PDA

View Full Version : new smartparts markers from pbnation

magmonkey
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
I got this from pbnation
just thought I would show what was coming out from our inovator friends at smart parts ( read LOTS of sarcasm into that)

I want to just make one thread about these, I know that there is already threads on most of these so I wanna sum them up:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/SPnew.jpg

New Guns Are
Ion XE-updated Ion
Vibe-bare bones Ion
Sp-1-milsim Vibe
Eos-updated Epiphany

Ion XE - $225

Ion XE Product Description:
The embodiment of affordable firepower. Ion changed the paintball paradigm by being the first marker to deliver true electropneumatic performance in the casual paintball player's price range. With multiple firing modes, an aggressive rate of fire, and break beam Vision anti-chop system, the Ion XE continues the Ion tradition of tournament level performance at a low price.

Features:
* Bolt-Out-Back design makes this Ion easier to maintain than ever before. One allen wrench is all that is needed to remove the bolt sleeve, bolt and bolt stop from the rear of the marker, providing complete access to the entire bolt and valve assembly in seconds.
* Weight (marker only): 1 lb. 15 oz.
* Length (w/out barrel): 8.5 in.
* Operating Pressure: 180psi
* Gas Source: HPA or CO2
* Anti-Chop System: Break Beam Vision
* Trigger Pivot: Stainless steel pin
* Ball Detent: Dual rubber style
* Semi auto, rebound, 3 round burst (10bps max), full auto, (10bps max)
* Max Rate of fire: 17bps (higher with Blackheart board)
* Field legal mode lock
* Runs on one 9 volt battery
* Standard ASA included
* Ion one piece 14 inch barrel
* Feedneck: Low profile friction grip vertical / NXT thread
* Aluminum / polymer grip frame/body

Vibe-$140

Low price, high performance. Entry level used to mean low performance, but once again Smart Parts changed the game. The Vibe brings the smooth, accurate, fast shooting performance of true low pressure electropneumatic operation to even first time players with its unbeatable entry level price.

Features:
Hammer free design means that even beginning players can now afford a marker with tournament level performance, durability, and simple maintenance.
Protection provided by the Vibe's all-new Max Flow R Vertical Regulator means that it is safe from the dangers of liquid CO2.
Weight (marker only): 1 lb. 11 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 8.75 in.
Operating Pressure: 180psi
Gas Source: HPA or CO2
Anti-Chop System: Low force bolt
Trigger Pivot: Stainless steel pin
Ball Detent: Dual rubber style
Semi auto firing mode
Max Rate of fire: 11bps
Field legal mode lock
Runs on one 9 volt battery
Standard ASA included
One piece 10 inch barrel
Feedneck: Vertical clamping
Aluminum receiver/bolt
Glass fiber reinforced nylon grip frame/body

Sp-1-$150

A fresh take on tactical. With its military styling and ultra rugged lightweight construction, the SP-1 is built for speed and made to last.

Features:

Mil-spec accessory rails at every angle and integrated mount points for a stock, the SP-1 is ready for a limitless variety of accessories.
Equipped with an integrated tactical flashlight mount right below the barrel, which accepts inexpensive focused beam flashlights at a fraction of the cost of expensive tactical flashlights.
Low pressure electropneumatic operation replaces the outdated spring and hammer designs that power competing tactical markers, and allows the SP-1 to deliver a fast , accurate and quiet hailstorm of paint.
Weight (marker only): 2 lbs. 6 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 12.5 in.
Semi auto firing mode
Field legal mode lock
Standard ASA included
One piece 10 inch barrel

EOS-$390

True tournament performance.

