PDA

View Full Version : Pump Kit --- Is there any interest?

RogueFactor
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Ive considered doing a pump kit, and offering it with or without the pump rail. I figure, some people dont have pump rails...so what good is having a kit without one.

Without the rail, Id like to sell for sub-$150. Maybe cheaper if there is enough interest. With a rail(ULE of course), Id like to stay sub-$200.

Is there any interest for something like this?

tech-chan
10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I personally am not intersted in a pump kit for a mag, when I can get a phantom for the price of the pump kit. I think thats awesome if you can do it, but I'm not interested.
More power to you man! :headbang:

robnix
10-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Ive considered doing a pump kit, and offering it with or without the pump rail. I figure, some people dont have pump rails...so what good is having a kit without one.

Without the rail, Id like to sell for sub-$150. Maybe cheaper if there is enough interest. With a rail(ULE of course), Id like to stay sub-$200.

Is there any interest for something like this?

If you offered one a rail that was bolt on I'd be interested depending on the how and who for the body modification.

Smoothice
10-24-2007, 05:05 PM
I think jay4567(?) just accepted payment for his pump kits a few weeks ago. I think he got like 20-30 orders.

I have a feeling that ate up a good portion of the interest for more pump kits.

Good luck as I know people really like the quality of product you put out and I'm sure there will be some people interested.

PBChappy
10-24-2007, 05:06 PM
i preorder one of jays pump kits now what i do need is a rail and a body that is milled for a pump and i know maybe some of the others that got into jay's preorder will need rails and bodies aswell

BigEvil
10-24-2007, 05:21 PM
i preorder one of jays pump kits now what i do need is a rail and a body that is milled for a pump and i know maybe some of the others that got into jay's preorder will need rails and bodies aswell

Since there are no pump rails or bodies readily available, if you have ones that need modification I already have spoken to Rainman222 on MCB. He can handle them for you.

mr doo doo
10-24-2007, 05:24 PM
too bad his CNC is down :( good luck Rogue if you are going to produce kits :)

RogueFactor
10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I think jay4567(?) just accepted payment for his pump kits a few weeks ago. I think he got like 20-30 orders.

Good luck as I know people really like the quality of product you put out and I'm sure there will be some people interested.

I had been contacted by quite a few that said if they came with rails, theyd be interested. And that because they didnt come with rails, they didnt join in the pre-order.

And since interest comes and goes, having something like this a normal stock item works for me---if the interest is there.

That might be possible. Lets see what kind of interest we get.

TnDeathInc
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
yall relly walk all over each other huh?

RogueFactor
10-24-2007, 05:41 PM

Huh?

robnix
10-24-2007, 05:53 PM
I had been contacted by quite a few that said if they came with rails, theyd be interested. And that because they didnt come with rails, they didnt join in the pre-order.

And since interest comes and goes, having something like this a normal stock item works for me---if the interest is there.

Thinking about this some more:

Classic Pro Body + AM Rail + Pump Kit would be great. If I could drop in my choice of frame and valve, I'd seriously consider it.

manwe33
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Shadow pump rail, Exile pump Body, plus pump kit. I think that would be so sick. I would pick on up for sure. maybe even your special xvalve i keep hearing about and a nice single frame. maybe a ULE 15 round body. I like it. :headbang:

Loguzzzzzz
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I would be interested in one. I have been wanting a Pumpmag to complete my mag collection.

Count me in!
:hail:

:cheers:

Papa_Smurf
10-24-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd need a few.

SN toter
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
yes, if it came with a rail I would be interested indeed.

koleah
10-24-2007, 06:26 PM
:ninja: Could we get a sluggo pump handle?

Papa_Smurf
10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
would you do ULE bodies for the kits?

Smoothice
10-24-2007, 06:29 PM

I think that is great idea. :cheers:

Empyreal Rogue
10-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Simply put:

Yes.

LegumeOfTerror
10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
ill take one.

