PDA

View Full Version : The Z-mag is back in business.

aNtHrAx323
10-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been out of the paintball scene for over 2 years now and got the itch this week to get back into it full-swing... The 'Mag had been sitting in garages, storage units, closets, trunks, and who knows where else over the past few years, and my 68ci 3000psi PMI Pure Energy tank disappeared long ago, so after a couple days of deliberation I've got it back up and running:

http://flargen.com/images/paintball/IMG_0851.jpg

http://flargen.com/images/paintball/IMG_0852.jpg

http://flargen.com/images/paintball/IMG_0853.jpg

This week I picked up a 68ci 5000psi Evil Scion tank (adjustable output) and a level 10 earlier today, and things are looking oh-so-fine. Right now I'm still trying to adjust the level 10 since it loves to do 5-shot full-speed bursts with absolutely no effort whatsoever (which may turn some heads at the field tomorrow - it shoots just fine even when doing so though). Next on the list of parts to buy include an X-valve, a (hopefully) black warp-left ULE body, and the ULT kit.

It's good to be back, folks :D

Regards,
Campbell

mr doo doo
10-27-2007, 08:42 PM
looking good! having people come back from retirement is always cool!! WELCOME! :cheers:

georgeyew
10-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Next on the list of parts to buy include an X-valve

Welcome back. And the maker looks really nice. Now I have one question. Why would you want to spend extra $$ on an Xvalve if you already have a Retro? And especially since you already spent money purchasing a Level 10? The Retro and Xvalve are going to be identical in performance. But if you are determined to get an Xvalve, let me know if you want to get rid of the Retro.

Ruler_Mark
10-27-2007, 10:32 PM
mabey get it lazer engraved with a bunch od jagged Z's

DeTrevni
10-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Ya know, I never knew why they were called "Z" frames until I saw that pic. Now it all makes sense...

Me = :tard:

OneUp
10-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Maybe get a Z body too?

Pzippy
10-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Ya know, I never knew why they were called "Z" frames until I saw that pic. Now it all makes sense...

Me = :tard:

Woah me too! And the Y-frame too! I understand now.

aNtHrAx323
10-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Welcome back. And the maker looks really nice. Now I have one question. Why would you want to spend extra $$ on an Xvalve if you already have a Retro? And especially since you already spent money purchasing a Level 10? The Retro and Xvalve are going to be identical in performance. But if you are determined to get an Xvalve, let me know if you want to get rid of the Retro.
I'm springing for the X-valve for two main reasons - weight (I'm hoping to eliminate all the stainless parts on the marker), and its ability to accept the ULT kit without modification (the ReTro has to be drilled out to a 2 o-ring setup beneath the on/off assy). The level 10 bolt was actually given to me as a gift yesterday by a friend I used to play with who had one laying around for a few years, and consequently didn't cost me a penny :) .

I'm actually planning on buying either the new RT Pro setup that includes the X-valve and IntelliFrame (plus the ULE body) or the TacOne, as I'm hoping to use them for some part-swapping in order to build a lighter version of the gun above, as well as a long-barrel 45-frame 'Mag for scenario play (which is where the TacOne body would come into play). I haven't convinced myself to blow $500+ on this dream yet, but it'll probably happen come next bonus check.

OneUp - I've never even heard of such a thing. What the heck is a Z-body? :tard:

^^^ EDIT - Found the Z-body and had a flood of memories come rushing back from yesteryear. Looks cool, however, I need a warp-ready body, and after my experiences with the Tippmann Flatline barrel setup, I'm over the need for longer range :) . With the Flatline (I played with a couple friends who had them too), it became a competition to see who could crank the velocity up the highest to shoot under obstructions and still have the ball come back up and hit your target. Really, really hard. That lasted one weekend.

Regards,
Campbell

TnDeathInc
10-28-2007, 01:54 PM
looks great!

aNtHrAx323
10-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Good news - first day back went extremely well (minus the first round - completely forgot about the regulator's on/off button), and I got to do a full rebuild and cleanup over the past couple of hours. Baby rips pretty nicely now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrc5DeHxsfc

I may need to make further adjustments to the level 10 (namely playing with shims) since it did break a ball at the very end when I let some of the younger kids play with it for a bit (it's sad how many of these kids have no idea what an Automag is), and seems to be a bit rough when doing the finger test. It also seems to not want to fire occasionally for one or two trigger pulls, which may be related. Anyway, I stand by my initial statement that it's good to be back!

Campbell

OneUp
10-29-2007, 01:37 AM
^^^ EDIT - Found the Z-body and had a flood of memories come rushing back from yesteryear. Looks cool, however, I need a warp-ready body, and after my experiences with the Tippmann Flatline barrel setup, I'm over the need for longer range :) . With the Flatline (I played with a couple friends who had them too), it became a competition to see who could crank the velocity up the highest to shoot under obstructions and still have the ball come back up and hit your target. Really, really hard. That lasted one weekend.

Regards,
Campbell

I see.

If only warping is your only reason, that should be easily fixed since it has a powerfeed, you can probably put the plug at the top and have the warp tube enter through the bottom.

pyrodragon
10-29-2007, 01:46 AM
It also seems to not want to fire occasionally for one or two trigger pulls, which may be related

i have this problem from time to time with my ULT setup in my X-valve too. find the problem to be the on/off assembly likes to push out some. i have been putting Dow 33 on my on/of assembly and the pin and that seems to take care of the problem.