PDA

View Full Version : 32* mag frame.....

reflective
10-29-2007, 05:53 AM
Anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth a P#$P?
I know there are 2 in the b/s/t forums right now, and I am looking to build a mag pistol.
Just wondering if they are worth getting, since I'd really like to use some custom 45 grips on this project.
And also do these frames have "wings"?

coyote
10-29-2007, 12:42 PM
I have never used the frames, but the build quality of 32 degrees stuff in general is low.

It was an old NPS value label. Cheap parts, roughly finished, low cost.

PumpMag
10-30-2007, 02:59 AM
They work fine, I haven't had any issues.

hmudd13
10-30-2007, 04:23 AM
I have never used the frames, but the build quality of 32 degrees stuff in general is low.

It was an old NPS value label. Cheap parts, roughly finished, low cost.

Word!

I've had 2 of them, didn't like either.
Can't even sell them. :(

reflective
10-30-2007, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the replies!
I just got one of the micromag clone bodies (on it's way), and I love the CF frames, but was told that frames with wings work best with the clone bodies due to the sear pin setup.
I came across the 32* frames, and thought they looked pretty mean. I figured I'd duracoat them and slap some custom 1911 grips I have on them to make a tight little pistol.
But if they aren't worth the $20 (or so), then I'll just tap the micro body instead and go with the CF frame.

Chris_automag_07
10-31-2007, 01:25 PM
they do have "wings"....i had one...it works...but i had to grind off the "wings" in order for it to fit onto my mag. and after the grinding the finish started to chip off so be very careful...and dont spend more than like 25- or 30 dollars. :rofl:

Railgun
11-01-2007, 08:39 PM
they do have "wings"....i had one...it works...but i had to grind off the "wings" in order for it to fit onto my mag. and after the grinding the finish started to chip off so be very careful...and dont spend more than like 25- or 30 dollars. :rofl:

Yeah, chrome on aluminium is hellish that way. If you can find a black one you'll be far better off and a lot less shiney in the woods.

I've got one but I haven't tried to transfer the trigger from my stocker to the 32* yet. If it's really sloppy I may have to make up a new pin or new pin and trigger.