Chaos_Theory!
10-24-2007, 07:09 PM
For the cost of building or buying a pump mag or even a kit to make a mag pump you can buy a pump cocker or phantom and have cash left over. IMO its just not worth it.

mr doo doo
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
if you are a die-hard mag owner, its worth it :)

RogueFactor
10-24-2007, 07:33 PM
For the cost of building or buying a pump mag or even a kit to make a mag pump you can buy a pump cocker or phantom and have cash left over. IMO its just not worth it.

While I know where you are coming from, also realize Ive met folks that put $500+ into their Phantoms. So it is really all perspective. If youre going to drop $500 into a marker, you can easily get a pump mag. And frankly, mags look better. :clap:

Chronobreak
10-24-2007, 09:04 PM

I think hes reffering to someone else who took the leap to make these to answer the demand, is still working hard on them and once again your asking for itnerest on a project someone is already handling, or atleast attempting to.

itd be nice if you let jay handle it or atleast try and get the kits going, hes a fairly new AO/agd dealer and itd be nice if we encouraged the newcomers to do things and not overtake their project.

just seems like this is happening alot, and i know im not the only one that notices

Bartman
10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Great idea, but for the 150 range I will just make one for my self. go for it man, your good at getting stuff made everybody wants, or dosn't know they need yet.

Bartman

Freebird
10-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Well if you'd really want to meet the masses, produce bodies and rails, and let jay do the pump kits themselves. He's clearly doing well as far as that goes. But the truth is people are going to need rails and bodies. Jay's got his pump kits pretty well laid out as you can see here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220187
And he has the intrest. I think that you should concentrate on making rails and bodies so people who want a "bolt together pump mag" can buy the rail and body from you, and the kit from jay, Its a win win AO situation.

RogueFactor
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I think hes reffering to someone else who took the leap to make these to answer the demand, is still working hard on them and once again your asking for itnerest on a project someone is already handling, or atleast attempting to.

Jay and I already spoke about this long ago. I held off from doing pump kits so that he could do his. Now that he has taken his orders and deposits, I can proceed to do what I had originally intended.

Some of my customers had asked for a pump kit available with rails and/or bodies without having to send it out as a service. Something you cant get elsewhere. So Im seeing if there is still interest for them or if Jay got everybody.

itd be nice if you let jay handle it or atleast try and get the kits going, hes a fairly new AO/agd dealer and itd be nice if we encouraged the newcomers to do things and not overtake their project.

As smoothice stated, Jay just took his payments for those who wanted his kits. So nobody is overtaking his project.

So what you suggest is just silly. Thats like saying Ford shouldnt make SUV's because Chevy is. More choices is always better for everyone.

There are plenty of projects, with Jay and others, that Ive held back so that new dealers can do their thing.

Loguzzzzzz
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
What is wrong with having two sources for great products that people want. I for one welcome a choice.

Just because one supplier makes something doesn't mean the others have to sit and watch.

From what I have seen there has been a good level of respect between the different suppliers.

Do you think Ford asks Chevy to wait for their new truck to come out before they release theirs?

mr doo doo
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
if only i knew this was going to come with a body and rail... but its all good. its AGD quality stuff :clap:

Beemer
10-24-2007, 10:55 PM

Be more informed before you make comments like this.

just seems like this is happening alot, and i know im not the only one that notices

See above.

Jay and I already spoke about this long ago.

Doh

More choices is always better for everyone

Its a win win AO situation

Some dont get it.

Anjin3515
10-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Sometimes I have to wonder if people jump on Rogue because its Rogue???

From all that I have seen.... Rogue is VERY considerate and conscious of the other dealers here.

ThePixelGuru
10-25-2007, 04:45 AM
That'd be cool as a stock item. No money for it right now, but it'd be awesome to pump-er-ize my Classic once I get my ULE 'mag assembled... I'd want to do my Minimag, but I could never cut into that thing, kinda sentimental at this point. Maybe I'll buy a Minimag body at some point, do that. Pump Minimags are just cool lookin'.

