PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ?

LouieAngles
01-12-2002, 03:43 PM
ok should i get a 98 flatline or a TL lus:confused:

pito189
01-12-2002, 03:44 PM
I would go with the TL plus, just by the fact that if you want to upgrade it is much easier with a spyder. Tippmans are solid guns though.

personman
01-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Screw those guns, get a mag! I used to have a 98, It was pretty cool, but its nothing compared to the mag I got for X-Mas. If you have enough for a Flatline, save up for a mag! I swear the mag is the best thing since TVs!

FooTemps
01-12-2002, 03:51 PM
It's ok... I'm a newb and I'm gettin a mag...

Ov3rmind
01-12-2002, 03:53 PM
I think he's talking about the Flatline barrel. The barrel plus the gun would be about $225, which last time I checked, was not enough for a complete Mag (just enough for a Classic, but you still need a barrel and bottomline, which would add up). My vote goes for the Spyder though.

paintballrulzs
01-12-2002, 03:54 PM
used mags r like 200 with barrel and everything

personman
01-12-2002, 03:55 PM
I would get the flatline, and I said SAVE UP for a mag, not just buy one.

FooTemps
01-12-2002, 04:06 PM
If you can't afford the mag go for the Spyder TL+. It will break you into paintballing easier because the spyder will resemble a mag more...

FeelTheRT
01-12-2002, 05:18 PM
Mags are THE entery level guns. Newbies can't go wrong with a Mag.

diehard
01-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Go with the Tippmann... Spyders suck. I used to own a Java Edition TL+, I hated it. I was ok if I was playing in the woods, but for tournament play is most the biggest POS that I've ever played with. Tippmanns are much more reliable and I like their triggers better. I perfer the double trigger, but Tippmann's single shoots nicer than any spyder's double I've ever tried. I ended up giving my TL away, cause I disliked it so much!

FeelTheRT
01-12-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by diehard
Go with the Tippmann... Spyders suck. I used to own a Java Edition TL+, I hated it. I was ok if I was playing in the woods, but for tournament play is most the biggest POS that I've ever played with. Tippmanns are much more reliable and I like their triggers better. I perfer the double trigger, but Tippmann's single shoots nicer than any spyder's double I've ever tried. I ended up giving my TL away, cause I disliked it so much!

Tippmanns and Spyders are the same. Both are blowback semis and function exacly identical if you look past the outside body design.

Like i stated before, i still think Mags are hte best newb level guns.

diehard
01-13-2002, 09:10 AM
I would have to agree with FeelTheRT on this one... get the mag. Should be more consistant and outlast both the tippmann and the spyder. But if it's a choice between the Tippmann and the Spyder... Get the Tippman.
Also, get HPA (<i>High Pressure Air</i>) instead of CO2. It costs just a little bit more, but it makes a huge difference. You can pick up a 48/3000 tank at action village for $70. You get about 500 shots out of it. If you shoot more, get the 68ci for $110. It's well worth the $$ to have HPA instead of CO2.

http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-gas-systems-nitrogen-systems-pmi-nitrogen-systems.html

LouieAngles
01-13-2002, 09:24 AM
ok thanks all of you for your voices. im proabaly getting the TL PLus