Features:
Unique rapid-charge, low volume fire chamber and volume control inserts makes the EOS deliver high-end tournament level performance, protected from distance-robbing shoot down even at the highest rates of fire
Vision anti chop technology combined with fast and simple single tool disassembly of the entire bolt and valve system gives the EOS the reliability and fast turn around time needed in the staging pits of today's tournaments.
Weight (marker only): 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 8.4 in.
Operating Pressure: 280psi
Anti-Chop System: Break Beam Vision
Trigger Pivot: Conical Mounted Bearing
Semi auto, rebound, 3 round burst (10bps max), full auto, (10bps max)
Max Rate of fire: 17bps
Field legal mode lock
Smart Parts On/Off ASA
Includes Freak Jr. three piece 14 inch barrel
Feedneck: Vertical Q-Lock/NXT thread
Lightweight alloy grip frame/body

randel
10-24-2007, 09:30 AM
the only thing that it looks like changed on the ion xt is that it is bolt out the back now

Warwitch
10-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Great. 4 more markers I wont be buying :rolleyes:

magmonkey
10-24-2007, 09:38 AM
appantly it costs around $100 to put eyes in a marker :rolleyes:

Dend78
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
i must say that mil-sim (tac-one wanna be) looks like crap, and probably feels like it to. i hate that look on there, and the others are starting to look like a Trix

SAVE A ROCK THROW AN ION!!!!!

Dend78
10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
appantly it costs around $100 to put eyes in a marker :rolleyes:

gotta be careful when drilling you might shatter the plastic :rofl:

randel
10-24-2007, 09:44 AM
or melt it maybe thats why they dint put eyes in they dint want to risk damaging the body ;)

Warwitch
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
i must say that mil-sim (tac-one wanna be) looks like crap, and probably feels like it to. i hate that look on there, and the others are starting to look like a Trix

SAVE A ROCK THROW AN ION!!!!!

And so it was dubbed, "Tac-Wannabe"

Dend78
10-24-2007, 12:22 PM
more like shat-wunnabe :spit_take

ThePixelGuru
10-24-2007, 02:43 PM
If my poo had been squished through a Play-Dough mold, it'd look like the the Ion XE.
If my poo had a lousy body kit, it'd look like the Vibe.
If my poo had a silver coating, it'd look like the EOS.
If my poo had tac rails, it'd look like the SP1.

Can't wait until I'm old and I get to force everyone to listen to me talk about my bowel movements.

ProblemKinder
10-24-2007, 03:36 PM
* Bolt-Out-Back design makes this Ion easier to maintain than ever before. One allen wrench is all that is needed to remove the bolt sleeve, bolt and bolt stop from the rear of the marker, providing complete access to the entire bolt and valve assembly in seconds.

I can't wait till spart parts somehow gets a patent on that design that somehow predates the automag and takes AGD for all their money.

tech-chan
10-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Wan't the automag first? :ninja:

mostpeople
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM

I can't wait till spart parts somehow gets a patent on that design that somehow predates the automag and takes AGD for all their money.

Precisely what I said...

Spread the word guys.. we need to stop these a-holes and the only way to do it is to vote with our wallets and educate new players!

mostpeople
10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Sp-1-$150

A fresh take on tactical. With its military styling and ultra rugged lightweight construction, the SP-1 is built for speed and made to last.

Features:

Mil-spec accessory rails at every angle and integrated mount points for a stock, the SP-1 is ready for a limitless variety of accessories.
Equipped with an integrated tactical flashlight mount right below the barrel, which accepts inexpensive focused beam flashlights at a fraction of the cost of expensive tactical flashlights.
Low pressure electropneumatic operation replaces the outdated spring and hammer designs that power competing tactical markers, and allows the SP-1 to deliver a fast , accurate and quiet hailstorm of paint.
Weight (marker only): 2 lbs. 6 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 12.5 in.
Semi auto firing mode
Field legal mode lock
Standard ASA included
One piece 10 inch barrel

Did anybody notice this?

Someone needs to *not buy one* but get their hands on it and see how it works...

Whatever you do dont buy it though

Spider-TW
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
educate new players!

I certainly vote for that. Junk is junk. At first $150 doesn't seem bad for the amount of junk on an SP-1, profit margin-wise, but;

1) no eyes
2) semi auto only
3) field legal lock of what?
4) single trigger (good luck making that 11bps hailstorm of paint).

Ok, so the price is too high for a plastic body and a cheap solenoid valve, and it's not as good as a $70 piranha or refurb cocker. We just need to help people see the junk for what it is.

If you're going to buy Sino-Plastic markers, there are a lot more to chose from. And that applies all the way up the line of markers.

punkncat
10-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Well aside from all the knee jerk SP haters....

