PDA

View Full Version : Miami Rage Drops WDP and Switchs To MacDev For 2008

Chaos_Theory!
10-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry to anyone who doesnt care about whats going on with macdev but i find it interesting.

Anyway, Miami Rage has dropped its aponaor WDP and will be shooting MacDev porducts for the 2008 season. Since MacDev now has a place in Miami they decided it was the way to go. This will be macdevs first pro sponsored team.

They have also picked up another team but i cant recall who they were.

Some of you may find it interesting with the restructure of WDP and stuff going on right now.

BlueDragonX
10-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Sorry to anyone who doesnt care about whats going on with macdev but i find it interesting.

Anyway, Miami Rage has dropped its aponaor WDP and will be shooting MacDev porducts for the 2008 season. Since MacDev now has a place in Miami they decided it was the way to go. This will be macdevs first pro sponsored team.

They have also picked up another team but i cant recall who they were.

Some of you may find it interesting with the restructure of WDP and stuff going on right now.

Actually, that's a good point, I was thinking the same. It just makes sense given all that's going on.

dixieoutfitter94
10-29-2007, 07:34 PM
thats pretty cool, will they have their own cyborg boards? :confused:

Engus
10-29-2007, 07:57 PM
thats pretty cool, will they have their own cyborg boards? :confused:

probably not since they are shooting the Droid

edit: just read that the droid and borg have the same board

buzzboy
10-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Its great to see macdev hitting the pro sponsors. There are still a lot of people who don't know about Macdev and I hope this will bring these great guns into the limelight.

Lomarandil
10-29-2007, 08:30 PM
They also picked up the Irregulators, a Scenario/SPPL team out of the NorthWest.... but that may have not been who you were thinking of.
Lo

Chaos_Theory!
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
That is who i was thinking of, i just couldnt remember the name.

As far as boards go, i doubt they will egt their own since the stock board with militia software has every mode imaginable. On top of theat the NOX Unleashed code is even more programable.

They will be shooting Borgs and Droids, whichever they want.

B-Pow
10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
They will be shooting Borgs and Droids, whichever they want.

I'm very intrested to see what the breakdown will be on the field, as in how many borgs to droids will be used. I'm not all that impressed with spoolers, but it would be intresting to see which guns players start with and if they change after a few games and why.

It's almost an experement in prefrence of players...or what's "in" now. All around intresting times, in the sport of paintball.

cyrus-the-virus
10-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Sucks for WDP...

Great for macdev

RavishingEddie
10-30-2007, 11:15 AM
The WDP Angel 1 was awesome when it first came out, but later proved to have alot of issues with eyes and many stores did not support it.

Mac Dev on the other had has been a company I always liked. Their Cyborgs always felt awesome and now their Droids look sooo sexy. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

CKY_Alliance
10-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Old, but still RAGE ftw.

RogueFactor
10-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Ive always liked MacDev. Good markers.

But what team is shooting them is of little importance to me. As long as their quality stays the same, I support them. If this sponsorship(and future ones) eventually leads to them cutting corners on their markers and joining in on the race to the bottom it will be sad to see them deteriorate.

Chaos_Theory!
10-30-2007, 02:35 PM
CKY - The official announcment isnt more than a few days old. Also, it wasnt posted here so i didnt think a lot of people would know.

rogue - I cant see MacDev as a company that would give up quality.

CKY_Alliance
10-30-2007, 08:44 PM
CKY - The official announcment isnt more than a few days old. Also, it wasnt posted here so i didnt think a lot of people would know.

rogue - I cant see MacDev as a company that would give up quality.

I know, I mainly posted so I could say RAGE FTW.

UTDragun
11-05-2007, 03:26 AM
warpig video on cyborg tells about rage and the other sponsored teams posted awhile ago

Spider-TW
11-05-2007, 10:37 AM
They also picked up the Irregulators, a Scenario/SPPL team out of the NorthWest.... but that may have not been who you were thinking of.
Lo
Not that I find them necessary, but does MacDev have a special 'scenario body' or marker of some sort?

Lomarandil
11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Not that I know of, and I believe I would.. A lot of SPPL teams are going to the tourney-style markers though, and this is the Irregulators version of that, I would suppose. I have to say, nice choice on Aaron's part... :D

Lo

BangStik
11-18-2007, 04:56 PM
As long as their quality stays the same, I support them. If this sponsorship(and future ones) eventually leads to them cutting corners on their markers and joining in on the race to the bottom it will be sad to see them deteriorate.

Seems like this is the going trend in business. I hope their quality and support stays, it would be a shame to see another company that makes a great product give it up to meet demand.