PDA

View Full Version : ULT questions

Covjek
10-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Is it possible to walk a ULT on a tac one? Approximetly how many bps can u get with a 1000 psi tank?

ThePixelGuru
10-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I've seen some walkable ULTs, but they take a lot of tuning - and I mean a lot. You'll probably need an adjustable tank, a lot of experimentation with shims, and you might need to modify a few on/off pins to get it just right.

Check out luke's trigger mods (http://lukescustoms.com/page0015.htm), too, I hear they can really help.

SR_matt
10-28-2007, 12:40 PM
its not hard at all to get it to tune to that point

heres the quick way. put in a bunch more shims than were in there when you got it (probably up to around 6 or 7) test it at this point it will probably run away, turn your air off take out 1 shim at a time until you get to a point it doesnt run away (you might want to go one below this if it still has a lot of bounce in it.)

the tuning is not hard to do at all, and once you do it once or twice its no second though pretty much. with mine i couldnt get it exactly where i wanted it so i took a shim and bent it, when i put it back in the stack it flattened out but there was still the little extra space from where the metal got bent and didnt return all the way but it was less than a full ult shim. got it right where i need it.

-matt

Mongoose
10-30-2007, 05:04 PM
i have a walkable ult mech.
was not that hard at all

BigEvil
11-01-2007, 02:22 PM
lower input is your friend in this case. ;)

Scott Hudnall
11-04-2007, 11:23 AM
What about the ULT with a classic valve? in this case, mine is actually an older Automag valve, serial # in the 5000's.

How well does the ULT seem to work with this type of valve, vs the xvalve.?

athomas
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
What about the ULT with a classic valve? in this case, mine is actually an older Automag valve, serial # in the 5000's.

How well does the ULT seem to work with this type of valve, vs the xvalve.?Its hit or miss in these valves. Mine didn't work well, but others have had success.