PDA

View Full Version : Need Hopper Advice Please...

Digler45
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey everyone.

I recently bought a Tac-One with ULE installed. What would be the best hopper for it?

Thanks in advance.

mr doo doo
10-28-2007, 11:06 PM
get a hopper that you can shoot as fast. even a gravity will do. level 10 = no breaks :)

well, my revvy does fine, even with its 15 bps strings, for some reason, it feeds fine.

drg
10-29-2007, 04:13 AM
get a hopper that you can shoot as fast. even a gravity will do. level 10 = no breaks :)

well, my revvy does fine, even with its 15 bps strings, for some reason, it feeds fine.

Got video? I have never seen a revvy hit 15 bps.

maniacmechanic
10-29-2007, 04:23 AM

I was looking at the " gravity will do " part
I run v35 halo's on my markers , there are a lot of hoppers out everybody has there own preference

BigEvil
10-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Even with all the new loaders on the market, the Halo v35 is still the top dog.

Fantom
10-29-2007, 05:10 AM
Get a QLoader. It is a natural for the Tac One.

reflective
10-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Qloader for woods and scenario...... if you want an all around hopper..... Halo, especially since they have come down in price a bit recently.
Though I still like my xboarded revys.

punkncat
10-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Got video? I have never seen a revvy hit 15 bps.

My old DM3 with a high rise feedneck could hit 15 on short strings with the revi. When I tried to shoot a long string it sounded like a sick lawnmower....lol

I would think that a revi or egg would be fine with an RT unless you are planning to get an adjustable air source. Revi's , particularly the old soft shelled ones have always been my favorite loader anyway. Simple to work on, easy on batteries, and light.

punkncat
10-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Watch this...its a revi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3p4qTAJxD4

bryceeden
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
In all seriousness the best hopper for the money(and in my opinion the best period) is the Spyder Fasta, they're awsome fast, light, durable, just an all around great hopper.

Dend78
10-29-2007, 03:17 PM
you should buy my Halo or even my Pulse loader either one of those will work nicely for ya :D

sneakyrob828
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM

i wish all markers came with total devastation mode. any idea what mods were made on that revy?

olinar
10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
the classic rt's are just pure sex. i cant wait till my comes in!

d4m4don3
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone.

I recently bought a Tac-One with ULE installed. What would be the best hopper for it?

Thanks in advance.

In all actuality a hopper is an investment you have to think about. As you change your markers configuration or as you gain other markers, the hopper will be used with more than just your tac one. Consider getting any type of forcefed hopper so that in the future in case you get an electro or other beastly toy. This way you won't have to invest in another. :cheers:

warpig13
10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Halo is the way to go bro.

Lucky for you I have one to sell you.... :eek:

SR_matt
10-29-2007, 05:27 PM
the halo/reloader b are pretty tried and true. i prefer the reloader because the sound activated seemed to give it a little faster response.

i dont care what any one says level 10 will not prevent every chop. my lvl x is set up perfectly fine and with the field paints i have to shoot i chop some times.

get a force fed hopper if you want to use your gun to its full bps potential

-matt

jaywmustang
10-29-2007, 05:30 PM
I use a vlocity on my tac -one and never had a problem with it. unless i forget to turn it on. i say get the faster force feed hopper u can afford. u can always use it on other markers.

BAZOOKA_Boy
10-29-2007, 05:55 PM
reloader B is a great hopper, the halo is good, but the eyes can wear out, or they might not line up with you feedneck length. the reloader is the same idea, but sound activated, so no worries about the balls not being seen and have a random jam partway through a game...happened to me so many times with my V35 halo, I ended up getting rid of it to get a reloader...

Digler45
10-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I appreciate all the responses so far, please keep them coming. More info is better, and will ultimately lead to my decision.

Forcefed hoppers take batteries right? (i have never used one). Do they ever act up in the rain? (i play woodsball mostly).

Thanks.

secretweaponevan
10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Having good luck with my egg3 so far. Lighter than a Halo, but I've never used a Halo, so take that into consideration.

