PDA

View Full Version : Micromag sear question

craltal
10-28-2007, 12:57 PM
So expecting a new micromag body design has me thinking and wondering about what to do with the new body when I get one and what that means for the future of my mags.

The biggest question I have is, if I wanted to put my emag lowers onto a micromag body (I have one of the vert feed 2K ones) does that require a special emag sear? Is the standard emag sear of the RT style that we may see on the new micromag bodies?

In other words, would I be better off waiting for the new bodies and just perform the transplant then and pick up one of the G-force pneumatic frames for the 2K?

athomas
10-29-2007, 02:47 PM
The micromag bodies require a micro-emag sear to be used with emag lowers. It is an emag sear that has the brass insert shaved down to be the same thickness as the standard sear. You also require a body spacer between the emag lowers and the micromag body. Then you need a .675" on-off pin.

p8ntbal4me
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
The micromag bodies require a micro-emag sear to be used with emag lowers.

I think you might have this part a bit off athomas.

I have 3 Micro E-Mags,... all have replaced E-Mag sears from AGD in them,... one was swapped out at the field last year from my main E-Mag I use all the time.

Unless I caught some really rare luck,... pretty sure the sears are the same from E-Mag to E-Mag. The body and spacer is what makes the challenge to use the E-Mag lowers.

MANN
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I think you might have this part a bit off athomas.

I have 3 Micro E-Mags,... all have replaced E-Mag sears from AGD in them,... one was swapped out at the field last year from my main E-Mag I use all the time.

Unless I caught some really rare luck,... pretty sure the sears are the same from E-Mag to E-Mag. The body and spacer is what makes the challenge to use the E-Mag lowers.

:tard:

I have had the exact opposite experiences. All of my micromag bodies required a ptp emag sear. It did not have the brass piece in the sear, instead it was similar to a am/mm sear. I am not sure if this is standard, but I know for a fact that the Golden micromag, one of the black ones, and one of the purple ones all had this special sear. PTP did come out with quite a few bodies so it could be that we are both right.

p8ntbal4me
10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
:tard:

I have had the exact opposite experiences. All of my micromag bodies required a ptp emag sear. It did not have the brass piece in the sear, instead it was similar to a am/mm sear. I am not sure if this is standard, but I know for a fact that the Golden micromag, one of the black ones, and one of the purple ones all had this special sear. PTP did come out with quite a few bodies so it could be that we are both right.

This pretty much goes into what I said last night in the Micro Mag body concept page.

I dont care what people make,.. as long as it ALL works together.

Im tired of piecing guns together because someone did Part (A) cheaper on a Monday and someone else did Part (A, beta 2.1) cheaper the Wednesday after the third moon rising.

Keep the parts the same,... make them all work. Move on to the next project with the same standards. Customers will be alot better off.

~ P8nt

MANN
10-29-2007, 09:43 PM
This pretty much goes into what I said last night in the Micro Mag body concept page.

I dont care what people make,.. as long as it ALL works together.

Im tired of piecing guns together because someone did Part (A) cheaper on a Monday and someone else did Part (A, beta 2.1) cheaper the Wednesday after the third moon rising.

Keep the parts the same,... make them all work. Move on to the next project with the same standards. Customers will be alot better off.

~ P8nt

QFT. That is one of the main reasons I no longer own any microemags, and stick with only xmags.