PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Luke's Warp Bracket? How is it?

matteusz
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I need a new bracket for a warp feed and I am thinking of Luke's. Just wondering what input you all have. Does it work well? How is the balance? Is the warp nicer to carry when centered more?

Thanks in advance. Pics would be great.
Mat

Chaos_Theory!
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I had one of the rear mount warp brackets from luke and it worked well. If you like warp feeds id say its worth it. I personally hated my warp setup, it added a ton of weight and puts the marker off balance.

91Foxtrot
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I have one. I think it is great (when my warp is working). It moves the warp back a bit, so when I use a mid-size drop and a 68/4500 tank it makes a tight little package. I don't feel like I am reaching around the warp when I grab the foregrip.

I will try to put together a marker with it on and take some photos.

matteusz
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
I have one. I think it is great (when my warp is working). It moves the warp back a bit, so when I use a mid-size drop and a 68/4500 tank it makes a tight little package. I don't feel like I am reaching around the warp when I grab the foregrip.

I will try to put together a marker with it on and take some photos.

That would be great. I am particularly interested in the balance and the grip issues. Mostly I want my hopper off the gun but I want to find a way for it to be comfortable. Maybe I will mount it inline with the gun and below it.

Freebird
10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
That would be great. I am particularly interested in the balance and the grip issues. Mostly I want my hopper off the gun but I want to find a way for it to be comfortable. Maybe I will mount it inline with the gun and below it.
i custom made a bracket out of some aluminum that made the warp up by the foregrip and more centered, it required me to drill a hole through my hopper to run the hose up though. Ive had enough of fussing with the warp though, No matter where you sitck it its still kind of awkward. im gonna try a Q loader

ThePixelGuru
10-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Warp balance is never great. If I'd stuck with mine, I'd probably have gotten a luke bracket, though. Seemed like a better position. Also, inline and below? Stack two VL200s under your marker and see how that looks. Not exactly a great setup, IMHO. If you're worried about that, go Q. Just read your flippin' instructions or you'll end up as another Q-hatin' zombie.

punkncat
10-25-2007, 05:43 AM
I used one of his older style brackets and loved it. It was far superior to the stock "plate" position.

best pic I can do...
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/674767/warppics005(Small).jpg

91Foxtrot
10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Well, I couldn't find the drop I normally use, so I put on a slightly bigger one. The smaller one was sized just right that the setup would stand up straight on the bottom of the warp and the tank. This one puts the tank about 1 ULE body lower (and a bit further forward).

Also keep in mind that you can flip the bracket and it will put the warp about 0.75" - 1" further forward than shown in these photos.

Here There Be Photos! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/88904198@N00/sets/72157602700299391/)

matteusz
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I am thinking offset tank on one side warp on the other. Balance each other out that way. Will post pics when I get it together. Any more suggestions would be nice as I will be a while getting this built.