PDA

View Full Version : Tac- one locks up?!!?!

jade_monkey07
10-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Iv had my tac one for almost a year now, and iv put more then 35 cases through it. it was beautifully tuned all summer.
the last few times out its started to not shoot once in a while, usually letting the trigger "flick" back out would solve the problem but now its stopped firing all together. pulling the trigger wont reset it, i still feel pressure behind the trigger, but it never "clicks" back into place

this may be a seperate issue but something i noticed over the summer is the trigger getting more and more sensitive without me changing the shims in my ult.

tac-one
Xvalve
Ult (1shim)
maxflo adj set at 800psi

iv tried a bunch of things, but nothing is fixing it.
any ideas oh wise and mighty AO??

Spider-TW
10-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Tried a new bolt spring? 35 cases is a fair amount.

jade_monkey07
10-25-2007, 05:22 PM
OK one problem solved...apparently my hands can tighten the rear screw too tight :P it shoots now.

But as for that second thing...why would it get more sensitive as time goes?
i used to use 4 shims in my ult. now i have 1 shim and can pretty much blow on the trigger to make it shoot
any ideas?

Coralis
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
The orings in the on/off section are getting wore down so they dont have alot of friction on the on/off pin would be my guess

jade_monkey07
10-25-2007, 10:26 PM
thats a good theory, but i seem to remember changing them recently
although i could be mixing it up with someone elses ult i was tuning

Spider-TW
10-26-2007, 08:01 AM
The orings in the on/off section are getting wore down so they dont have alot of friction on the on/off pin would be my guess
That certainly helps, but the description sounds like there may be more with the reduction of shims and the sensitivity to the frame screw tightness.

Does the sear tip and bolt lip still look good? And is the bottom of your on/off pin not worn down (you can check the total length) ? If those are good, I guess you can be careful with your frame screw and enjoy. :shooting:

jade_monkey07
10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
all the parts look good, nothing is worn out, the pin length is still the same as a new one.

Freebird
10-27-2007, 01:08 AM
you wont be able to tell if the ult o rings are warn out from visual inspection. It seems to me that is your problem. 35 cases is alot on one set of rings. also have you changed the type of oil you were using? some orings get used to one type of oil and change a little tiny bit when a different oil is used.