PDA

View Full Version : Pump Mag problems

finnmanpa
10-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Here is my gun;
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_files/68546/images/PumpMagNJNam.jpg

Benchmark trigger and rail. I am using a blue bumper washer that I cut down to fit inside the wave spring.

My pump kit doesn't work with a stock wave spring and the pump power tube spacer. It literally still shoots semi with a stock wave spring. I tried 2 wave springs together, but then it doesn't always catch the bolt as it is too far forward as causes too much pressure.

Rainman229 from MCB had stretched my wave spring out quite a bit and it worked great for about 2 days, but then the wave spring slowly collapsed back to original size, causing erratic low velocities and eventually it resorted back to semi auto.

Basically I can't use my pump kit for more than a day without re-stretching my wave spring out and it won't work with a brand new wave spring at all, it just shoots semi. Any suggestions?

BigEvil
10-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Hey Fin, great pic.. I wonder who took that :-)

Pump mags - ehhh.. not my specialty. but if stretching the spring out worked.. how about trying two bumpers?

I will look into your problem a little further and get back to you to see if I can help.

***edit: Fin, do you have the black bumper and an assortment of powertube spacers? You may need to try a smaller one. Get me on AIM later ScottF72

doc_Zox
10-29-2007, 10:38 AM
have you read this:
http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/automag/index.html

finnmanpa
10-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks Doc_Zok, yeah I saw the haveblue threads and stuff, they have really helped me before.

Scott,

That's one of my favorite pics! My teamate just next to me just picked up a Tac One and absolutely loves it. I let him use my main Mag at EMR for the whole day and that sealed the deal for him.

I don't have the black bumper, but the measurements given for it in the haveblue threads match my cut down blue bumper, which everyone says works for them too.

I do have a spacer kit, but I'm using the spacer that AGD said to use from the tech guy at the AGD tech line. I forget the size off the top of my head.....

Two bumpers, that might actually do it..... I'll try that. I hate bending the wave spring, as it only lasts a day at most and the spring gets brittle and breaks over time.

MANN
10-29-2007, 11:29 AM
I use to use a rt bumper with my pump. I also found that the spring spacer in the powertube worked the best for pumps. might want to pm rudz, and ask him what his setup is.

PumpMag
10-30-2007, 02:54 AM
I've been shooting PumpMags for 3 years now. Yes, I've had to replace many wave springs during that time.

I've tried stretching them out as well until they broke apart. Save the old ones, you can always use broken sections and add a partial wave spring to provide more tension.

Another thing to do is to use old bolt springs. Put them side by side and choose the shortest one. This should prevent the bolt from resetting with less force.

Also check your bolts and sears for wear, once the corners start to round off there isn't much to keep the bolt from catching and it often causes it to revert to semi-auto.

Smoothice
10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I've been shooting PumpMags for 3 years now. Yes, I've had to replace many wave springs during that time.

I've tried stretching them out as well until they broke apart. Save the old ones, you can always use broken sections and add a partial wave spring to provide more tension.

Another thing to do is to use old bolt springs. Put them side by side and choose the shortest one. This should prevent the bolt from resetting with less force.

Also check your bolts and sears for wear, once the corners start to round off there isn't much to keep the bolt from catching and it often causes it to revert to semi-auto.

Wow. Didn't know converting to pump added that much extra wear and tear. Good info.

finnmanpa
10-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Ding ding ding, BigEvil, we've got a winner!!

I put a stock blue bumper on the power tube, then added my cut bumper and wave spring.

I know you're not supposed to have the blue bumper on there, but like I said, it kept going semi on me. Two wave springs were too tight to pump, but the wave spring and blue bumper combo works great.

Most consistent I've had it in awhile.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! AO'ers :headbang: ROCK

PumpMag
10-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Wow. Didn't know converting to pump added that much extra wear and tear. Good info.

Well, its just that I shoot them so often, for both tourney and walk-on. Weekend after weekend. :shooting:

In the words of Indiana Jones, "It's not the years. It's the mileage!"