And sort of on topic, I've been wondering this for a while: how long is the stroke on a pump 'mag? Seems like it shouldn't be too long since you're just unsticking the bolt (not much travel), but the arm seems like it'd have to get out of the way of the bolt when the marker cycles (much more travel).

Also, OMGOMGROGUECANTDOPUMPKITSBECAUSEJAYSDOINGTHEMHESTH ENEXTSMARTPARTSORSOMETHING. :ninja: A Prozac salesman could make a mint in this place if only you folks would stop buying 'mag parts long enough to afford the pills.

pyrodragon
10-25-2007, 05:21 AM
i like the idea that Rogue has about keeping them as stock. Jay is a great person but he makes his run of things and that's it. Jay is more custom work then anything. his Cripple Z and trigger was an idea i have shopped around to Rogue Rainman and Jay. only Jay would do it. I like having that option. no hard feeling Rogue or Rainman. Rogue carries Automag parts and such and has the overhead to do so unlike Jay. on another note, if Rogue and Jay have talked about it, then it's a little hard to undercut him for the reasoning that they both knew. just my 2 cents. Rogue build them, they will come.

Arstron
10-25-2007, 08:16 AM
I will stick with jays pump kit, but I am currious, what will your pump handles be made of?

RogueFactor
10-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I will stick with jays pump kit, but I am currious, what will your pump handles be made of?

Nobody was asking you not to stick with the pump kit you already have. Its my understanding you got it in trade for the shirts you did for him.

To answer your question, I had always wanted to do them in delrin. Aluminum, IMO, adds unnecessary weight. But, if the customer overwhelmingly wanted aluminum, there is no reason why I wouldnt consider it.

doc_Zox
10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
They maybe expensive
but they are quite sexy:
http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox/PB/pumpmag.jpg
this one sold on MCB last week

the question is how many mag pumpers are in the market at any moment?

the rail mod looks pretty easy with the proper jig I could prolly mill it on my drill press
http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/automag/index.html
http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/automag/railpumpspecs.gif

Arstron
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Nobody was asking you not to stick with the pump kit you already have. Its my understanding you got it in trade for the shirts you did for him.

I was planning on getting one before the trade, none of which has any effect on what parts I buy. I have an automag sitting here waiting on a pump kit to finish it off. If I wanted to buy one of your kits and build a second pump mag, I could, however I would rather purchase a second kit from jay. You asked for opinions to see who would be interested or not. I simply was posting my opinion that I am not interested in one of your kits. I commend Jay for taking the plunge and doing this, instead of sitting back and telling people "if there was enough interest, someone else would of done it a long time ago" which I was told by you a year or so ago. :cheers:

RogueFactor
10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
I was planning on getting one before the trade, none of which has any effect on what parts I buy. I have an automag sitting here waiting on a pump kit to finish it off. If I wanted to buy one of your kits and build a second pump mag, I could, however I would rather purchase a second kit from jay.

Lots of folks could, but not everyone will if they want a whole package with rail and body included and it isnt offered.

Glad to hear you still are shooting a mag, and havent converted completely to the Fusion. Sounds like Jay has another purchase---YOU WANT 2! Thats good news, next time I speak to Jay I will let him know.

You asked for opinions to see who would be interested or not. I simply was posting my opinion that I am not interested in one of your kits. I commend Jay for taking the plunge and doing this, instead of sitting back and telling people "if there was enough interest, someone else would of done it a long time ago" which I was told by you a year or so ago. :cheers:

Yep, I too commend Jay. As previously stated, him and I spoke with regards to pump kits "a long time ago" and I had planned on doing them but held off since he was already in progress. So that 'someone else' was me. :cheers:

Loguzzzzzz
10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I was planning on getting one before the trade, none of which has any effect on what parts I buy. I have an automag sitting here waiting on a pump kit to finish it off. If I wanted to buy one of your kits and build a second pump mag, I could, however I would rather purchase a second kit from jay. You asked for opinions to see who would be interested or not. I simply was posting my opinion that I am not interested in one of your kits. I commend Jay for taking the plunge and doing this, instead of sitting back and telling people "if there was enough interest, someone else would of done it a long time ago" which I was told by you a year or so ago. :cheers:
Interest could easily be judged by the amount of postive feedback, a non-response would be considered neutral or no interest.

