PDA

View Full Version : leaking tac-1

stompdown
10-27-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't know what I did while i was trying to familiarize myself with my new gun but now everytime I screw the tank in a huge leak from where the bottle screws in the tank blows. I don't know what the hell i'm doing. Help

madcrisis
10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
try changing the o-ring on ur tank and dripping one in the asa before u screw in ur tank

stompdown
10-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Not working. I have been through several o-rings already and no joy. Every time I charge the gun the asa leaks like mad. I can fire the gun here and there but it's a complete mess of air leaking fast. I don't understand

flyboy
10-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Not working. I have been through several o-rings already and no joy. Every time I charge the gun the asa leaks like mad. I can fire the gun here and there but it's a complete mess of air leaking fast. I don't understand

Is the air leaking from the bottle threads or from the fitting on the asa? If its the bottle, then a new oring shoulf fix it. If its the fitting, then try tightening it first. If that doesnt fix it then remove it and retape it. (be sure to use the correct fitting tape in the blue holder)

Then put it back in snug.

Skiddz
10-27-2007, 09:15 PM
try checking a few things.

If you have an on off asa, check to see if you have a nice seal with your on/off screw. I had accidently unscrewed my entirer knob for my on off and found a small o ring there. So theres maybe problem 1.

Secondly if you have braided steel, check your teflon tape wrappings. If you run macro line, make sure you fitting is in there nice and tight. Try using some loctite to ensure a seal (after its teflon taped of course) and if thats not working then your macro might not be in the fitting all the way. Try a new peice or fitting.

Thats all i can really think of if your tank has a fresh o-ring.