PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE Question...

brownimusprime
10-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I was dry firing the new mag to learn how to operate the two stage trigger - and I noticed that occasionally, if you chuff several times - it just kinda...locks up. Is this a gun issue or possibly something to do with the tank? (72/3000 steel at about 1000 psi remaining)

angrysasquatch
10-28-2007, 01:10 AM
A two stage trigger is one that is semi auto if you pull it partway, and full auto if you pull it all the way. No mag has a two stage trigger, the only paintball gun I know of with a two-stage is the Tippmann SMG-60. If you meant to get the reactive trigger to kick in, pretty much the only way is to have a high-output or adjustable tank regulator. It is normal for the gun to lock up as the pressure goes lower and lower, the valve's being starved. Is your 72/3000 tank a pure energy? If so, there are ways to have those regs shimmed to a higher pressure. That said, it may be a better idea to just get an adjustable, since most pure energy regs have relatively poor flow rate.

brownimusprime
10-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Not sure of the model - it was my buddy's tank from his X-7. I wanted to use the maxflo from my Promaster set-up but the Max-Flo died (surprise) further cementing my hate-on for SP.

What other adjustable systems are still available, if any?

Edit - Any recommended presets I should look into if I can't find an adjustable?

Mechanic79
10-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Nitro Duck Adjustable tanks.

angrysasquatch
10-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Basically the only preset regs with high enough pressure is the Nitro Duck I-reg. Good adjustable systems are: Max-flo's (not micro), Air America Armageddon, Apocalypse (AA is out of business, you'll have to buy them used), Dynaflows, Flatlines.

brownimusprime
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Haha, funny you mention that Sasquatch, I was just thinking that I may as well recycle the carbon fiber tank and just get the tank reg. Lo and behold, I stumbled upon a Canadian dealer that carried the Nitro Duck iReg and the piston kit, so I'm all set.

Thanks a bunch guys, you're the ones who got me looking. Cheers!

Digler45
11-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I was dry firing the new mag to learn how to operate the two stage trigger - and I noticed that occasionally, if you chuff several times - it just kinda...locks up. Is this a gun issue or possibly something to do with the tank? (72/3000 steel at about 1000 psi remaining)

I have the same issue with mine. When i "short stroke" it, the bolt sticks. It has been suggested to me to change the carrier, and also add/remove shims from the level 10.