It really doesn't matter who you buy a first or second kit from. It is your choice and I am sure that the only people who care is you and the person you buy them from.

It is really very simple. If you have no interst in a RPG pump kit then ignore the thread.

This is different then a "what to you think of this new product" thread to gauge interest. It was really only intended to see if there were people (outside of the 30 or so that signed up for Jay's kits) who are still intersted in building a pump mag that, for some reason didn't get in on Jay's pre-order.

Jay's kits were pre-orders that are presumably paid for so this would not have any impact on his run of pump kits.

Good luck finding a rail and / or body.

At least if the RPG kit are available those who are intersted will not have to guess where to get the other pieces.

Smoothice
10-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I had heard that rrfireblade was going to do some pump kits as well.

This is great news for us mag shooters. The more options the better.

Anyone who makes mag products is great in my opinion :hail:

Arstron
10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Lots of folks could, but not everyone will if they want a whole package with rail and body included and it isnt offered.

Glad to hear you still are shooting a mag, and havent converted completely to the Fusion. Sounds like Jay has another purchase---YOU WANT 2! Thats good news, next time I speak to Jay I will let him know.

My previous pump rail was milled by a guy on here, warpedmephisto I belive is his username. That wasnt to expensive at all. You can also find pump milled rails and bodys on AO still, I have sold a couple of pump milled bodys and rails my self. I personally would rather have somone milling customers bodys and rails rather then have one body and rail design, but thats just me.

Since this is the assuming game, perhaps its ok for me to assume that for $150 you will be including pump milled dallara bodys and rails with your pump kits? If so I might consider one of yours as well and have 3! As for my fusions, I do have 3 fusions, one is on its way back to me from an ao member that backed out of a deal, another is at a mfg. getting fitted for new parts, and the third is nothing but a show queen. I still have my share of mags and will never get rid of all of them.

Yep, I too commend Jay. As previously stated, him and I spoke with regards to pump kits "a long time ago" and I had planned on doing them but held off since he was already in progress. So that 'someone else' was me. :cheers:

That all makes perfect since, except for the fact when I talked to you, jay hadn't even announced that he was going to be making parts. Why don't you try working on your products and getting them released instead of trying to win online arguments. You asked for opinions and you are getting them. Was there interest, yes, however with 32 people already buying jays pump kits the interest will not be nearly as high as it would have.

Mayzons
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
I would be interested in a body and rail if possible

Arstron
10-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Interest could easily be judged by the amount of postive feedback, a non-response would be considered neutral or no interest.

It really doesn't matter who you buy a first or second kit from. It is your choice and I am sure that the only people who care is you and the person you buy them from.

It is really very simple. If you have no interst in a RPG pump kit then ignore the thread.

This is different then a "what to you think of this new product" thread to gauge interest. It was really only intended to see if there were people (outside of the 30 or so that signed up for Jay's kits) who are still intersted in building a pump mag that, for some reason didn't get in on Jay's pre-order.

Jay's kits were pre-orders that are presumably paid for so this would not have any impact on his run of pump kits.

Good luck finding a rail and / or body.

At least if the RPG kit are available those who are intersted will not have to guess where to get the other pieces.

My original post was to ask what type of material his kits was going to be made of, I mentioned that I was sticking with jays kit so that he wouldn't count that post as interest, I never intended to post another word in this thread until I read rogues replys. :cheers:

RogueFactor
10-25-2007, 11:41 AM
That all makes perfect since, except for the fact when I talked to you, jay hadn't even announced that he was going to be making parts.
That makes all perfect sense, except for the fact that you arent told everything.