I like the Ion redesign. Think it looks pretty good. SP and Dyes partnership is most definatly showing in SP's guns at the very least.
Given the name that SP has with the uninformed PB crowd I would be willing to say that most of those will sell like hotcakes.

I know that a buddy of mine got an SP8 a while back, and with the long barrel and shroud I got shot with it a hell of a lot more than I would like to admit. Its just too dang quiet. It has never failed him either.

J.James
10-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Is it just me or have they intentionally made it now so you have to buy a space gun to get vision and more than 1 mode of fire ? Why would you buy an ion w/out either one , I thought that was the whole idea . Entry level tournement marker w/ selectable modes of fire and break beam eyes . Could have sworn that was their big push when it came out origanally . I'm too lazy to try an find an old ad .

Anjin3515
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I think the Vibe actually looks better then the Ion.
Of course thats like saying sort of like saying a Rosie O'Donnell is better looking then Roseanne Barr......I think i just threw up in my mouth..... :tard:

Dend78
10-25-2007, 08:35 AM
and a guy actually had the nerve to call me out on PBN saying "but you support other companies who patent their stuff?" well yeah i have to because if they dont put a patent on it SP will

Mr Gardener can you show me all of the componets that you designed, uhhh ummm welll no :rofl:

Paintslinger99
10-25-2007, 08:51 AM
is it just me or are those all just ions........................... when was the last time sp came out with a new gun? (and i mean gun not rendition of the same thing) like 1990?

Papa_Smurf
10-25-2007, 08:54 AM
If my poo had been squished through a Play-Dough mold, it'd look like the the Ion XE.
If my poo had a lousy body kit, it'd look like the Vibe.
If my poo had a silver coating, it'd look like the EOS.
If my poo had tac rails, it'd look like the SP1.

Can't wait until I'm old and I get to force everyone to listen to me talk about my bowel movements.

:clap:

Spider-TW
10-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Well aside from all the knee jerk SP haters....
Was I wearing a bulls-eye? I've been gogged.

Design-wise I rarely care how good or bad is a product or its price. The market usually separates these things out. The patent business bothers me, but mainly I hate the hype.

That's mainly the focus of my comments above. I remember when SP only sold parts that were "better" than everyone else. Then came the smart-mag and the hype continues on. I didn't like it then and don't like it now. I admired Tippmann for sticking to their design philosophy, and even the SP licensing Bob Long Intimidators were always advertised at 26 bps max, not 40 cps or up to 30 bps or whatever. They generally stuck to the facts. There's selling and there's hype. SP always goes that extra inch. I have to give them good looking products and hard selling.

So, yes it is a knee jerk reaction. I wish it would go away, one way or the other.

:cheers:

More beer maybe...

punkncat
10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Was I wearing a bulls-eye? I've been gogged.

:cheers:

More beer maybe...

I wasn't specifically trying to point you out. There are just lots of people who wouldn't give the product any kind of fair chance simply because its SP. I don't care for SP's practices either, but they are making some products that steer the market.

ThePixelGuru
10-25-2007, 03:31 PM
To be fair, the EOS doesn't look that bad. I'd still buy a Mini instead, though. It's not that all these markers suck, it's just that for the same price range I can find a comparable marker that will probably last you at least 2x-3x as long. That, and comparing them to my feces amuses me. :D

lather
10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
11 bps? Could Smart Parts be trying to reverse the trend towards insane rof?

B-Pow
10-25-2007, 04:41 PM
To be fair, the EOS doesn't look that bad. I'd still buy a Mini instead, though. It's not that all these markers suck, it's just that for the same price range I can find a comparable marker that will probably last you at least 2x-3x as long. That, and comparing them to my feces amuses me. :D

I think you comparing them to your feces amuses most of us. It made me snicker.

Scott Hudnall
10-25-2007, 07:35 PM
11 bps? Could Smart Parts be trying to reverse the trend towards insane rof?

lower ROF and anti-chop low impact bolt would make for little, if any, chops, even when using just a Revvy.

But, there's the upgrade aspect, too. throw in another $100 or so to upgrade the board for higher ROF and tournament modes.