PDA

View Full Version : My new Ford Edge

Warwitch
10-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Well the lady's Korean death-trap (Hyundai Accent) too a dump on her last week. So I let her borrow my Acura to run up to the store. She comes back inside with all my cd's, paperwork and random car fodder and says.. "Here you go honey. Thanks, I love my new car!"

:cry:

So off on yet another search for a new vehicle. I really needed something bigger anyways. Something that would be a little more comfortable for showing my clients around. And of course something that can tote all my pb gear. Come to find out there isnt anything big enough for all my gear. Well, there is but Im not interested in having to get my CDL :p

After a week of looking around at various crossover vehicles I decided on a Ford Edge SE. Nothing fancy, sparsely trimmed but perfect for what I will be using it for. 18-25 MPG from a 3.5L V6 shouldnt kill me at the pump either.

Very happy with it though. Drives and rides great. Curious to see how its going to handle a trailer.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3198/edge1mr8.jpg

Yes, thats Vader on the dash ;)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2032/interiorpv1.jpg

Papa_Smurf
10-27-2007, 12:47 PM
congrats. I love these things! My sister just bought one.

Warwitch
10-27-2007, 12:52 PM
congrats. I love these things! My sister just bought one.

"Soooo. You have a twin sister! Now your feelings have betrayed her as well. If you will not be turned to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will!"

Oops, sorry, my uber-geek is showing...

Papa_Smurf
10-27-2007, 01:16 PM
"Soooo. You have a twin sister! Now your feelings have betrayed her as well. If you will not be turned to the Dark Side, then perhaps she will!"

Oops, sorry, my uber-geek is showing...

...happens to me all the time...
My girlfriend charges me $1 every time I state a random/useless fact in general conversaiton.

/she's going to have enough to get that stupid coach purse soon.

Muzikman
10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I feel bad for you...I really do. ;)

What size trailer do you expect that thing to pull?

Warwitch
10-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I feel bad for you...I really do. ;)

What size trailer do you expect that thing to pull?

Small pop-up camper or 8x10 trailer. Nothing big.

Muzikman
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
What's it's towing capacity? The pop-up is what, about 2000lbs?

Remington
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
My dad picked up one of these a few weeks back. I'm very interested to see how it trailers our 17' center console, as I'm an avid mariner and didn't get to use it this past summer. :cry:

/hoping and praying.
:(

CKY_Alliance
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
My parents have an MKX which is the lincoln version of it, I have to say it rides like you're on clouds.

All the features are nice as well, I don't know which they share.

Only real complaint is how plain the gauges are.