Tac8/9

dstud2000
10-24-2007, 07:37 AM
I agree...but its missing something...something about it just isnt as "sexy" as the Tac8/9

I agree with that, but it is darn close in comparison.

Anjin3515
10-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I agree with that, but it is darn close in comparison.

Yup...but that lack of...well what ever "it" is .....to me comes down to good industrial design.

It sure is close...IMHO its just lacking something. My guess, and only a guess...is that were more worried about copying a look...rather then inventing a look that is inspired by other "tactical markers"....copying and inspired by are very different...and the results will show this.

Look at Apple products....what ever you think of the company....the industrial design is always top notch. There are many companies that try to copy Apple products....but just fall short......this SP marker is like that to me.

dstud2000
10-24-2007, 07:50 AM
you hit the nail on the head with that one. I would be interested to see how the trigger is though, I just prefer singles over dbles/blades. I just took my intelli off my RT ULE in favor of the AGD cf frame, so much more what I am used to :D .

blake20
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
I finally figured out what exactly SP stands for!!! Obviously not smart parts but

STEAL and PATENT!!!!

What do you think???

dstud2000
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM
well someone needs to take one for the team and get a job with Smart Parts and start working undercover to put them in the crapper. :ninja:

Mechanic79
10-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I finally figured out what exactly SP stands for!!! Obviously not smart parts but

STEAL and PATENT!!!!

What do you think???

That is funny, because it is true.

ThePixelGuru
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
That is not funny, because it is true.
Fixed. :D

Twistedpsyche
10-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Did you see the pictures of the Vibe? What a lousy name BTW....
It's basically the SP1 in a "tourney" body. So it's a dumbed down Ion.

B-Pow
10-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Did you see the pictures of the Vibe? What a lousy name BTW....
It's basically the SP1 in a "tourney" body. So it's a dumbed down Ion.

I hear that on the name...it sounds like something for women and their "private special time"