PDA

View Full Version : PESKY LEAK>>>PLEASE HELP

tech506
10-25-2007, 11:22 PM
ok, i'm not overly familiar with the inner workings of my minimag, so perhaps all you good people could help me. i've got a minimag w/ a level 10, Y-frame, freak twist-lock- at times when it first airs up there is a slight leak (not sure if down the barrel) but it sometimes goes away if i fire the marker a few times. sometimes the leak is constant, and i've noticed that if i giggle the barrel it will either increase/decrease the leak, or cause it to leak if it hadn't been. is it possible that the barrel is hitting something and causing a valve to open?

i have a parts kit, but have always been fearful of tearing into to it too much as i've been led to believe that the level 10 is sensitive and fine-tuned, and would hate to screw it up :cry:

speaking of the level 10, my foamie finally fell off- i tried to order some from the AGD online store, but the only options for shipping were WAY too much (and way too quick- i don't need it overnighted to me lol). any other source for foamies? thanks for your help:)

Spider-TW
10-26-2007, 08:16 AM
1) sounds like you need new orings on your twistlock barrel.

2) it's time to start watching the Level 10 tuning videos. One thing that may buy you a little time and won't be a waste either way; disassemble the level 10, put some synthetic oring grease on the oring IN the carrier and on the oring ON the carrier and re-assemble exactly as you found it. When you do that, remove the oring that is IN the carrier, wipe clean both parts, grease the oring and put the SAME oring back where you found it. It's a good practice run.

The power tube tip doesn't have to be very tight; remember, it's brass so don't put it on with a big wrench.

Try themagsmith.com (http://www.themagsmith.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=68) for foamies.

SR_matt
10-28-2007, 12:50 PM
tuning a lvl x is rather intimidating at first but once you do it you go "hmmm that wasnt hard, sweet". after the oring swap on the barrel if that still doesnt stop the leak all the way you might need a new carrier oring or a different size carrier. ive been getting a leak like that a little bit lately (given lately is me airing up my gun and dry firing it cause i havent gotten to play since april) but it seems oil and shooting a few times to make sure everything seats right fixes it so if you havent oiled it lately do that first

-matt

tech506
11-04-2007, 11:38 AM
is DOW 55 acceptable? i've switched to a ULE body, so the issue w/ the leak caused by the barrel is gone; however, there is still a slight leak that seems connected to me moving the trigger slightly- possible on/off issue? again, any info would be appreciated. thanks!

Coralis
11-04-2007, 12:54 PM
sounds like you might need to go down one carrier size on your level 10 and perhaps change the orings in the top of the on/off

athomas
11-04-2007, 07:39 PM
is DOW 55 acceptable?

..... however, there is still a slight leak that seems connected to me moving the trigger slightly- possible on/off issue? again, any info would be appreciated. thanks!

Don't use Dow 55. It is too thick for the mag.

A leak caused by moving the trigger slightly, means you have too many shims in the powertube. Remove one and you should be fine.