Why don't you try working on your products and getting them released instead of trying to win online arguments.
Its you in my thread. Your opinion has been stated. So unless you have something new, go somewhere else to win online arguements.

Lee
10-25-2007, 03:31 PM
a complete kit (pump kit, rail and ule body) would interest me greatly.

Rudz
10-25-2007, 04:07 PM
ule pumpmag rails??? :headbang: acrylic pump handles?

AGDRetro
10-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't need the rail or body, but a Delrin version as you are talking about... count me in!

splat15k
10-26-2007, 09:41 PM
A pump kit from Rogue!? I'm all for it! :headbang:

Rudz
10-26-2007, 09:59 PM
coming soon :hail:

doc_Zox
10-27-2007, 08:32 AM
well that original rail & pumpkit sold yesterday on ebay
at a slight profit above original pricing...
Winning bid: US $306.00
:rolleyes:

the question is what's the practical pricepoint today for a kit?

pump milled body (http://cgi.ebay.com/AGD-Pump-Kit-automag-minimag-rare-oldschool-pump_W0QQitemZ300162998672QQihZ020QQcategoryZ36285 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

rail & pump kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/CHROME-MINIMAG-AGD-PUMP-MAG-BODY-Automag-Paintball-Gun_W0QQitemZ160125975946QQihZ006QQcategoryZ47241Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem)

Add up the above and aquire a L10 valve and a grip frame and a barrel
and we have a 500 - 600 dollar pump mag

thats a tad dear...

MANN
10-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Add up the above and aquire a L10 valve and a grip frame and a barrel
and we have a 500 - 600 dollar pump mag

Typically you dont use L10 on a pump. At least I never did. I do agree that 500 is steep for a stock pump automag. 2-250 I think would be fair (for a complete package).

Rudz
10-27-2007, 08:40 AM
pump mags cant use lvl 10, they leak

Spduca
10-27-2007, 11:15 AM
pump mags cant use lvl 10, they leak
I guess there is a thread about that it can be done.

It would be really cool and sleak a milled rail with an integrated agd pump kit.

Angel

kevdupuis
10-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd be interested in a couple of pump kits, sans rails.

Spduca
10-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I want one!
Count me in ...... !

Angel

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-29-2007, 01:03 PM
I think you doing a pump kit that is a stock item and not a pre-order limited run item, wile risky, would be a great idea. People are always building new projects.

Now I think if you were to sell a complete gun, ready to play, with the other products you have out (i.e. shadow rails and pariah bodies) would be great. I'm sure there are people out there who would love to have a pump mag but are not interested in finding all the different parts from different locations. Especially if you were able to sell the complete pump mag at a lower cost than trying to piece one together.

I don't think you and Jay both producing pump kits would be a bad thing at all; honestly I think it would help you both. Like it was already said, a lot of Jay's products are more custom in nature. So if you create an AGD spec pump kit that is always available, it would not affect Jay's ability to produce pump kits with a different design.

All in all, I think it would be great Rouge. I do not have the funds to get a pump kit from you at this time. However, having 2 of Jay's kits would not stop me from buying one of your in the future. Hell if you sold complete ULE pump mags I would most likely pick one up at some point. :cheers:

Dend78
10-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I agree with groovy a nice shadow rail, pariah body, chimera frame, delrin pump'ed mag would be a stellar build :wow:

also yes i think pump kits in stock would be a good idea, they may not fly off the shelves at a steady rate but i know they would be moving off and on.

siloseven
10-29-2007, 02:27 PM
I would be interested as well. I miss having a pump and want one bad and don't want to give up shooting a mag. I'm all in.

cyrus-the-virus
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
welll... jay is already making a run of pump kits... I think it would be nice to see some already modified body's and rails to accept them.