LinearGoose
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
If I where you I wouldnt spend 65-100 on a halo or reloader b. 2 reasons, you play woodsball which a halo and reloader are just going to get heavy and well are bigger than a Revy and last a Revy just looks nice on a tach and your not going to shoot 20bps most of the time. 25 bucks will get you a nice revy.

p8ntbal4me
10-29-2007, 07:07 PM
i wish all markers came with total devastation mode. any idea what mods were made on that revy?

Its the height of the stack that helps the revy.

I had a B2 as well as a Halo with a v35 installed. They only could break 26+bps with the tall stack and no chopping. Anything less,.. and it was a blender.

And its only a small shot in the video,... but the font that the molded stamp left on the side of the hopper where the motor is looks to be the original from the 18volt version prior to the Brass Eagle buy out.

Original Revys could sport 18volts as well as an early version of the intelli hookup.

A tech up here in NH named R. Moore looked at the revy link from WDP and decided to use some Radio Shack parts to duplicate the same idea.

Now, the boards are a bit different,.. but the older ones had a reg on them that was used to solder the link cable to.

I dont have one anymore,.. sold it. These hoppers were KING before the HALO.

p8ntbal4me
10-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Even with all the new loaders on the market, the Halo v35 is still the top dog.

**ahem,....* the new APE board Scott. It will kill all boards out there.

I seen a video of the symbio as well,... that has a feed rate to match the v35.

divil
10-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone.

Thanks in advance.

how about the new Revolution Force from VL

mr doo doo
10-29-2007, 08:50 PM

hehehe, was about to post this link as well. good job Thotograph! :D

Digler45
10-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Forgive my ignorance...what's a revy? Is is a Viewloader Revolution?

And still not sure about performance in the rain...anyone?

bryceeden
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Here is the info I have. On the force feeds. The Halo wears out and jams up at the worst possible times and is heavy. The reloader b is bassically a perfected Halo and isn't prone to those problems but it is heavy. Both the Halo and reloader do eat batterys fairly quickly. The VL eye force is a good option but its very wide in the back and kind of blocks your view, it is also prone to lids breaking and only feeds 18BPS. The Vlocity is a good hopper but alittle tall and frankly overkill on most everything, but it sounds like buzz lightyears lazer when its empty. The Evolutions feedneck, battery door, lid, and shells are very prone to cracks and breaking. The Fasta is LOUD when it feeds, and is one of the ugliest hoppers out there plus the screen is all pointless info. The top loading takes some getting use to.

Now for the positives, Halo has good customer service and the V35 is a good fast hopper and with the rip drive clearing jams is easy. They also look good. The Reloader is very similar the the Halo but alittle more responsive and in my opinion works better. The Eye force is great on batterys, feeds as fast as you'll probably ever shoot, and if you put a VL gravity fed hopper's lid on it you'll never break one again. Plus I think the eye force looks good. The Vlocitys are FAST and very popular now. They are also lighter than the Halo and such. The Evolution, well I don't have much good to say about the Evolution(I've had and broken nearly a dozen). The Fasta is way light, holds 220balls, feeds extreamly fast(It claims 30 BPS I don't know about that but in drop tests it'll empty its full 220 befor the standard Halo finishes its 180) its good on batterys.

I've used the Fasta in the rain and it works fine and isn't damaged, but in extreame cold, 20 degrees and below, its hard to get to turn on. I assume the others are the same.

Now the Revy which is indeed the revolution always works, rain snow, sleet, or hail. The cold doesn't bother it much, and its a great all around hopper but not very fast if you really roll your mag you could probably outrun it in long strings, but in short bursts it would do fine.

robnix
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to spend money, get a Vlocity jr. Small, light, and very fast. If you want to save a buck, get a Ricochet AKX. They're light, fast enough, and very cheap on ebay.

B-Pow
10-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I use a stock board halo with a rip drive, I've been using the same batteries since the day I bought it about 5+ outings ago (plus some screwing around drop testing and backyard shooting). I understand the comments that it is a little heavy compared to other loaders, but I don't really notice it much in game. The only jams I've had with the halo were on a friend's E-mag and it was due to really low grade paint (JT Elite) that was also old (on my shelf for maybe 5 months and the shops for who knows how long). The jams were cleared on field by turning off the loader and backing the drive cone up with the rip drive, then turning the loader back on. I've heard the complaints about eyes not seeing paint, however I shot that new ugly shelled blaze (black and dark purple "carbon fiber camo" it looks like a sissy checkerboard) and the eyes saw it all.

