PDA

View Full Version : Ballers all around us

Tractorpull
10-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Funny story,
I hurt my shoulder at work a while ago. Kinda bummer. I work in the oilfield so me not being able to fulfill my normal duties equals a cut in my wages. Now, I decided to go to the doctor since I didn't feel it was worth hurting it worse. Turned out it was just a wicked bit of tendonitis and with a bit of rest I was feeling allright. Only a week of light duty, which I could afford. I went to the doctor though, to make sure it wasn't something major. Well I showed up wearing my PBStar shirt and Empire Hat. I told my doctor that I had been moving stuff from our old shop to our new shop and probably hurt it doing that. My doctor then asked me, and I quote "Well, did you play this weekend?"
I replied, "Played what....oh wait, you mean paintball?"
"Yeah, I just want to make sure you didn't land on it [my shoulder] wrong diving into snake or something"
It was pretty cool, turns out he played pretty regularly at another field nearby. Pretty cool doctor in my opinion.

Paintball is all around us!!!! :clap:

ThePixelGuru
10-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Hah! That's awesome... Paintball playing doctors. Apparently "do no harm" doesn't include welts! :rofl:

punkncat
10-27-2007, 05:04 AM
I am not suprized given that in the beginning only people who were well to do could afford to play the sport.

Hope your shoulder heals well.

tribalman
10-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Funny story,
I hurt my shoulder at work a while ago. Kinda bummer. I work in the oilfield so me not being able to fulfill my normal duties equals a cut in my wages. Now, I decided to go to the doctor since I didn't feel it was worth hurting it worse. Turned out it was just a wicked bit of tendonitis and with a bit of rest I was feeling allright. Only a week of light duty, which I could afford. I went to the doctor though, to make sure it wasn't something major. Well I showed up wearing my PBStar shirt and Empire Hat. I told my doctor that I had been moving stuff from our old shop to our new shop and probably hurt it doing that. My doctor then asked me, and I quote "Well, did you play this weekend?"
I replied, "Played what....oh wait, you mean paintball?"
"Yeah, I just want to make sure you didn't land on it [my shoulder] wrong diving into snake or something"
It was pretty cool, turns out he played pretty regularly at another field nearby. Pretty cool doctor in my opinion.

Paintball is all around us!!!! :clap:

i like how he assumes you might have been diving into the snake. always the snake. never the left 40 can or some such. lol. hope you heal well.

Warwitch
10-27-2007, 08:32 AM
i like how he assumes you might have been diving into the snake. always the snake. never the left 40 can or some such.

Or tripping over a dorito stake :argh:

mr doo doo
10-27-2007, 06:33 PM
hahahaha, wow, that is pretty cool! too bad all the doctors around me are old :rolleyes: ... well, you never know i guess.

Tractorpull
10-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Or tripping over a dorito stake :argh:

Oh I am the king of doing stupid stuff like that. I tried going to the 50 on break one game and while I made it over there, I tripped right in front of the bunker. I spun backwards in mid fall and landed square on my pack and my head made a profound *THUNK* on the back of the wooden bunker. I broke 2 pods in my pack and pretty woozy, but I still managed to pull myself together and shoot some before I got hit. Lol when I got up I noticed all the paint I was kneeling in and oh hey, that piece of pod looks like it came from one of mine...........

Lomarandil
10-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Yup, we've got a local team here of doctors (called Bad Medicine).. they are really handy to have around, we've had a few sprains and broken ankles recently, (people trying to slide when they haven't learned good form), and they just jump in and help out till someone on duty arrives.
Lo