PDA

View Full Version : Droid Pics, Vids and Info

Chaos_Theory!
10-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Im not sure if you guys care or keep up with stuff like this but i fugured id make a thread. Not many poeple have any info or pics of the droid outside of stuff from cup. Since i own one and have it in my hands ill help anyone out with what they would like to know.

Thanks

If you have a request for anything specific please lmk and ill do my best to get it.

PICS

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/Adrenaline_Junkie/Droid002.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/Adrenaline_Junkie/Droid004.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/Adrenaline_Junkie/DroidBolt.jpg

VIDS

Ramping Vid showing the amount of kick (lol, kick...)

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a5/Adrenaline_Junkie/?action=view&current=DroidNoKick002.flv

simm33
10-27-2007, 10:59 AM
How bout a little review?

Chaos_Theory!
10-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Well what would you like to know? I dont have a prob writing up a review but in all honesty im not sure what to say.

Its a very consistant marker out of the box. My first time up to the chrono it shot 284 3 times in a row. The manual is really nice with complete instructions on everything. A huge plus was it comes with a full set of allen wrenchs and a little thing of DOW33. Although it looks like theres a lot of parts to the drive train its VERY easy to keep it up. The gun is also very quiet. Ive had people at the field and online comment that it sounds as if it may be low on air its so quiet.

Engus
10-27-2007, 12:08 PM
do you know anyone with a shocker that you could compare it to?

phizz
10-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the Vid, it does look like a very sweet marker.

Chaos_Theory!
10-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Even the thought of comparing the Droid with a Shocker is insulting, the Droid is the better marker.

Engus
10-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Even the thought of comparing the Droid with a Shocker is insulting, the Droid is the better marker.

I just meant size-wise

Chaos_Theory!
10-27-2007, 01:13 PM
NXT or SFT? Ill see what i can do at the field tomorrow for ya.

CKY_Alliance
10-27-2007, 04:37 PM
The one I held at cup felt really nice. I was going to shoot the demo, but they ran out of air just before I got to shoot it. It appeared to have a little kick, about as much as a shocker and was fast..

Rage is now shooting them, but for some reason only a couple of the players where shooting the droid..Im not sure why.

Thotograph
10-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Looks really nice. Heard someone mention it last time I was playing. He wouldn't say what type of operation it had, I didn't think they'd make a spool but here I am being proved wrong. Looks like tight little marker. I didn't think they were available yet... how'd you get one? Is it as efficient as the borg you think? I'd think it'd be less b/c of the lack of a lpr...

CKY_Alliance
10-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Looks really nice. Heard someone mention it last time I was playing. He wouldn't say what type of operation it had, I didn't think they'd make a spool but here I am being proved wrong. Looks like tight little marker. I didn't think they were available yet... how'd you get one? Is it as efficient as the borg you think? I'd think it'd be less b/c of the lack of a lpr...

Not as efficient as the borg, I don't recall the exact numbers,but I do remeber the guy saying that.

OneUp
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Higher quality version from shocktroop http://stage6.divx.com/user/Shocktroop/video/1784123/MacDev-Droid

Chaos_Theory!
10-27-2007, 06:13 PM
There were only 30 at cup and most of them were reserved for teams and stuff. I had someone close to macdev snag one for me thursday and overnight it to me so i had it friday. It gets 1700 shots from a 68/4500. Not as much as a cyborg but thats because its a spool valve gun. Its all around better than a shocker, period.

insixdays777
10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
wow..thanks chaos! nice gat!

Do you know how it works? Can you explain? thanks!

Chaos_Theory!
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Air goes into the gun and it fires. lol

I believe the only moving part is the bolt (the second to last part in the drive train pic). Everything else pretty much directs and seals air.

Thotograph
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Yea, sounds like a nice gun. Way to go getting one so early. I like the milling on it. Still kinda surprised macdev went with a spool design. I just got a quest, my first e-spool gun. How is the kick of the droid? I certainly believe you when you say it whomps over the shocker, but can you be more specific as to why? Ohh wait its MacDev, so it's actually quality. Ohh well still would be nice to hear your take on why. I've never shot a shocker, and never will. I like my quest alot... after getting it I must say that the spool markers in general (besides the shocker lol) have grown on me. I used to think they were the worst type of layout, but I really like how the quest has a lpr for smooth operation, does it matter that the droid doesn't have one?

Lomarandil
10-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Yup, droids are really nice... I've got a friend who is letting me do a trial/review with one here shortly. I'll make sure and put my results up here also..

Lucky guy, his team got a deal on them.... lol

Lo

Chaos_Theory!
10-28-2007, 08:43 AM
To be honest i wasnt ever a fan of spool guns. The only reason i went with the droid is because i know macdev makes very high quality products. I can honestly say this is prob the best gun ive ever used/shot/owned. Thats saying a lot since i had an 07 cyborg and some of the nicest AKA around. As for why its better than a shocker, the overall feel of the gun is better. Its very well balanced and comfortable to hold. Its quieter than anything ive seen and the kick is very minimal. Check out the vid i have posted if you wanna see what i mean. It has less kick than a Quest, that im sure of. The fact it doesnt have an LPR really doesnt matter at all. IT runs at 100psi (the whole gun) which is very impressive and prob what leads to the quiet operation and little kick.

bryceeden
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow, it has alot of Orings! But it looks good, I'll have to look into them, might be worth having in stock.

Chaos_Theory!
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Most of the orings just seal air and ya dont need to worry aboutt hem. The only moving orings are on the bolt.

kenndogg
10-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Macdev's high quality, better efficiency than any spool valve on the market, very little if any kick, cheaper price than a DM8...I believe this just made the DM8 obsolete

dv8withn8
10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Saw the videos... very impressive. But are they tough/reliable? I mean, I could drop kick my mag, neglect it for months, call it's mother a whore, clean it once the entire season and it always freakin works.

Chaos_Theory!
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
The Droid is in no way a mag, period. You cant just neglect it and stuff then expect it to work fine. Honestly you shouldnt expect that from any marker, its more of a bonus if a marker can be abused a lot and not taken care of yet work fine. Thats a mags main highlight, they are built like tanks (im not implying they are all heavy). The droid is a pure performance gun. Its light, smooth, has no kick, and very efficient for a spool valve gun. If you take care of it then it will take care of you. Despite how complex it looks, its not at all hard to figure out.

st6212
10-29-2007, 07:54 PM
James from MacDev posted this on another forum. I found the Smarts Parts bit funny:

still in LA but here are some specs for you;

operating pressure - 100 psi

efficiency - 1600-1700 rnds from a 68 45k tank

same board and programming as the 07 borg

no LPR

we had SP come by and demand a look at the internals as they were worried we were in breach of their patents, the look on their faces was priceless when i showed them how it worked and had to re explain it several times. all they could say was very clever!

we picked up our first american pro team with rage deciding to shoot a mixture of droids and borgs for the remainder of this season and next year. we were also approached by NXL teams and a mass of other teams to shoot the droid for next year!
we are now the only company that can offer two high end guns from each side of the spectrum which has opened up a whole new customer base for us.

we will hopefully be releasing an official video of the gun shooting by next weekend and full instructional videos on the drivetrain.

Chaos_Theory!
10-30-2007, 08:52 AM
:headbang:

BlueDragonX
10-30-2007, 11:14 AM
James from MacDev posted this on another forum. I found the Smarts Parts bit funny:

Haha, yeah, talk about a slap in the face! I love it!