With the halo's prices dropping the way there are I believe that it is a solid investment. And because it's been out for so long and has been so popular getting them used is easy and cheap. Also spare/replacement parts are easy to find and also not expensive.

I also have a revy and that is a very solid loader as well, just not as quick. If you don't plan on shooting quickly a revy will be more then enough. And if you do decide to upgrade later you'll have a backup just in case you don't have spare batteries for your primary loader or you don't require that kind of speed that day.

Just for laughs I'm going to put my halo on a pump'ed cocker...because...I donno...agg mocking factor?

Digler45
10-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Keep those opinions coming!

Dirge
10-31-2007, 07:22 AM
I've had great luck with a Vlocity Jr. with a Gangster board. No chops yet with an RT, and it's great on battery consumption. Overall cost is about the same as a regular Vlocity, but with an aftermarket board.

CaptainMorgan13
10-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Personally I use a tac one w/ the flatline turned up to 1100+ and I shoot a Ricochet. It is the Apache version, and I have used it on my imp w/ a blackheart in it and my tac one and I have yet to outshoot it. Maybe I'm just lucky but I have had it take all kinds of hopper hits, w/ not solid bust, I have played w/ it in the rain, and I have used it multiple times riin scenario games over 24 hours straight and It has always done me good. I have shot a halo, and personally I think it jams wayyy too much. Yes you can just turn the rip drive and it is ok, but still when you are shooting a lot of paint w/ guys ramping on you, that isn't too fun... Yeah so I recoment an Apache, have a good one.

Captain

drg
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM

It is quite difficult to tell whether it is getting a ball fired per "pop" and in fact in quite a few places it appears it does not. Since the RT will fire whether or not a ball is loaded, it may SOUND impressive but not really be putting out the paint you think. A good illustration of this is in the end of the video, when he dry fires it a bit, it sounds indistinguishable from when he was firing paint with it.

Revvys feed so (relatively) slowly that even a gun with level 10 type pinchability can get dry shots within a stream of paint and not pinch/chuff/stutter.

drg
10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Here is the info I have. On the force feeds. The Halo wears out and jams up at the worst possible times and is heavy. The reloader b is bassically a perfected Halo and isn't prone to those problems but it is heavy. Both the Halo and reloader do eat batterys fairly quickly.

I don't know whether I am special, my Halo is special, or what, but my Halo has never jammed with paint in it except one time where some foreign matter literally jammed a ball in the feed neck (it was one of the beads from the loader, which cracked). I don't know what you mean about wearing out, unless you mean the shell, but the Reloader B has the same crappy shell.

Having both a Reloader B and Halo, while the Reloader has some positive aspects (the best IMO being it doesn't run when empty lol), IMO it is the less perfect design. Because it responds to sound rather than actual ball movement, it will wind or attempt to regardless of the feed rate or characteristics. I have found it extremely inconsistent as far as keeping the cone spring wound properly. It's so aggressive with the winding that it's hard on the spring and paint. The usual solution, lowering the speed, is little more than a workaround. I occasioanlly get gaps in firing with my reloader due to the uneven spring winding as well, which pretty much never happens with a halo.

Then again most people swear by their Reloader Bs as well.

Digler45
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Narrowed it down to 3.

Halo
Empire B
Evolution III

Leaning more towards eggy3 right now. Opinions?

drg
11-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Narrowed it down to 3.

Halo
Empire B
Evolution III

Leaning more towards eggy3 right now. Opinions?

The Egg is really a different class of loader than the other two (significantly lower end) ... Only get it if your goal is to save money IMO ...

I say if you are considering the first two then the vlocity should be in there. And probably the eye force.

Digler45
11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
The Egg is really a different class of loader than the other two (significantly lower end) ... Only get it if your goal is to save money IMO ...

I say if you are considering the first two then the vlocity should be in there. And probably the eye force.

i considered the vlocity junior, but it seems to go a bit more expensive. Used Halo/Reloader B seems to be around the $50 mark. i would most likely buy a new Eggy3 for that if i go that route.